Resource icon

Misc GTR 2 user manual eng 2022-04-17

Login or Register an account to download this content
Belatedly just read the guide and it's great yet simple in its nature considering the sim' is so full of features and also ahead of its time in that sense. Do any other sims have marshalls waving flags!? Maybe - but do they have all the features of motorsport racing in one sim!? GTR2 seems to be undersold in its own guide, but there again maybe that's just me - maybe simpler is better. Anyway, new(ish) to GTR2 and this guide has taken me down its memory lane a little. Thanks again for uploading the guide!

One only feature WAS missing in GTR2 (but not in Race07): wipers

But it IS NOT missing any longer thanks to @GTR233 automatic ones and @The Iron Wolf afterwards with Crew Chief allowing them to have a possible assignment. :thumbsup:

NB keeping some hopes to maybe see next 2024 AC with all features. ( even Safety car ? )

Last edited:

But it IS NOT missing any longer thanks to @GTR233 automatic ones and @The Iron Wolf afterwards with Crew Chief allowing them to have a possible assignment. :thumbsup:

NB keeping some hopes to maybe see next 2024 AC with all features. ( even Safety car ? )
Before starting my effort, I was weighing if I should enhance AC or GTR2. However, to add all the stuff AC misses is much more work than to fix all GTR2 problems, especially considering visuals and online are a lower priority for me. Just a bit of modding history :)

If AC gets feature parity with GTR2, I will be very happy.

Mark my words: GTR2 wipers will become much, much better one day. Current ones are at 18FPS slow mode, 22FPS fast mode with just 20 frames of animation available. Imagine how nice it will look when we get 60 frames. Won't look like AC, sure, but much better than today. And, I just made it so that wipers don't take RAM, so we can have as many frames as we want (of course, on new GPUs).

Last edited:

Well, the safety car blew my mind - up until recently I had only raced AC and then AMS series in much shorter outbursts, so when it came out due to an AI v AI incident and had to follow it, it was like a "oh yeaaa" moment.

One other thing I haven't noticed in other sims is the guy talking (giving run down commentary - bit muffled) to the crowds in the main stand at the start of the race. Awesome.

Aside from the lighting of effects of AC (which is superior) I'm finding GTR2 not that far off graphically with regards to enviroments. For example the trees in GTR2 (HQ look better than in AC (CSP) as does the grass for me - considering most tracks sometimes have both in abundance then that's a win for me in immersion stakes. AC 2024 no doubt will look good but I'm not paying £1000 for a GC for my VR or Triples. And besides, I very much doubt AC 2024 will have modding capabilities other than skins so GTR2 it is for me as I like to race in cars and on tracks from all over the world.

Late 40's and am morphing into a hardcore fanboy :D

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes