News GTR Is Set For A Revival

GTR2 with the original team. Myself, Stephen Viljoen, Andy Garton, Stephen Baysted, Henrik Roos, Johan Roos, Vik Klomiets everyone of note who made GTR2 what it was.

Everyone bar the guy that coded 24/7 for 2 years (rfactor) which is what made GTR2 what it was, bugs and all.

Warbles on about "rF2 physical + ultra eye candy". How profound in '22 when anyone who cared has been saying the same thing for 10 years but got derided and ridiculed as fanboys by their peers. :coffee:

You could show him a goose lays golden eggs you won't get ISI guru to sing Dixie. So what then ? A third rehash of 2.5 ? What a laugh that would be.

Any chance of ever having gmotor3.0 we ruined with sheer arrogance and petulance.

Last edited:

Anybody else looked closely enough at the video to know it's being done in Unreal Engine and that was the pit entrance for Interlagos?

After our collective ACC experience, this of course brings up the question of what sacrifices are being made to use Unreal Engine? With ACC, the sacrifices were fps and AA and possibly increased latency.

And will Ian have a worthy AI instead of the 2nd worst AI after AC?

Followed the link.
Went to the site.
Read mission statement and info etc.
Thought it might be worth following.
Subscribed to mailing list
Got this message !!

"Something went wrong with your request "

???

I have great Fps and visuals in ACC and 25AI on a 1080 and the graphics quality of cars and tracks is 10/10.
Maybe at 1080p resolution, but certainly not at 4k (or the triple 4k that I run). It was well known how much ACC sucked when it came to fps (and still does suck unless you have a 3080 or better). Or do I need to dredge up those threads?

Unreal Engine has not proven to be friendly to fps.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea