AC GT4 @ Spa - Wednesday 24 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What setup changes do you need to make on the G55 to let it handle curbs without heavy oversteer? I was basically running stock with 2 wing and it was fast enough but getting on a curb was always a hair situation. Limited how much track I could use esp in a tight battle.

i’d like to know the answer to that question, i have never been able to get any AC car to use
any kerb , other than something that resembles a “flat thing”. :)

Lowering Diff Power is something I found helps a bit, also balancing the Fast rebound with the dampers. Using Motec might be useful for that. That said, I just gave up on low rear wings and just set it to 4 because I didn't have the time to spend trying to fix the oversteer of 2.

Thanks guys for this fun event! My apologies for my sloppy driving in qualy and race 1. Couldn't even set a proper lap in qualy. I couldn't simply keep all fours wheels on the track. Please forgive me for cutting the track. Wasn't trying to gain advantage, just me being sloppy.
I recieved too many track cutting warnings (luckily, no penalty), so late in race one I took it easy and let the car/track come to me instead of forcing the issue.

Finally found a rhythm and carried that over to race 2 where I finished P10!

Jeeeeeeze sim Sim racing forever learning but I ain't complaining bout that!;)

Congrats to the podium and thanks Craig for hosting!

Nice Race 2 @Ronnie Böhme and @Björn Johansson! I was watching the gap between us reducing lap after lap and just couldn't hold on. I thought we had one last lap so got a bit excited coming out of La Source before I realised the chequered flag had dropped :D

Congrats to the winners, podium and all who finished!
After a big, big moment at Blanchimont in lap one of race two, I had lots of fun fighting my way back to P4 in the end. Thanks @Fatalist88 for an awesome side by side battle from Stavelot, through Blanchimont (!!!) into the Chicane :cool:. In the final laps I gained on @suspectmonkey and @Björn Johansson and could build some serious pressure. It was so much fun racing you guys most of all because it was so controlled. Thanks a lot!
I've also noticed (again) how massive the Maserati looks compared to the Ginetta :O_o:
Congrats to podium and cheers to everyone who had a blast :thumbsup:

• Deleted member 387850

One thing I would like to get off my chest is driving standards during qualifying. This is the second club race in a row where I've had a faster car behind me flashing their lights and trying to force past whilst I'm on my hotlap.

A driver on their hotlap does not have to move out of the way, they are perfectly entitled to set the fastest lap they can. If you are a faster driver then it is up to you to find space on the track to complete your lap.

Obviously if you can assist a pass without impeding both drivers then all well and good, but if I'm up on my PB surely I shouldn't have to lift or alter my line just because the driver behind me is capable of setting a faster lap? Am I wrong in this?

After a big, big moment at Blanchimont in lap one of race two, I had lots of fun fighting my way back to P4 in the end. Thanks @Fatalist88 for an awesome side by side battle from Stavelot, through Blanchimont (!!!) into the Chicane :cool:. In the final laps I gained on @suspectmonkey and @Björn Johansson and could build some serious pressure. It was so much fun racing you guys most of all because it was so controlled. Thanks a lot!
I've also noticed (again) how massive the Maserati looks compared to the Ginetta :O_o:
Congrats to podium and cheers to everyone who had a blast :thumbsup:

It was indeed exciting - nice clean racing!

One thing I would like to get off my chest is driving standards during qualifying. This is the second club race in a row where I've had a faster car behind me flashing their lights and trying to force past whilst I'm on my hotlap.

A driver on their hotlap does not have to move out of the way, they are perfectly entitled to set the fastest lap they can. If you are a faster driver then it is up to you to find space on the track to complete your lap.

Obviously if you can assist a pass without impeding both drivers then all well and good, but if I'm up on my PB surely I shouldn't have to lift or alter my line just because the driver behind me is capable of setting a faster lap? Am I wrong in this?
It's up to the guy behind to start his lap at a sensible distance to the person in front. Often it's worth looking at the practice times to work out who is fast or slow so if you are near them on the outlap, you can judge what gap you want to them. If you're a quick guy and you see someone who was a lot slower in quali, try and leave a big gap or find a way to use their slipstream and get past without losing either of you time on a straight early in the lap.

