has anyone EVER had bolt mounting holes on Logitech G29 break ?

Hi,

I was wondering has anyone who has a Logitech Wheel G25/G27/G29/G920 *ever* had their mounting holes break, inside the wheel, while mounted to a chassis or Wheelstand, etc ? I ask as i was in the middle of the Dirt 4 Daily in the Evo in Austraila and it just snapped as i was turning in a corner and the wheel moved. Upon inspection i found the mounting bolt holes have broken away from the inside of the wheel. Thank god it didn`t happen outside of Warranty. As it`s happened 1 year 5 Months 2 days since it was brought brand new. I just have to hope Logitech will accept it for RMA.
G29-mounting-breakage.jpg

Wanting to know how common it is ?

im having to jump through hoops by Logitech to get it RMA`d, It`s silly. When i was asked to remove wheel from wheelstand pro deluxe v2 by Logitech customer services rep , it disintegrated, around the mounting thread holes. Wheel is toast !!
20170710_231429.jpg
20170710_231239.jpg
20170710_231257.jpg

For the life of me , i cant think of Why logitech would attach the mounting bolt holes to plastic ?

Upvote 0
Wow, sorry about that!

Never happened to me and I've never seen or heard of it happening to anyone else. I can only think of two reasons it could have happened: either the case had been dropped to create an incipient crack or the bolts were overtightened. The location of your initial damage looks more like a dropped case.

Upvote 0
@Emery Wheel has NEVER been dropped ever. Bolts have NEVER been over tightened. Why for the life of me would they screw and mount a metal thread bolt hole onto a plastic casing with 2 x thin and short m2 screws ??

@Paul Glover Its now been passed up the food chain to the people who have ultimate say on warranty claims, the people in the insurance/QC department. I rekon they will try and pass the blame onto me. To try and get out of replacing it , as it`s a non repairable job, according to my electronics friend.

They either repair or replace or if they do none of it. Be it on their heads and their reputation for the ensuing **** storm that will come !!!

Upvote 0
Sorry for jumping down your throat @Emery, Anyways its all academic now.
Got a reply from Logitech this morning , informing me they are sending out a new Logitech G29 to me in the next day or so.

At last i can get back to driving games :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Forum trophies