Have Your Say: What is the Worst Sim Car You Have Ever Driven?

Agree with @mclarenf1papa, aslo the GTs in the same mod. Very strange feeling and handling, far away from how a LMP2 should run. Tried first the Ferrari F430 at COTA, in the esses my reaction was like: "WTF, am i driving an hovercraft???", same reaction with LMP2 at Suzuka (Matusaka).
I tried the most understeer setups possible, nothing to do.

80% of AC cars and F2 from rF2, Jesus... :thumbsdown:

How i feel AC cars:
03b-carretti%20con%20cuscinetti.jpg

Last edited:
I am a nascar person so i will say any of the modern day Nascar games Ed Martin is behind. I know they keep changing The name of the game and company, But he is still the one thing that remains the same. I just wonder how Forza 6 and Gran Turismo 6 have better nascar models then a company That only spends time on Nascar. I mean every year it seem they have to change there brand because they suck. I do think if they would have spent a little time on the engine sounds as they spent on stuff they were trying to sell you,I might would look at it different, But every year we get the same thing,A couple of patch's to make the game where it can be played and then they move on to something they can sell you.

I think while I have another one that I hated, it has been since fixed. One that hasn't been fixed and is still literally the car that makes me want to send every single hard drive it has ever been stored on and every single real life counterpart left on this earth straight to the sun just to make sure it burns in eternal flames of hell (Yes, I hate it that much) is the Formula 2 car in rF2. It speaks volumes when a 1937 Auto Union Type C in rF1 handles better than this so called Formula 2 car.

I'll not include mods here.

Gran Turismo 6: basically all cars pre-1990 with a rear-heavy weight balance (RUF BTR or Lotus Europa and the Alpines come to mind). The yaw inertia is very overdone, especially compared to the rest of the cars in that game that all have super forgiving physics.
Forza Motorsport 6: With that FFB... every car is stressful to drive(forces come to late, understeer effect overdone, no natural feel to countersteer), especially in hairpins, off-camber and downhill corners.

Project CARS: Whenever I think "hey, this car is half as bad, drives kinda nice" some minutes later the car shows some unnatural behavior, be it under braking, when driving over a curb, too harsh snap-back from the tires after countersteering... really, most production cars feel "off" immediately, but even the mostly praised GT cars have some terrible flaws and the original setups are horrible as well. I wouldn't know what car to nominate here, they're all somewhat bad. Same if it were "best car".

Assetto Corsa: Outside of the mods, none of the cars are bad in the current build, in my opinion. If had call out a car, I'd say the Ferrari F40's turbo seems a bit too unforgiving (could be just throttle linearity, idk), you'd think that car would be fun, not easy-fun, but fun, for me the power delivery is too hard to control and predict to be fun. I also don't like AC's FFB in the older F1 cars, it's too soft and makes the swimmy'ness much harder to handle than in rF2 or Automobilista for example - still think these cars are well done in Assetto Corsa, just the typical AC FFB, that is fantastic for production cars, is not a good fit for those older F1 cars.
RaceRoom Racing Experience: Very clearly the Formula Junior for me. The clutch on that thing is WAY overpowered, you'd think you maybe even could drive a car like this without clutching somewhat well, but no, needs perfect heel and toe'ing or it's instant death. I don't think it's only my (admittedly not great) skill level, since I love the Formula Trainer in Automobilista and the USF2000 in rFactor 2.
rFactor 2: The ISI Intercepter.period! I don't think I need to say any more. That thing would be a joke if it were a first-time modder attempt, hard to believe it's official content. (Maybe some game update broke that thing? Didn't drive at first release...).
Automobilista: They're all very believable in my opinion, I mean I don't think that the diff and the brakes on the Formula Dirt (that more stabilize the car instead of help you rotate that thing around a corner) are a good idea or "fun", but it's believable. Worst car is probably the Ultima 720. The low-rev torque and power delivery seems unrealistically harsh, if it really drives like that and I were Ultima ...I wouldn't sell a car like that to not professional race drivers, it's like asking to get sued by relatives of now deceased owners ;D
iRacing: The prices of the content is too high for my wallet, sorry. I'd probably be ok with the subscription fee if I had the time to keep the schedule and practice in between, but even R3E content prices are hard to justify for me as a student (which I currently am again).

Nice post, except you don't like the lovely Ultima:inlove:. That car is a track day's beast!

the ford van in Forza 6 & all the vans in forza series, & the mini 70's they should have not be included. What was the purpose have them in this game i never quite got it.. also in dirt rally. the subary impreza '95 starts to piss me off its giving me a really hard time to try to balanced it with a good setup for the upcoming hellenic Dirt Rally championship tp race in Sweden... assetto few cars ae worth to pay attention to.. the 599xx evo in contrast to other racing sims has it all to be competitive. Another car i like & all rest i almost dislike in all racing games is the Z4 GT3 a natural born winner..

So many to list, but something that I remembered just now: the CLK GTR on Project Cars. So stiff and weird to drive, always bottoming out with that dreadful sound. Horrible. Just that.

Most cars on Project Cars are bad, but this one takes the crown for me somehow. And that bottoming out sound, I hate it so much.

All of the street cars in PCARS, but especially the McLaren P1. Bizarre, floaty tires straight out of Need for Speed Shift 2.

One of my surgeon buddies has a McLaren MP4/12c and that car is literally nailed to the ground. It's an incredibly safe, competent, sorted and controllable machine. We took it down to COTA in Austin and had a blast with all the driver aids turned off (at least when I drove it - he's learning still). I'm assuming the P1 must be similar.

I would say that the McLaren road cars in Forza drive more like the real thing than what PCARS depicts. Truly dreadful and, as an early PCARS backer/beta tester/investor/whatever, I couldn't believe they still shipped the game like that.

I have driven many bad ones be it mods or vanilla content but I would say iRacing Pontiac Solstice is the only one that I remember how bad it was, its such a dull car to drive at least when I last had a subscription in iRacing.

My brain has been scarred by so many that's it's just impossible for me to think of just one. I will say that when Grand Prix Legends firts came out I was very disappointed in the driving model. I remember thinking if the real cars we watched Clark, Hill and Stewart drive were like the game the death toll would have been even higher in that era which fortunately it wasn't. It was too high and we lost too many.
Now, I too, will reach for the popcorn avatar.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%