Gunther Steiner leaving HASS

It is sad to hear Gunther potty mouth is leaving HASS. At the end of the day the team is useless and not getting investment. Even Williams got Gulf and is on the way up the grid. The Bottom line when the team hits hard times Gunther has to deal with the Media. Just Like Otomar Sanfusser at Aston Martin. Drive to Survive will not be same without Gunther.

Attachments

• Günther_Steiner_at_the_2022_Austrian_Grand_Prix.jpg
    Günther_Steiner_at_the_2022_Austrian_Grand_Prix.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 28
Gunther was/is a favorite of mine, but, he lacked the engineering background that most team principals have, I can imagine board meetings where he would spend most of the time ducking as the majority of design and engineering talk went over his head.
I hope that Ayao Komatsu can steer the team in the right direction as both Kevin and Nico deserve a break, and Gene deserves a little success himself.
And I hope even more that Gunther will return to the pitlane with another team... though in what capacity I don't know.

This piece provided some thoughtful analysis yesterday:

Good piece, though the bit at the end about the suggested Andretti take over is worrying, for as far as I can see this would play into the hands of the F1 'business' and against the F1 'sport'
If the F1 management and the teams win the fight and keep the racing for just 10 teams then the 'sport' part is truly dead, and the exclusive boys club will remain in charge with an even tighter grip.
If the fans don't like it... get some new fans.

Good piece, though the bit at the end about the suggested Andretti take over is worrying, for as far as I can see this would play into the hands of the F1 'business' and against the F1 'sport'
If the F1 management and the teams win the fight and keep the racing for just 10 teams then the 'sport' part is truly dead, and the exclusive boys club will remain in charge with an even tighter grip.
If the fans don't like it... get some new fans.
Agree. Liberty Media's and the existing teams' collective greed goes against the competitive spirit.

Gunther was/is a favorite of mine, but, he lacked the engineering background that most team principals have, I can imagine board meetings where he would spend most of the time ducking as the majority of design and engineering talk went over his head.
I hope that Ayao Komatsu can steer the team in the right direction as both Kevin and Nico deserve a break, and Gene deserves a little success himself.
And I hope even more that Gunther will return to the pitlane with another team... though in what capacity I don't know.
Flavio Briatori ran Benetton with no Enginering expirence. He was in Benneton clothing and marketing. He just had people bellow him who new what they where doing. Management is about finding stuff to do and geting the most skilled person to do it. And making shore it gets done without stalling other departments.

Flavio Briatori ran Benetton with no Enginering expirence. He was in Benneton clothing and marketing. He just had people bellow him who new what they where doing. Management is about finding stuff to do and geting the most skilled person to do it. And making shore it gets done without stalling other departments.
The end of the eighties was all a very long time ago, things have changed far too much for that argument to hold any water, he is a character but that isn't enough, though he did study Engineering he dropped out unfinished, and, I believe that Gene Haas began to doubt his commitment to foreseeable future in the team.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back