I am a guy who will flash my lights at drivers in quali, especially if I know they're on an outlap. We've all been in the situation where we have had laps ruined by faster guys overtaking, and all have had to pass someone who's ruined our lap. I sometimes do it just to say "I'm also on a fast lap, be aware I might try and pass you", but it's not a "get out of the way gesture". If you're also on a hotlap, it means I know that because I would have seen you start the lap too.

If you're on an outlap and someone is flashing their lights, it's worth getting out of the way. If you're on a hotlap and the guy behind is flashing, if you think you yourself are going to go faster on this lap, it's tough luck for the guy behind. Slow drivers have just as much right to set a laptime as the fast drivers and it's up to the fast driver to either accept defeat or pass without losing the other guy too much time. Flashing lights is a tool that needs to be used, not abused.

@Enoneado ..there is currently a spare Cayman if you would like it? ...if I have not heard from you by 20:00 UTC I will ask if anybody else wishes to take it :thumbsup:
i was practicing and didn't see the message, i thought you put a new LHD car on the list, because i observed that was 9 LHD and after my message changed to 10 and only 2 RHD occuped by drivers... i thought it was for me.

It's a tough one to tackle because when we're behind a wheel, we're all a bit selfish with our time on track. Just backing out to give more space for a hot lap is ideal but that still doesn't stop you from having a lap ruined by someone going off and coming back onto track, slowing down so they can get a clean lap, etc.

Excessive flashing isn't going to help anyone, you're right. It'll just create a tense scenario.

@RasmusP I've seen some server side enhancements that let you know if someone behind you is on a hot lap to and to not impede them.

I don't think it's one of those things the admin staff will get a formal complaint amount but perhaps a quality of life upgrade that doesn't take up too much overhead to implement and improves the experience for everyone.

It’s, all part of the racing, being hit, people stopping
( fairly) you over taking, not being able to create a
good qualify time , picking a setup that does not work
whilst in traffic. Making silly mistakes.

I have seen the fastest being stuck at the back of the
field and struggling to make progress.
And seen some work their way through the whole field
and probably have one of their best races.

This is racing, or do we all just do hot laps , send our
results in and , woop doop , pick the winners, we can then all get back to our families and not bother with the race.

Although I have a moan , generally to myself, I actually
like racing against “everyone”, racing warts and all.
If it was a clinical process, then I might as well just race AI.

Just a point of view.:)

Does anybody have the first race saved. I'm trying to find out who it was that ran in to the back of me at the end of the first race. Going by the violent reaction of my wheel, and that my wheel was no longer centered (something that has never happened in the short time that I've owned it), I'm guessing the person in question must've been going flat out for maximum effect.

I've only owned my (second hand) R300 wheel for just over four months (a replacement for my damaged G27) and I can't afford or justify the cost of another wheel. I really feel this person's risky behaviour needs addressing (Homer to Bart guidance :whistling:).

Does anybody have the first race saved. I'm trying to find out who it was that ran in to the back of me at the end of the first race. Going by the violent reaction of my wheel, and that my wheel was no longer centered (something that has never happened in the short time that I've owned it), I'm guessing the person in question must've been going flat out for maximum effect.

I've only owned my (second hand) R300 wheel for just over four months (a replacement for my damaged G27) and I can't afford or justify the cost of another wheel. I really feel this person's risky behaviour needs addressing (Homer to Bart guidance :whistling:).
For me it only saved race 2. I'd like to see the Race 1 replay too if anyone did manage to save it

Was it this incident?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/136rQXpF7lHfe1cwlaxSMP0qiAEeGukTm/view?usp=sharing

Thanks Craig, yes it is. Is there a way to identify the driver?

There are ways and means to find out, but hopefully the driver will come forward...I would also prefer this now to go private, I have sent you a message.

Guys this is a silly thing to do, thankfully 99% of you already know this ..but had the driver that was hit had been in VR it could have easily made him very sick, hence why I always count down from three when going into qualifying. Had he had a direct drive wheel this could have easily broken his wrist or wrist's

@pattikins had neither, but you can see it has still caused him a problem apparently he was in VR and was using a strong FFB wheel :(

Donuts are fine, put please do ram into someone at such a speed.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea