Head movement in AMS

I've been spending more time with the game and for the most part, I enjoy it. But one thing that is throwing me off is the amount of head movement. Because of it, it feels like there is a delay in what the car is doing when I go around turns..like I'm experiencing understeer. It makes it a difficult to tell if I'm actually pushing off line or not, if only for a split second but that split second can make all the difference in your lap. I have all head movements turned down to 0 so I'm assuming that it's just part of the game. Other sims have it as well but they don't seem to be a pronounced as AMS. I don't mind some, as it tries to simulate looking into the turn but in AMS, it seems a bit un-natural. Not a big deal, just wondered if there was another option to check..

check headphysics.ini in Gamedata folder if there is parameter that might help ... I don`t have issues with it and based on description I`m not sure what is your problem :) but if it is fixable, it will probably be in that ini file

You might want to take a look in your plr file as well, around line 250 there are some options for head movements like:

Look Up/Down Angle
Leanahead Angle
Look Roll Angle
Glance Angle
Lookahead Angle
Head Physics
Head Rotation
Exaggerate Yaw

• Deleted member 130869

Before diving into .plr, set yaw to 0 just like head movement. Then if still unhappy check the head physics in .plr.

For the F vintage (and analogically other cars) open F_Vintage_Cockpitinfo.ini and F_Vintage_V8_Cockpitinfo.ini file and make sure you have this line: CockpitVibrationMag=0.000
Hi speed shake is now taken out completely !
Now add some values in .PLR file to get nice head movement, also mix this values with percentage set in the in-game settings.
Whats interesting the CockpitVibrationMag line was actually missing in some of the cars Cockpitinfo.ini settings, so make sure it is there!
REM

The slider is for the G effects, set at 5-10% gives some realistic in-cockpit movement feel. Hi speed cockpit shake is something different, the slider does not affect it.

EDIT: With new Automobilista updates the CockpitVibrationMag line is missing again (F_Vintage), so the F_Vintage_V8_Cockpitinfo.ini / F_Vintage_Cockpitinfo.ini need editing one more time... (probably again and again with future updates, until devs correct the missing line;) )

Last edited:
The Lookahead Angle parameter is specially useful, since it moves the camera towards the direction your wheel is moving. That's GREAT to see corner apex, specially in harpins. I found myself up to half a second faster immediatly by using this feature.

I use Lookahead Angle=0.3

However, I strongly suggest you don't go higher than this, otherwise any small movement in wheel will cause camera to tilt, even in straights.

With the new update, I have ingame head movement slider to 0%, and in the .plr file only changed Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.00000" and Cockpit Vibration Mult2 also. This way the cam is almost lock, but is that car that bounces over bumps etc.
Yes I have noticed this also, what has changed in last update? pretty annoying when you don't want something but can't get rid of it?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.