Having issues running a server from my PC

Hi, appreciate there's quite a few posts on this but I've read through a lot of them and can't seem to find a fix.

I've gone through various guides and still having issues.

So i've paid for the full version of content manager, its set to use the default ports of 9600 and 8081.

I've set up a static IP address on my PC.

Gone through my router config and set up port forwarding for 9600 (TCP/UDP) and 8081 (BOTH)

I've added inbound and outbound rules to my Windows Firewall to allow connections on those ports.

Click run on the server in content manager but it doesnt work. Can't even connect to the server myself let alone get any friends on it?

Any help would be much appreciated.

1710232355671.png

Think i've found my problem.. a lot of you may have the same issue so putting the fix here.

My ISP has me on a CGNAT which basically funnels all your network traffic through another hop so it all goes through one public address. You can tell because public IP on your PC is different from the one you see in your Network Map on your router.

They do this to save the number of ipv4 addresses they have to use

my ISP is Hyperoptic and they offer an additional service to buy a "private" IP for £5 a month or apparently you can buy a VPN which will have the same affect. I've not tried either but I'm told that's the fix.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.