Guess the Car

98Xbqkt.png

Our penultimate 'Guess the Car' feature is here, if you know your historic motorsport then you must surely know what this beast is from?

We need you to get on your thinking caps and tell us what car, series and year the above picture has been cropped from. Think you are up to the challenge? If so, guess away!

This is the second to last of our little picture guessing game. The final one will be hard... very very hard indeed..!

Have fun!

If you missed the earlier ones, you can check them out on the below links:
Happy guessing folks!

I think it's an old eastern european single seater... or something else from the 70's at a classic meeting... it's a single seater, but with a full front wing... the tire next to it looks modern, as does the sponsor logo on the right, hence a classics race... the laurel is something that, today, is only seen in the US (I think)...
While the tire looks modern, it has grooves, so I wouldn't say this is a profesisonal event, where you'd only see slicks.
Front wing and roll hoop make me think 70's.

Sir Jackie Stewart's 1973 Tyrrell 006 F1 Racing Car

Edit: Lorenzo gives me the clue, and the vegetal crown on top of crash bar helps searching...

Will i be famous? ;)

Last edited:
View attachment 215000
Our penultimate 'Guess the Car' feature is here, if you know your historic motorsport then you must surely know what this beast is from?

We need you to get on your thinking caps and tell us what car, series and year the above picture has been cropped from. Think you are up to the challenge? If so, guess away!

This is the second to last of our little picture guessing game. The final one will be hard... very very hard indeed..!

Have fun!

Happy guessing folks!
View attachment 215000

Have fun!

Happy guessing folks!
Stewarts Tyrell.

Yeah It's definitely the Hesketh. If you look at the sides of the garage the covers have the same name and logo on them. From the pictures posted above and the main picture of the article.

Great fun these little features, hope to see more in the future :)

I wouldn't of got this one.

The sides made me think of the late 70's, early 80's sort of ground effect era but from the rear, the front wing looks tall like was common in the earlier part of the 70's.

The DFV was in everything by then so that wasn't much of a clue for me.

Looks a very 'Tyrrell' shade of Blue so my gues wouldve been, like others, a Tyrrell but a bit later than Stewart's. Maybe '77 ish.

Edit: '77 would of been wide of the mark unless they where hiding two extra wheels somewhere :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Forum trophies