GT5 GT5 Car Sharing

Hey guys, after the EU Super GT Race issue with people not having cars I was wondering about the Car sharing feature in GT5. A little research tells me that when you share a car with your friends, that car is no longer available for the owner to race in A-Spec or B-Spec events, but people on their friends list can use it for online play...

Anyone else test this feature yet, and verify it works?

If it does work, this could prove to be very useful for some of these club events...

I had no idea about this feature. I know you can set cars to 'online' like you can with your B-Spec drivers, but I didn't know people can actually use them. Sounds like a brilliant feature to me, if it works as you believe it to. I'm happy to test it with someone at some point.

just to bring this one to a close..it's available through the 'profile' screen in GT Mode. Need to click on your friend's profile, and the drivers/cars will show up in the bottom.

I'm wondering if multiple people can borrow the same car at the same time, which would make club events/time trials much easier to coordinate, ie: 'use X car that I've got up to be borrowed on X track'

I've only got one, I'm afraid. :tongue:

I've set it to online now though. If you want to use it for that championship, all you have to do is add me as a friend and hit the 'borrow' button. :)

I can't send it to you, mate. There is a limit of 1 million credits on the gift system, and the FGT is worth far more than that. Borrowing it is exactly the same though... you can use it in any offline event, and have full access to the setup screen to tweak it if you need to.

To borrow, you need to add me as a friend. In the game, go to my profile and you will see the FGT just below my B-Spec drivers. Click on it, and then click the 'Borrow' button.

If you want one of your own, check the Online Collector's Dealership, which is just below the Seasonal Events button. Right at the bottom of the list, you'll find an FGT available for 4.9million credits.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.