PC2 Have Your Say: Project CARS 2 Three Months On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Have  Your Say.jpg

Project CARS 2 released across PC and console platforms back on the 22nd September to mixed reviews, now three months and a couple of patches we want you to 'Have Your Say'...

The latest racing title from Slightly Mad Studios continues to divide opinion throughout the sim racing community, often mixing the sublime with the ridiculous in equal measure as it constantly strives to achieve the lofty ideals set forth by an aggressive pre release marketing campaign.

Shipping in a sub optimal state and having since been in receipt of a sizable updates, the question for today is:

How do you feel Project CARS 2 has progressed since release day, and what are your impressions of the game now?

Have fun, stay respectful and enjoy the weekend!

So much rubbish in this thread, some should better see a doctor. This community is cancerous and pCars 2 is obviously the best sim we have today. With my setup this is so obvious, unbelievable. And i can still kick most of your asses in any other sim because pCars 2 taught me how to drive better. Raceroom is far too easy for my taste today and boring as watching TV, the Formula Extreme is far more easy in AMS than the Formula Renault in PC2. AC is the worst in tyre-physics, but just won a podium on a full SRS-race. pCars 2 is just by far the best sim ever to date and only some cars in rF2 are close to it. But the McLaren GT3 is certainly more difficult than in rF2. Ridiculous how stable it is in rF2.

Oh God and for a minute we just had the adults discussing stuff and it was all warm and nice....then you popped up....Jesus wept.<snip> Mod Edit: Don't.. just don't.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh God and for a minute we just had the adults discussing stuff and it was all warm and nice....then you popped up....Jesus wept.
I think we can all argee on one thing...you sir are a dick.
I f-word don't care what you people think or believe. I just know what is best and pCars 2 is by far the best sim and smashing the competition to pieces IMO. But most people just judge the FFB for physics, which i find rather ridiculous.

That's just my opinion and you can disagree, but i have a lot of reasons for thinking so and i was never a fan of any other sim before, even with 1900 steam hours on AC, 550 hours RR, 215 hours rF2 and now 453 hours pCars 2 .

Only pCars 2 doesn't feel artificial and scripted, but stunning natural. For me pCars 2 is the jack of all trades: Take the best of iRacing, AC, Raceroom and rF2 plus better graphics. Certainly it's not perfect, but certainly no sim is.

PS: If you think you are better drivers, than try to take down my Time-Trial with the McLaren F1 road, Audi R8 V10 or Radical RXC Turbo on Azure Coast. If you can get even close, you know why this is the best sim ever.

Last edited:
Another poster
" something something fanboy word mentioned"
Mod. As a past WMD member, you should not resort to personal attacks"

ME. Seriously! unless you've been wrapped in cotton wool all your life, there is nothing in that post about personal attack"

MOD." Don't tell moderators how to do their tasks"

ME. "Stop treating us like Children then"

I'm now banned for a week!
I love the game flaws and all but the mods over there are out of control, so ban me all you like, but I'm a loyal customer and have sung the praises of their game but your Mods Mr Bell, have a word with them FFS!!!!

Love how you frame it so you're the victim. You misread someone's post and made a snide comment about what you thought he said. You were told not to make personal attacks and you decided to push back.

The problem with the phrase "work around" I get it and i do it, man I play RFactor 2 the hole thing is a work around!
But again i come back to console players...they either in some case can't or don't think they should have to "work around", that's not me slagging off console players as was and still own one...its the fact that PCars is multi platform and consoles make up the higher player counts...piss them off and tell them to "work around" stuff will likely end in tears.
RFactor can get away with a lot more because its just PC people with access to it.
Look at AC and kunos and how they handled console players.

If had just invested in the new xbox and the triple A title Pcars 2 and was told i needed to "work around " something i'd be pretty vocal about it.

Heard a few console user on AC and Pcars 2 unhappy but for me the most I hear it from is PC user ...tends to be the same people vocal about everything ......essential they feel soo powerful with the internet and an opinion on everything which turns into arguments, am sure if they meet Devs face to face they won't say much..... I think we focus tooo much on negatives. And negativity breeds more negativity.

How many time we get a burger from Mcdonals or KFC then look at the picture...they don't look the same .... how many complain? We still go back.

nothing wrong with being vocal, its how we go about it. it's becoming a trend to slag a game off once we're not immediately happy.

PS: If you think you are better drivers, than try to take down my Time-Trial with the McLaren F1 road, Audi R8 V10 or Radical RXC Turbo on Azure Coast. If you can get even close, you know why this is the best sim ever.
So by that logic, if I can't get close, I know why this is the worst sim ever? :)

I have seen some childish forum posts in my long internet life but this is the most pathetic ever. Incredible. :thumbsdown::poop:

Last edited:
Reactions: F_B
This community is cancerous

Raceroom is far too easy for my taste today and boring as watching TV, the Formula Extreme is far more easy in AMS than the Formula Renault in PC2. AC is the worst in tyre-physics, but just won a podium on a full SRS-race. pCars 2 is just by far the best sim ever to date and only some cars in rF2 are close to it. But the McLaren GT3 is certainly more difficult than in rF2. Ridiculous how stable it is in rF2.

