GT5 GT5 Time Trials Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTPromo.jpg

The question of who the fastest drivers are in the GT5 community is soon to be answered! There's no opposition and no excuses here. It's just you and your machine versus the track.

The time trials will be open to all RaceDepartment members, both licensed and unlicensed. The only requirement to take part is that you own a copy of GT5 and abide by the specific restrictions imposed by the TT. Events will run on a variety of tracks but will make use of GT5's borrow feature to ensure that everyone uses the exact same car with the exact same upgrades. The cars will be supplied by yours truly.

The prize given to the winner will vary but may include items such as cars, helmets, suits and paints, or the choice of car/track for a Club racing event. And of course, you'll win the respect of your fellow drivers. :)

Above you can see a little hint of the car and track that will be used for the first TT event. Stay tuned!

This is ridiculous. My time isn't hard to beat. Just do a lap and post it. No one cares if you are 1st, 2nd or even 29th. The important thing is that you put in effort. And you can always win the bonus prize if you put in some effort and put in 1 lap.

This is ridiculous. My time isn't hard to beat. Just do a lap and post it. No one cares if you are 1st, 2nd or even 29th. The important thing is that you put in effort. And you can always win the bonus prize if you put in some effort and put in 1 lap.

I'm going to hit the track tomorrow, at least there will two times up there,

Edit: I got bored so i decided to hit the track so far 1:48.714

That set of corners is where I always tend to slip up. Getting through them is ok, but getting through quickly without putting all four wheels off of the track is tough.

The car does look mint though, doesn't it? ;)

Can't do any better. I get worse and worse the more I try. The times I do is nothing compared to the times I would do in a race, I can't consistantly get even near my time for a few laps, let alone a whole race length. As I use a d-pad, it is so much harder to control the acceleration, especially out of the chicanes. I've been used to D-Pad my whole life and even when I drive with Analog, I soon go back to D-Pad.

A race is something completely different then a hot lap. People aren't as fast when they are under the pressure of someone behind them. A race seldom ends the same as the race is started.. So driving a fast lab is no guarantee for winning the race. And a good battle in the middle is more fun then driving a lonely race in the front ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • More leagues

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.8%