Resource icon

Misc GTR2 MultiEdit Tool 2022-08-22

Login or Register an account to download this content
jgf submitted a new resource:

GTR2 MultiEdit Tool - edit multiple .hdc or .car files at once

Again, not my work. Just making it available again.

"It basically works this way: You mark base GTR2 folder, it scans for all CAR and HDC files, you then select several CAR or HDC files and in Change Key Value window you set which value you want to change and in which way and press Execute button and the application will modify that value in all selected files. It can also be used for finding out how particular value differs in several CAR or HDC files."

Read more about this resource...

Thank you, this is a very helpful tool. It displays all the info I regularly need, like driver name, tire file name, vehicle class, and HDV file name. Gen file name, engine, and gear file names. I'm sure I missed a couple. And It is happily retrieving the data from GSCE and AMS too. This will save me hours of opening files to check things.

Would you like me to send you v2.4? This is v2.2.

Change log since v2.2:
2017-07-30
- version 2.4: The "CAR Files" list contains new "Description" column with "Description" value from *.CAR files.

2013-09-28
- version 2.3: DelZip190.dll was added to installation zip file. It's needed when CAR and HDC files are being backed up.

I don't know if there's a newer version than 2.4 but I can at least provide you with 2.4.

Would you like me to send you v2.4? This is v2.2.

Change log since v2.2:
2017-07-30
- version 2.4: The "CAR Files" list contains new "Description" column with "Description" value from *.CAR files.

2013-09-28
- version 2.3: DelZip190.dll was added to installation zip file. It's needed when CAR and HDC files are being backed up.

I don't know if there's a newer version than 2.4 but I can at least provide you with 2.4.
Yes please.

Would appreciate that (if it's small enough attach it to email).

Tried both Firefox and Brave, clicking the free download in either did nothing, might as well be clicking blank screen (right click gets option to save image); clicking other download immediately goes to page wanting $1.99 for download. Computer "logic".

Tried both Firefox and Brave, clicking the free download in either did nothing, might as well be clicking blank screen (right click gets option to save image); clicking other download immediately goes to page wanting $1.99 for download. Computer "logic".
That's odd. I just tried it with Brave, Firefox, and Opera, and even have adblockers running in them including uBlock Origin and AdBlock running simultanously in one of then and the site/download works every time. You should be seeing the following:

dlpic.jpg

After clicking the Download Download with High Speed box, it should automatically download. I'm guessing you already know that, but just making sure.

Last edited:
This doesn't work for me. I tried v2.4 and v2.2. Whenever I click on "Set Root Folder" I get an error:
yrtyrtyrt.PNG

I also tried running the program with admin rights but that didn't help. I also tried Win 8 and Win 7 compatability modes but they didn't help either. I'm using Win 10.

Last edited:
This doesn't work for me. I tried v2.4 and v2.2. Whenever I click on "Set Root Folder" I get an error:

I also tried running the program with admin rights but that didn't help. I also tried Win 8 and Win 7 compatability modes but they didn't help either. I'm using Win 10.
Did you install in a "Program Files" folder? Never a good idea with older software. Also check that your account has full permission on the install folder.

I've run this is XP and Win7 with no problems, but W10 and W11 are much more picky about security.

Did you install in a "Program Files" folder? Never a good idea with older software. Also check that your account has full permission on the install folder.

I've run this is XP and Win7 with no problems, but W10 and W11 are much more picky about security.
I didn't place the file in programs folder. I tried it from multiple other locations like the Win desktop, a separate games drive, and a separate backup drive. Must be a Win 10 thing.

Last edited:
Beyond that I've no idea (don't have W10), but do know the program will run in W10 since others are using it with that OS.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.