GT5 GT5 Driving Guide

Hey Guys,

I've just bought a wheel to start playing on the PS3, and am interested in learning how to drive properly in GT5 (I know nothing about proper racing driving).

Is there anywhere I can get/read a guide/books to help me on my way with learning how to drive correctly?

I'd also like to learn about how changing things on the car's setup, so if there are any guides/books on this, I'd appreciate those too :)

Regards,
xreyuk

Welcome to RD. :)

As racing simulations are supposed to be realistic the same techniques that are used in real driving also apply to simulated driving. There are loads of guides all over the internet which explain the ins and outs of things. For starters you could try this website. It explains various techniques in a simple manner rather than going into all the technical mumbo-jumbo. Easy to understand, good for beginners.

As for car setups, try clicking the yellow question marks (?) in GT5's own setup screens. They give a general description of what a setting does and what affects you can expect from changing it. You could also try reading The Engineer's Handbook here on RD. It was written for a different game but the information still applies for the most part. Other than that, search Google for the setting you are unsure about and you're sure to get a bunch of info... or ask for help in the GT5 Setusp forum.

If your serious about the proper race driving technique thing than you need to read Speed Secrets by Ross Bentley. It's the race drivers bible. Yes you would need to buy a copy, but they are available easily over amazon and they're cheap. If you don't want to spend the $14 (Canadian) than there is the other option. Drive... ALOT. Find out for yourself what works for your driving style, don't be afraid to think outside of the box. There are plenty of things to read online for free but remember there is no better way to learn than to just go out and do (seat time). Good luck, drive hard, and more than anything have fun.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.