GUIDE TO CREATING SERVER FOR OFFLINE

Tried to make this by the numbers with screenshots and with a running room so proof of concept

With this method you will be able to use content you want down to individual skins and layouts and never leave the session to swap cars :confused: :speechless: :alien::cool:

Okay to setup server for only yourself you should have to do nothing different
Make sure turn off all malwarebytes \ VPN software etc etc of course

1. OPEN MOD MANAGER , IF YOU DON'T HAVE SHORTCUT MAKE ONE YOU CAN SEE LOCATION IN SCREEN

2. OPEN MAS2, CHECK LOCATION IN SCREEN MAKE ICON

3. IN MOD MANAGER CLICK ON TAB " Create the package file "

4. CLICK ON " Create new package "

5. YOU SKIP THIS STEP I JUST SHOW YOU HOW I WILL REDO A EXISTING MOD OF MINE
SO FIRST I UNINSTALL IT BY RIGHT CLICKING WITH MOUSE ...YOU CAN SEE IT SAYS INSTALLED "NO"
SO I COPY AND PASTE THE MOD NAME INTO THE NEW MOD WINDOW

5B. SO YOU WILL JUST PUT THE NAME OF YOUR MOD IN WINDOW AND CLICK NEXT

6. OPEN THE OSD KEYBOARD AND PLACE AT BOTTOM OF PAGE THEN CLICK THE "CTRL" BUTTON
THIS WAY YOU DON'T HAVE TO HOLD CTRL ON YOUR KEYBOARD TO MULTI SELECT CONTENT
SO YOU SEE I CAN READ CONTENT OF MOD IN MOD MANAGER THEN CLICK ON SAME TRACKS ONE
AT A TIME.

MAKING FIRST TIME MOD JUST CLICK ON TRACKS YOU WANT

7. NEXT CLICK ON VEHICLES YOU WANT
MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE HIGHEST VERSION NUMBER WHEN CONTENT HAS 2 ENTRIES

8. CLICK " DONE "

*** BEFORE YOU CONTINUE CLICK THE "CTRL" BUTTON ON OSD KEYBOARD OFF OR CLOSE KEYBOARD

9. CLICK ON THE "INFO BOX" I JUST PUT INITIALS AND NAME OF MOD LEAVE THE REST BLANK

AS NAME SUGGESTS I SELECTED 21 CARS ( 25 POSSIBLE) MEANING I WILL SET ROOM FOR 20 AI

10. NOW YOU CAN SELECT ONLY THE TRACK LAYOUTS YOU WANT

*** BOTH LEFT SIDE COLUMNS FOR LOCATIONS AND VEHICLES SHOULD ALL BE UNCHECKED LIKE MY SCREENS.....THAT WAY THE MOD IS ONLY 5KB

Last edited:
11. NOW WITH THIS SPECIAL MOD WE ONLY WANT TO SELECT A SINGLE SKIN FOR EACH CAR
IF YOU HAVE 21 CAR MODELS SELECT 20 AI THAT WAY ONLY ONE OF EACH MODEL WILL LOAD WITH NO DOUBLES
SO MAKE DOUBLE SURE ONLY 1 SKIN FOR EACH CAR IS SELECTED

12. CLICK PACKAGE, CLICK INSTALL, CLICK DONE

MOD FINISHED :) NOW TO SETUP THE ROOM AND JOIN

13. BOOT TO RF2 LAUNCHER AND CLICK ON BOTTOM TAB " HOST "

14. SELECT THE MOD YOU MADE FROM LIST .... WELL A LIST ONCE YOU MAKE MODS FOR ALL SORTS OF COMBOS :coffee:

15. CLICK ON THE MULTI PLAYER TAB THEN FIND YOU ROOM IN LIST AND CLICK JOIN

16. NEXT SCREEN YOU SHOULD SEE IS CAR SELECTION CHOOSE YOUR WEAPON THEN CLICK RACE

17. SHOULD BOOT TO ROOM ..YOU SEE MY ASTON

*** NOTICE THEIR ARE ALREADY LAP TIMES FOR THE AI
THIS IS BECAUSE I LEFT THE ROOM A FEW TIMES BUT LEFT IT RUNNING

NOW FOR THE MAGIC !
CLICK ON CAR SELECT :x3:

18. SELECT YOUR NEW CAR AND CLICK RACE

19. POOF ! YOU BACK IN GARAGE :x3:
*** NOTE IT SAYS I LEFT AND JOINED ROOM AGAIN BUT YOU DON'T REALLY
SO CHANGING CARS IS INSTANT

20. THAT IS ABOUT IT
OKAY SO WHEN YOU SWAP CARS THE AI FOR THAT CAR WILL DISAPPEAR ..BUT ... THE LAPTIMES ARE RETAINED AND EACH TIME YOU DRIVE THE SAME CAR AGAIN YOUR LAPS WILL BE THERE

HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND ME

THIS WAY SWAPPING 20 CARS WILL TAKE 20 SECONDS AND YOU KEEP ALL LAPTIMES

NORMAL OFFLINE IT WILL TAKE 20 TRACK RELOADS .... :sleep: AND YOU LOSE ALL LAPTIMES lol

Last edited:
I found a bug with the Ferrari_488_GTE_2020

Many times when i was updating this mod I got errors when packing said " pick skin for Ferrari "
When I unpicked and repicked skin Mod manager would fail and I had to start all over again from create mod, many times I let this happen without getting any closer to answer
Tonight when doing new mod to add new Ferrari the same thing happened with GTE again
But this time I unpicked #51 ( my fav skin ) and repicked a different car # and it packed

There are 2 skins that are #51 ....if you pick either #51 when you look both #51 boxes are picked
and it gives that message you have not picked a car ( odd ) then next package attempt fails

So if you make this mod pick another car number/ skin

P.S.
Also with McLaren_720S_GT3_2018 v1.65
Only pick a car number that only has one skin so scroll the list of skins and make sure
You can see some car numbers are repeated because there is race and shadow versions
and for some reason they used the same number on both but not all

Why they repeated numbers I got no idea

----------------------------------------

Tip for packing your fav skins ...I used to write numbers of all skins I wanted down and make heaps of mistakes trying to select the ones I wanted as the only reference in mas2 is the car #

Make another mod like this but select all skins 1 track does not matter about session settings either
Put rF2 into window mode and use a smaller resolution then your monitor so you can place rF2 next to Mas2 and Mod manager ..for 4K everyday monitor I put rF2 in 2560x1440
Start rF2 and the mod with all skins
Select each car and find the skin you want, check there is not 2 skins same #
Then select the same car number in Mas2 and so on till you do all cars ;)

Also avoid selecting any car number that is repeated in another car ..there are a few

If you go to trouble of making this mod for testing and car swapping then worth not duplicating car numbers in session info ;)

Last edited:
After reading through Durge Driven's docs above, I thought it might be a good place to let people know there is a tool in Windows 10 for doing this type of documentation with multiple screenshots in a relatively painless way. If you run Steps Recorder (built in to W10), it will make copies of the screen every time you click your mouse on a new window. When you're all done, click Save and then go back into that file in Word and make all the edits you want. I stumbled upon this recently; it may have existed for years. But I have always been doing individual screenshots with the Snipping Tool and cutting and pasting them individually into my document. Steps Recorder is a huge timesaver.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.