GTR 2

sooooo...

I've downloaded the templates on gtr4u and edit them with Paint Shop Pro (but you can do it with Photoshop or whatever you have).
During editing I use a program called Carviewer. It shows the car (without transparency), so you don't have to start the game everytime to look if the painting fits. You have to download direct x files for every car you want to edit. Downloads are availble at gtr4u. If there is not x file for the car you want to edit, look in the GTR1 section. Carviewer is very easy, just load the x file, and save your painted template as GENERICXXXX.BMP (or whatever it's called) in the x file folder.

When you want to get the skin into the game, you first have to save you templates in .dds format. You can load a Plug-in or simply convert the files with DDS converter (don't know the link, but I'm sure you can google ;) ). Note that you have to convert the .psd/.psp files, not the .bmp, otherwise you have no transparency. (I'm not quite sure about transparencies, alpha transparency and other things. I don't change anything with transparency, and it works.) There are 2 car template files at most cars, one 100 % size, one 50 % size. Simply resize your template file.

Now you have two possibilities: a) to overwrite an existing car or b) to create a new one ( -> Standalone car).
But first you have to download the Geditor to edit the .GTR files where the graphics are in. (availble at gtr4u, where else?).

a) Then you open an existing .GTR file, delete the car skins and load yours. Note: the name of your file has to be the same as the old one. Save the file and there you go.

b) Copy a team folder from the car you want to edit and rename all the files. (e.g. 04001 (BMS Ferrari) to 04558 (RPM Ferrari Number 558 or whatever you want)). Edit the .car file with Editor so that it fits. Then you start Geditor and open the .GTR files. Export all files, rename them to the new file name (04558xxxxxx.dds) and import them. For the template files you don't want to have you don't have to import them. Just take your template .dds files, give them the right names. After it save the GTR files and the car should appear in game.

If there are questions or unclear things (or maybe I forgot something and it all just doesn't work), just ask me ;)

BTW the RPM lambos will be ready next week, today and tomorrow I have to practice for the RACE tournament and on sunday I'm practicing with my band.

First of all I have to say: THANKS for all the nice comments. =D>

I've tested the RPM Lambo today, looks good, small things to fix. I'd like to show you a pic, but at the moment I can't upload at imageshack. Scyps and Stiggys cars will be ready tomorrow, if anyone else wants one just tell me. And if you don't like orange, I'd paint them in your favourite colour.

Hello, im new, i was testing in yuor server was FUN!
i Usaully drive the Ferrari 575. because the goodgrip and also the speed.
i heard that u guys also paint cars or reqeust?

kind regards,

DaveyZ

DaveyZ said:

kind regards,

DaveyZ

Heey, welcome Davey,

We are happy you like the server.
Yes, there is a guy in this community that paints cars on request. His name is Robert. His skins a very pretty.

DaveyZ said:

kind regards,

DaveyZ

Hey/hoi daveyZ,

Good to see you here on the forums. Hope you like it and drop a little post here and there :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.