H-Shifting in a Formula Seating Position?

Okay so strange question. I'm new to sim racing and obviously have never driven a formula car before :). But I am drawn to formula racing more than any other type. I would like to build my rig (P1-X) with a reclined/formulat style position (exploring sim-lab formula seat among others), but I would also like to buy an H-shifter and drive some road cars at some point.

With a floor mounted pedal set (Sprints or similar), will H-shifting feel out of place and awkward in a formula position? Or better off in a 15-20 degree reclining position more versatile for formula/GT/road car ... I know it's subjective, but curious if anyone has thoughts/input. thanks in advance!

You can get used to anything, but an adjustable seating position is more desireable.

Most people have GT seating positions and fake the formula seating.

Upvote 0
Okay so strange question. I'm new to sim racing and obviously have never driven a formula car before :). But I am drawn to formula racing more than any other type. I would like to build my rig (P1-X) with a reclined/formulat style position (exploring sim-lab formula seat among others), but I would also like to buy an H-shifter and drive some road cars at some point.

With a floor mounted pedal set (Sprints or similar), will H-shifting feel out of place and awkward in a formula position? Or better off in a 15-20 degree reclining position more versatile for formula/GT/road car ... I know it's subjective, but curious if anyone has thoughts/input. thanks in advance!
I have the F-GT, and it does both GT and Formula. I have never raced it in the Formula position, but IMO it is solid, comfortable, and fairly inexpensive.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes