GTL Pitstop Hints / Tips

Warren Dawes

Premium
After todays GTL event, some people had some problems with the pitstop process in GTL. Please note that it is different to GTR2.
Here are a selection of tips I have been given by the GTL experts at Simjunkies which have helped to eliminiate some of the bugs that occur with the default setting of having Autopitstops enabled.
I strongly recommend that you turn this off and manually control all aspects of the pitstop.
To do this you need to modify your .plr file.

Try these parameters in your PLR file.

[ DRIVING AIDS ]
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off (unsupported, use at your own risk)
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car (except autopit)
Pitcrew Push="1" // When out of fuel in pitlane, allows pitcrew to push car (use throttle and gear selection to direct)
Pit Spot Marker="1" // Show marker to indicate corner pit spot location

[ Game Options ]
Display Pit Board="1"

Here is a good explanation of the GTL Pitstop procedures:

Stop and Go:
If you get a message that you have one, drive to the pitlane, make sure you have slowed down enough and hit your pit limiter.
Park the car at the spot the man is pointing to. (engine keeps running)
NOTE!: The exact spot where you need to stop, or rather, the exact longitudinal line you need to be on can be tricky. Overshooting is not wise either but sometimes you get away with it if it's not by to much. The 'man' that points his finger is a perculiar dude and he drinks to much so make sure you interpretate his sense of direction....
It's best to practice a pit stop/S&G before the race so you get the feel of where the pit guy want you to stop exactly (and where the lights, lines etc are where you need to have the limiter on. VERY different per track).
If you miss the spot to stop, back and forth etc. until it works.
When you get it right, the board comes up.
In a case of S&G you don't get the option of selecting or deselecting tire change, fuel etc. and then just press ENTER. (I think it's not a setting in plr file and it works like this by default, just have a look at the board in a S&G)
When the penalty is served, you get a message in chat window.
When you drive away , THE PIT LIMITER IS OFF! So you have to hit that button again to not get another penalty for speeding in the pitlane. (It's different than GTR2, where the limiter is stays on when you drive away and turns itself off while leaving the pitlane)
TURN LIMITER OFF manually when you cross the designated line/lights.

Pit stop.
So you don't need a pit request.
Same drill to stop in the right spot.
You don't have to turn your engine off to get fuel.
The board comes up and tells you how much fuel you have left.
Unless I missed it for the last 2 years....there is no pit stop strategy where you can plan the amount of fuel etc.at a pitstop.
Just adjust manually with arrow keys left and right.
In a frantic race it's all to easy to miss info in the pit stop.
The arrow is not always on the same line when the board comes up and it has taken me time to find it, haha.
Make sure that the board tells you exactly what you want. Fuel, tires, body repair, suspension.
The numbers below all those settings are the tire wear.
Takes a little time to learn what they indicate and how well you can still drive with those worn tires.
When settings are done, hit ENTER.
End of pistop is indicated in chat.
Again, PUT PIT LIMITER BACK ON and drive. TURN PIT LIMITER OFF when you cross the desoignated line/lights.

I hope this is helpful.

I've searched for .PLR files on my hard drive and I found my GTL .PLR file in
C:\\Users\Norman\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files\GTL\Userdata\Norman Bruce.
I've altered it so that I don't have auto pits on and it works fine.
I'll just have to remember were to find it, thanks for your help:D

Mine is in

C:\GTL\UserData\Senad Subasic\Senad Subasic.PLR

Same for me.
However, strangely, since installing in Win 7, I couldn't find my Replays. Eventually found them under Libraries/Documents/GTR. I also noticed that it had a Folder named userdata with my name in there, but that one didn't contain my .plr file.
Maybe worth checking to see if yours is there.

Where is the location for your main GTL installation? I always avoid installing these games under Program Files, too many problems.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back