Right, I agree... you sure know what being cancerous is. :poop:

Go troll elsewhere.

I f-word don't care what you people think or believe. I just know what is best and pCars 2 is by far the best sim and smashing the competition to pieces IMO. But most people just judge the FFB for physics, which i find rather ridiculous.

That's just my opinion and you can disagree, but i have a lot of reasons for thinking so and i was never a fan of any other sim before, even with 1900 steam hours on AC, 550 hours RR, 215 hours rF2 and now 453 hours pCars 2 .

Only pCars 2 doesn't feel artificial and scripted, but stunning natural. For me pCars 2 is the jack of all trades: Take the best of iRacing, AC, Raceroom and rF2 plus better graphics. Certainly it's not perfect, but certainly no sim is.

I don't know why the likes of race department don't settle this idiotism once and for all & hire some impartial drivers to review all the sims. get a rep from each game help them get all the setup & ffb setting right & tell us once & for all what is the best driving.

yes, the 180º pad lock is for ALL OF US. not for me.
me and everybody here have the right to disagree with you...right?
excuse me, but you're complaining about toxic responses with a toxic response after your own toxic responses? now...thats like the inception movie... :D

Damm you caught me ... :confused: . I deserve a ban call the mods ..wait I will ban myself !! there im BANNED ..:speechless:
pCARS2AVX 2017-12-19 13-34-06-96.jpg

btw these are all the people that have worked there ass's off trying to build us a better sim ,so all the people that are unhappy and saying some pretty nasty stuff these are who you are attacking .. they have a job & probably worked there way threw collage to finally land there dream job in the tec field .. normal Jane's & Joes like most of us .. think how great they must feel when they here all this feed back .. :sick: they are on the cutting edge of technology trying to produce things that have never been done in the field ..
So witch one do you hate the most ? maybe the pregnant gal ? ya she is prob responsible for one of the bugs for sure .. Go get her !!:p
anyway thx all :) its been rean & its been fun but it hasn't been real fun .. ..

SELF BANNED for 48 hrs .. :poop::notworthy:

. they have a job & probably worked there way threw collage to finally land there dream job in the tec field .. normal Jane's & Joes like most of us .. think how great they must feel when they here all this feed back .. :sick: they are on the cutting edge of technology trying to produce things that have never been done in the field ..
So witch one do you hate the most ? maybe the pregnant gal ? ya she is prob responsible for one of the bugs for sure .. Go get her !!:p
anyway thx all :) its been rean & its been fun but it hasn't been real fun .. ..

SELF BANNED for 48 hrs .. :poop::notworthy:

They should have worked harder. Stop the long lunch hours and put some passion into the game.;):whistling::)

Raceroom is far too easy for my taste today and boring as watching TV, the Formula Extreme is far more easy in AMS than the Formula Renault in PC2. AC is the worst in tyre-physics, but just won a podium on a full SRS-race. pCars 2 is just by far the best sim ever to date and only some cars in rF2 are close to it. But the McLaren GT3 is certainly more difficult than in rF2. Ridiculous how stable it is in rF2.

Your comments do not help and adds to the continuous problem. This is your personal preference and others have theirs. Saying another is worse is a clear indication of what goes on all the time...mine is better than your...yours is $hit!!!....10 pro drivers can prefer iracing another 10 RF2 and 10 more Pcars 2.... what does that mean?

You can't play the pity card on this. If you plan on delivering a so-so game at best then don't advertise it as the ultimate simulation in the planet and keep the same attitude even months after all the flaws have come out.

I'll say it again. In whose mind is it acceptable to deliver a racing title with mediocre AI? And considering this is a sequel and had lots of time to learn from their mistakes. If Ian Bell had played his game at least once pre-release he'd know how awful the AI was, or he did and just didn't care.

I mean AI is the single most important thing in a single player experience. It's like selling a brand new car with flat tires. Plain stupid isn't it?

Last edited:
I don't know why the likes of race department don't settle this idiotism once and for all & hire some impartial drivers to review all the sims. get a rep from each game help them get all the setup & ffb setting right & tell us once & for all what is the best driving.

Well we have heard from Ian Bell that pro drivers are contracted to brands, like Jan is contracted to AMG and he can't slag of a pixelated AMG car because someone paid for its license.
So it is not possible and anyway i don't need a pro driver to tell me what is good or not.
Many pro drivers are only pro because Daddy paid for it all anyway.
I just simply own every sim going. then enjoy them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes