AC GT4 @ Brands Hatch - Wednesday 17 April 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Driving the Lotus: check.
Next.

Thanks for setting up the race guys, and thank you drivers for some pretty eventful couple of races :confused::laugh:
(Are you Portuguese by any chance?)
It was a shame I never got to race you as you spun out in front of me...
But to be fair, that lotus is not competitive in the gt4 field imho.

Had a nice race. Didn't come last (!!). A stupid mistake on the second race sent me from 6th to 18th... not that i had the pace to keep 6th (fastest lap 1:33 something) but I had hoped to catch a ride with some of the faster guys to see their lines and speeds. ^^ oh well, baby steps.
Had literally zero practice this week. Next week I will be here. Pretty fun these GT4s.

@Craig Dunkley do check the lotus as i don't think it has the gt4 pace. Tyres are too low on grip imho and the lightness can't compensate for that. Maybe the 3-11 or the exige v6 would be more suited?

'Ey up @Craig Dunkley , thanks for tonight's event, especially 'cos of the problems getting me on the server.. above and beyond the call of duty, thank you so much!:thumbsup: Apologies too for all of you waiting to get on with quali.

Had to start from the back for the first race, and with all my setups saved for the LHD didn't have time to swap them over so used stock - but found a cunning plan for the better LHD version... moved the drivers view all the way to the (empty dashboard) left. Felt weird but worked OK-ish:ninja:

I did have a nudge with someone in the first race and didn't wait for you, I'm sorry for that, but there were 3 of us right behind you when you completely left the track and you didn't wait/slow down to rejoin.

Congrats to all the podium guys as always, it's great to watch replays and pick up tips from you.

Good luck to @Spilskinanka Matt with your exams, will miss you and @Chris Down - hope to see you both soon:)

Ey up @Craig Dunkley , thanks for tonight's event, especially 'cos of the problems getting me on the server.. above and beyond the call of duty, thank you so much!:thumbsup: Apologies too for all of you waiting to get on with quali.

Yeah sorry about that, you missed all of practice and ended up with a right hooker ..doomed before you even started :(

Great racing ..I have added a 5% restrictor to the G55, done around 50 laps at Spa, so hopefully it is about right :thumbsup:

Congrads to the podiums :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes I agree it is a little under powered, but it is classed as a GT4 ..neither car that you have mentioned is classed as a GT4, they do not race in GT4. Nobody has to choose the Lotus :)
But as suggestion to bring the MC up to the Ginetta's speed(at least somewhat close to it), maybe enable ABS for the Maserati. From what i recall, it's 0.6-0.9s faster with it.

Good first race, got a very nice P6, all was going well,:thumbsup: too well in fact, first corner , second race.
Taking it easy, no mistakes, all of a sudden struck by an Exocet missile. I don’t know who it was,
probably knew as much about it all as me. Obviously, i assumed someone hit him and he hit me.
Bugger, every thing was going so well. thought, that was not a good start, if only i knew how bad
it was going to get. The car just for some reason did not want to work property, even so, undaunted,
still managed to single handed decimate the rear half of the field. i would apologize to those concerned,
but as i hit so many people i lost track of all my victims.

So i really really apologize to everyone.:redface:

i think that the problem with the L2 lotus is that it is on road legal tyres, the others are on slicks.
You just get swamped by the other cars in the bends, with it’s small size too , it easily gets bullied.
i found it had quite reasonable pace at Laguna Seca when left alone on the circuit, but as soon as
it was in traffic it became difficult to not get into trouble with it.
Could make the quick guys use it as a handicap car, whist we all drive the other GT4 cars.:roflmao::roflmao:

They probably still beat s all.:(:(

Just watched the replay , obviously, from my perspective.
What a “hoot”, did not feel like it at time ;)
@Spilskinanka Matt, hope your exams go better
than this race did for you. :)
It must have been a full moon last night:confused:
One ,if not the best replay I have watched,
My respect goes to @Dennis Phelan , I saw Dennis
On at least 5 or 6 occasions. ( it’s only a 20 min race ).

From your perspective, it must have looked like a mad house unfolding in front of you.:confused:

Thanks to @Craig Dunkley fir organising a great race.

@Medilloni I still think the LHD is disadvantaged around this circuit, or is it me being so used to RHD cars
:geek:

Bobby used to give the Maserati ABS and TC ..I am unsure about this though, because it is not real, you are giving the car something that is not there is real life.

But then you could argue that the restrictor I gave the G55 is not real ...??

Another fun session with you guy´s Brands Hatch has
never been my favorite track :( Can´t handle it:mad:
Lost the car two times over run it. Maybe it was me John
not sure off it:unsure:
Great pace again from all those :alien: in front.
Thank you to admins for all the fun.:inlove:
See you at SPA :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes