AMS2 GTO Class @ Santa Cruz Do Sul, Tuesday 13th June 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Well, for some reason, my internet connection died seconds before the race.

Regarding the cars, what a pair of beasts. They didn't allow even the slightest mistake. The Ultima basically scared me. It has certainly been intense.

Thank you Redvaliant for organizing it, as always.

Sorry to hear that Alejandro, but yeah great cars.

Results: https://simresults.net/230613-nZ8
Screenshot 2023-06-13 at 21-48-21 Result 230613-nZ8 - SantaCruzDoSul - RaceDepartment.com #3 T...jpg

Happy with the race. In the first race I touched Bjorn lightly in round 2, but it didn't affect him but I did a 360. Pushed hard to come back and was slowly reeling them in.

Race 2 was a strong race with a long battle with Max. He was quicker on the straight, but I was able to outbreak him. Especially happy with the consistency % (99.24.highest of all in that race) in the result. It showed that I didn't make any mistakes. For some reason all of you guys were quicker, not sure where you all found that time, especially Scott. I think I need some training from you. :). Cars are great and right in my alley. I prefer this newer cars more than the old skool cars.

Thanks for setting up.

I was also glad that my 2nd hand replacement Reverb g2 worked fine. The other Reverb G2 broke downs 2 weeks ago... I did notice a difference in size. This one is much loser. I didn't know there were different sizes????

Last edited:
I drove both cars last night and have to say I enjoyed both even as they are very different in feel and how they make laptime. On this track, the Ultima was faster, but way harder to drive until you got in the zone with it - lots of lifting off the throttle in fast corners to balance its brutal power, using the engine to brake rather than too much braking etc. The Ginetta was almost as wild on throttle if you turned the TC down or off, I think with it up on default - 8 - it was too much intervention. Same with the ABS. But yeah, these two will definitely be worth a return visit.

There are two versions of the HP G2: the updated V2 has a detachable face plate and an upgraded power cable.

Race 2 was a strong race with a long battle with Max. He was quicker on the straight, but I was able to outbreak him. Especially happy with the consistency % (99.24.highest of all in that race) in the result. It showed that I didn't make any mistakes.
You were going great in that race. I had a perfect seat to view you and Malc battling away! :D

Cars are great and right in my alley. I prefer this newer cars more than the old skool cars.
This event has piqued my interest massively in the class. I think it's great because you can pick something modern or something lairy :) I had to cancel this Thursday as something came up, but I'm seriously considering running this class for a while if there is interest as whilst I really like the DTM, they are a bit of a handful. We could have a gentleman's agreement that if you are too fast in the Ultima and you are running away from the field, you should jump into the Ginetta

You were going great in that race. I had a perfect seat to view you and Malc battling away! :D

This event has piqued my interest massively in the class. I think it's great because you can pick something modern or something lairy :) I had to cancel this Thursday as something came up, but I'm seriously considering running this class for a while if there is interest as whilst I really like the DTM, they are a bit of a handful. We could have a gentleman's agreement that if you are too fast in the Ultima and you are running away from the field, you should jump into the Ginetta
Sounds like a plan to me. Although I like the driveability of the g55. How does this GT3 compare to the others? Otherwise make it bigger with all GT3?

Ì think this Ginetta is more powerful than the GT3s, that's why it's in the GTO class with the Ultima. When we ran this combo last year @ Snetterton, the Ginetta was quicker than the Ultima. It was Arthur and another guy I think who were real fast in it, but for the next time we used this class, I restricted it to just the Ultima. Maybe there's been some BOP adjustment, or probably, this track and this car combo favoured the Ultima - at least for me.

I guess it might depend on the track, but I felt like there was easily more time to be had with the GT-R. I didn't try any other GT3, but I did run with the AI and there was a mix of GTO and GT3 throughout the positions after about 10 mins

Yes I meant the mix.
I decided to give your idea a go :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes