Resource icon

Misc GTR2 XD 2.16 + Map Plugin 2018-10-20

Login or Register an account to download this content
I used both XD + Map Plugin with the NO-CD version and they work perfectly together.
The only problem that you might encounter often happens if you're using a 3d mod needing also the d3d9.dll like the ENB Series.

I still have 2 installs on such a model and they are still working with those 3 tools thanks to the .ini files ( 3 dll of the same kind with 3 different names )
But those 2 installs are working with the NoCD version and maybe a usual genuine version without NoCD might be the only one not working.

Thanks!

Hmmm, weird: every instruction for XD says it's for the Steam version only, and some other telemetry tools seem to only work with Steam games—so I assumed that only the Steam version emitted the info.

Gonna try different versions then—really would like to have XD. However, I guess Wine may pose some difficulty in my case, since it also overrides DirectX's dlls. I'll report if I get any success, for future likeminded souls.

Last edited:
Turns out that in Wine I just needed to add an override for d3d9.dll via winecfg, so that Wine uses the actual dll and not its own internal shim. After that both the map and XD work.

There's still some weirdness, as the number of laps shown by XD is obviously wrong by about nine digits—dunno yet if it's perhaps a version mismatch between the plugin and the game, or it's specific to Wine.

Here, in the bottom left corner the XD panel shows ‘Laps: 1 of 1205007’, no outside temperatures, and the fuel shows weird figures when it's not ‘N/A’. I also haven't yet looked into what those zeroes are beside the tire pressures in the car chart.

This looks very much like XD is just not receiving data in the format it expects—notably the wrong laps number stays the same between race sessions (with the same race parameters). The game I have is something like 1.0—so I'll need to try running different versions of the game and possibly the plugin.

Attachments

• 111.jpg
    111.jpg
    289.8 KB · Views: 209
IIRC those zeroes near the tyre pressures should be the tyre wear in numbers if that setting is enabled in the ini file:

; Show tyre wear also in numbers
; 0 = Disabled
; 1 = Enabled (default)
ShowTyreWearInNumbers=1

For the laps I'll have to check.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements