GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-3

Misc GTR2 16th Anniversary PATCH Part-3 16.0.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi, first of all...realy great work. I installed 16.0.0 last week and enjoyed playing GTR2. Today i wanted to start GTR2 again, but every time i press play on Steam, it loads for a few seconds but nothing happends. How wcan i solve this?

Hi, first of all...realy great work. I installed 16.0.0 last week and enjoyed playing GTR2. Today i wanted to start GTR2 again, but every time i press play on Steam, it loads for a few seconds but nothing happends. How wcan i solve this?
Read INSTALL.TXT within archive : it is clearly written to NOT use Steam folder especially because of this bug. Follow install process as I wrote it : you must copy the steam gtr2 folder somewhere else at the root of one of your ssd/hdd like C:\GAMES\GTR2HQ by example.

By the way main 16.0.0 mod received HOTFIX 16.0.4 today here :

hiya! do you have any clue why the files dont work on my pc? is it because its on windows 11? ive been trying to install this for 3 days now to no avail (i installed 7zip too)

obraz_2023-01-29_092814810.png

Last edited:
hiya! do you have any clue why the files dont work on my pc? is it because its on windows 11? ive been trying to install this for 3 days now to no avail (i installed 7zip too)

View attachment 635016
I see on your picture that the first file .001 is recognized by your pc because we see winrar icon : double click on this .001 file only to open full archive then on top bar menu of winrar click EXTRACT where your gtr2 folder is. DO NOT CLICK ON 002/003 (you can see there is no winrar icon on these 2 files because you CAN NOT OPEN them : these 2 files are called only by 001 file when you extract the archive). If you are not sure about archive integrity then right click on .001 file then left click on winrar popup menu then left click TEST ARCHIVE. If your pc still cannot extract archive then update winrar to last version or install free 7zip archiver (v20.07 minimum).

Last edited:
I see on your picture that the first file .001 is recognized by your pc because we see winrar icon : double click on this .001 file only to open full archive then on top bar menu of winrar click EXTRACT where your gtr2 folder is. DO NOT CLICK ON 002/003 (you can see there is no winrar icon on these 2 files because you CAN NOT OPEN them : these 2 files are called only by 001 file when you extract the archive). If you are not sure about archive integrity then right click on .001 file then left click on winrar popup menu then left click TEST ARCHIVE. If your pc still cannot extract archive then update winrar to last version or install free 7zip archiver (v20.07 minimum).
Thank you for the answer! Last time i tried to do that at part 36 of the config it stopped copying files saying they were missing so i got confused and thought that maybe im missing something, found out i had to put this in my game folder (the readme confused me, because english isnt my first launguage). The mod is great!

Good evening. Thanks a lot for the patch. Playing has become much more enjoyable. I really liked how it rained. I wish the windshield wipers worked a little smoother. Can anyone tell me how to turn off the automatic exit from the boxes????

Good evening. Thanks a lot for the patch. Playing has become much more enjoyable. I really liked how it rained. I wish the windshield wipers worked a little smoother. Can anyone tell me how to turn off the automatic exit from the boxes????
If you use the hotfix 16.0.16 plus one of the provided PLAYER PLR then autopit is disabled, you may also need to change your profile player from Novice to Semi-Pro to deactivate all these helps.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.