AC GTE @ Road America - Monday 29 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What interesting race, for me anyway.:thumbsup:

Got the setup completely wrong, set it for a 60 minute race with the sole intention of looking after one set of mediums.:(

But I sacrificed a load of pace for that end, it was not my intention, where the pace went, no idea.:thumbsdown:

I have the advantage of not needing to worry about the fast drivers.

The problem is setting the car up with no BOP. When in qualifying, had no pace at all.
Struggled to get it into the 08’s.:(

Not only did I start at the back, but stayed there.
There I would have stayed if it was not for the accidents.

@Miguel Batista you had me stone cold, but your impatience got the better of you again.
My car, was struggling for pace and your C7 was so much quicker with you driving.
But you did not wait for the best risk free opportunity.

It took the pressure of me anyway, so it was a good outcome for me.:) You were so much quicker than me,
If you had chosen your over take without risk, you would have been long gone.

Sometimes you can just drive straight pass, sometimes you have to wait for a number of laps and work out we’re your opponent is weakest. And my car certainly had many problem there.:(
Funnily the car started to work quite well after
@Daniel Nieto came out of the pits, ( this is a mid fielder conversation) he soon shot by though with about 5 laps to go.
Pulled away quite quickly, then nothing, and I found I could hold the gap to a few seconds.
I noticed his car was not working very well, this confused me, as he had, had a long pit stop.
My car with its, now , passed it mediums was giving me my best pace of the race.
I had assumed he was on a fresh set of tyres.
Eventually he struggled to keep the car on the circuit and I got 5th place by being for most of the race, the slowest, but I had looked after my tyres. In fact if the race had been 60 minutes I think I could have caught @Medilloni and he was a lot lot quicker than me in qualifying; In all fairness tyres and an accident did not help his cause though.

@Daniel Nieto what happened!!

Sorry about the rambling.:confused::sleep:

And of course , many thanks to @Craig Dunkley for organising the event.:thumbsup:

Sometimes you can just drive straight pass, sometimes you have to wait for a number of laps and work out we’re your opponent is weakest. And my car certainly had many problem there.:(

This is very true ..I have even had drivers behind me that were two seconds a lap faster, but they wait, they try to force a mistake initially, if that does not work, within a lap they have worked out where they are going to make the move.

In fact if the race had been 60 minutes I think I could have caught @Medilloni and he was a lot lot quicker than me in qualifying; In all fairness tyres and an accident did not help his cause though.
Haha, yes I saw you catching me Ernie! Was trying to keep concentration up to keep the gap (it's usually gone after 30mins:laugh:) - I c0cked up at the start, thought it was 50mins without having to make a stop so added a pint near the end and was shocked how worn tyres behave when dead cold :roflmao:

I saw Daniel started on softs, then he stopped for super-softs so I guessed his tyres wouldn't last either stint.

What interesting race, for me anyway.:thumbsup:

Got the setup completely wrong, set it for a 60 minute race with the sole intention of looking after one set of mediums.:(

But I sacrificed a load of pace for that end, it was not my intention, where the pace went, no idea.:thumbsdown:

I have the advantage of not needing to worry about the fast drivers.

The problem is setting the car up with no BOP. When in qualifying, had no pace at all.
Struggled to get it into the 08’s.:(

Not only did I start at the back, but stayed there.
There I would have stayed if it was not for the accidents.

@Miguel Batista you had me stone cold, but your impatience got the better of you again.
My car, was struggling for pace and your C7 was so much quicker with you driving.
But you did not wait for the best risk free opportunity.

It took the pressure of me anyway, so it was a good outcome for me.:) You were so much quicker than me,
If you had chosen your over take without risk, you would have been long gone.

@Daniel Nieto came out of the pits, ( this is a mid fielder conversation) he soon shot by though with about 5 laps to go.
Pulled away quite quickly, then nothing, and I found I could hold the gap to a few seconds.
I noticed his car was not working very well, this confused me, as he had, had a long pit stop.
My car with its, now , passed it mediums was giving me my best pace of the race.
I had assumed he was on a fresh set of tyres.
Eventually he struggled to keep the car on the circuit and I got 5th place by being for most of the race, the slowest, but I had looked after my tyres. In fact if the race had been 60 minutes I think I could have caught @Medilloni and he was a lot lot quicker than me in qualifying; In all fairness tyres and an accident did not help his cause though.

@Daniel Nieto what happened!!

Sorry about the rambling.:confused::sleep:

And of course , many thanks to @Craig Dunkley for organising the event.:thumbsup:
Hi @Kek700! Don't know why, but I wrongly strong choosed the supersofts tyres in the pit stop. I noticed it like three or four laps after the pit stop and when I looked at it were totally on red, so i tried hard to conservate them when I saw my gap was loosing but it was impossible man... So yes @Medilloni, you were totally right, it didn't last no four laps. Was so frustrating had that race ending.. but anyway I enjoyed a lot while I could been giving fight on the track.

Lesson learned for the next races as after that race I found how to set up properly the pit stops in the menu before the race, so I hope to see you soon to get more action there.

Last edited:
If you use content manager? it is easy ..go to single and Ballast and Restrictor is right there in front of you.

If you do not use "content manager" then when in game ..right hand side of screen (apps) one of them is to add Ballast :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.