GTR 2 Cockpit View Help!

Hello guys,
I want to ask you something. How can I change seat view? I want to change my seat to the passenger's one. Is there a mod for it?
Thanks in advice.

I don't think I ever saw one ..... but I suggest you to try this step by modifying 1 line in the .car file of the car you will choose.
In cockpit view the first driver position needs to be modified on 1 value ... but don't forget that the driving wheel will not follow.

- Open the .car file of the chosen car
- look for that line: FirstPersonDriverPosition=(-0.222, -0.37, -0.57) ( hypothetic values here )
- the 1st value after the (.... is the X position .... you'll need to modify it in order to have your driver at another place left or right in the cockpit and save file

NB: I don't remember if it is more negative or more positive. .... so test first until you find the right value for the wished place in cockpit

I don't think I ever saw one ..... but I suggest you to try this step by modifying 1 line in the .car file of the car you will choose.
In cockpit view the first driver position needs to be modified on 1 value ... but don't forget that the driving wheel will not follow.

- Open the .car file of the chosen car
- look for that line: FirstPersonDriverPosition=(-0.222, -0.37, -0.57) ( hypothetic values here )
- the 1st value after the (.... is the X position .... you'll need to modify it in order to have your driver at another place left or right in the cockpit and save file

NB: I don't remember if it is more negative or more positive. .... so test first until you find the right value for the wished place in cockpit
Thank you! I'll try changing values later.

Each car and each livery has a .car file

All cars are located in Gamedata/Teams/folder of the car or car group/
In the chosen car/skin folder .... you have a .car file among other files ( mostly texture files )

In some mods ... .car files can be gathered in the car folder or in a subfolder for its team.

In order to know which is the car that you wish to modify, you have to remember this
A .car file is mostly named with 5 numbers at the beginning: the 2 first ones are the year and the 3 other ones are the car number ( sometimes even 2 letters are added in order to create a more precise car in case of different liveries for different tracks in the same season ).

I'll add an example of an original car within a few minutes. ;)

EDIT:
If you search for a Mosler 2003 N°104 ....
The location of the file is: Gamedata/Teams/24H (where it mostly appeared in 2003)/Mosler Teams/Perspective Racing.
The car file is: 03104_G2_Mosler_MT900R.CAR
The file opens with notepad, can be modified and saved ( without changing file name of course ).

NB If you don't find how to do ... choose a car and I might do that for you.
But always better to do it by yourself in order to learn how to do for the next times you wish to modify something.

Last edited:
EDIT: Duh me - should've read the question first. Not the answer to the question but might help peeps wondering about the eyepoint. Other than that IGNORE BELOW.

This might sound confusing - but I'll give it a shot.

Go in each skin of each car and open the CAR file with notepad and there you can change the eyepoint. Within the brackets of eyepoint there are 3 sets of numbers. The left one is for left and right placement of the cockpit; the centre ones are for up and down of the cockpit; the right ones are for bringing in and out of the cockpit.

When adjusting either set of numbers putting a minus ( or having no minus) before those numbers denotes either left or right, up and down or in and out. Higher or lower the number will increase or decrease each result - so if you want a drastic change use a big number count but tbh big change usually means its way off - so small bit by bit changes is best. Can't remember off hand which is which when it comes the direction when using the minus and not using the minus but yeah, that's basically it. Oh, and you have to do it for each and every skin and then just copy and paste the eyepoints to the other skins of the SAME car. You could use the global setting in the player file but that won't be a right fit for all cars. It's a pain in the butt. :D

Last edited:
I have an idea in this meaning in case of replay ... but I need to check it: there's a button in replays toggling different views .... is there in those views one which might be compared with a passenger seat view ? ... that's what I need to check.

The explained system was meant to be used also as .... on track driver.
Maybe is this system not needed in replays (if already existing of course ).

EDIT: I surely saw this possibility in another sim ... as GTR2 has not this native possible view.
Strange but I think I remember having seen a mod like this somewhere in the past ( possible passenger view )... maybe for Race07 and not GTR2, but I cannot find a trace of it.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea