AC GT4 @ Bikernieki and Okayama Wed. March 13th 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
One question I did mean to ask - what do you guys have the rotation/degrees of rotation of your wheel set at? 900 or something else? There were lots of hairpin turns at Vallelunga and it seems like I have to turn the wheel a lot to stay on the track.

assetto corsa does a fantastic job of setting the degrees of rotation automatically specifically for each car, so on my fanatec wheel I leave it on the auto setting and it works very well.

you will find that for tight corners you need to apply sometimes more than 180* of rotation. This is evident in the GT4 cars as they are true street cars that are modified for racing. (perhaps not the ginetta but thats another conversation)

make sure you can hear the tires. that is a critical que to know when you near, at, or over the limit of available grip on the front tires.

The tires are really important as Scott says...
Just an example of this, I never made though Iracing in part because the sound of tires is so weird.
What are your rig set up guy's?

Hey Scott - FYI, I just got a "Checksum Failed" failed message when trying to run the Ginetta on the practice server. (The other 2 cars are fine.) Note - When I run this car on the same track offline, I have no problem.

And, FWIW, today I'm getting 88-90 FPS online when alone on track with the settings we arrived at yesterday. I'm guessing that it'll drop back down to 45 when someone else is on the server with me. Go figure.....

My setup:
  • Thrustmaster T300RS
  • Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals
  • Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
  • Oculus Rift
Everything is on a Next Level Racing Wheel Stand
Be sure to put damper to 0 in the control panel whit the t300 and dont use LUT in content manager
If ever you consider upgrading your set up, pedal is the first thing to change! Thrustmaster pedal are ****!!!

We did a couple of race Yesterday whit soprt road car on Bikernieki.
Let me tell you, this track isn't for beginner. Not sure for now that the best idea for newbies.

There a lot of guys here whit experience?
If not, let me tell you it be a crash fest!:roflmao:

What a really nice track indeed!:thumbsup:

Did you run the high speed ring? The other layouts are much more challenging.

The high speed ring configuration has everything needed for a successful event, enough room to go 2 wide through turn 1 and 3 good passing places. Compared to VIR, COTA, and nordschlife this track is very easy. There are definitely much more challenging tracks that are used successfully for RD events. Sure some of the less experienced members will have to practice, but they need motivation to practice anyways. :laugh:

I have never seen any RD event that is a crash fest and this wont be the first.

I cannot please every member with every race so I aim to please the masses. I figured we all would be interested to race a new track. The majority of us are experienced so finding new and interesting content is my way of engaging people. Of course I balance new content with actually providing good racing, hence the choice to run High Speed Ring rather than the full track version.

Last edited:
Be sure to put damper to 0 in the control panel whit the t300 and dont use LUT in content manager
If ever you consider upgrading your set up, pedal is the first thing to change! Thrustmaster pedal are ****!!!

Thanks for the recommendation, Jordan. Can you explain why I should set my damper to 0 and don't use LUT in CM? I followed the instructions on a YouTube video to setup my LUT profile. If I don't use LUT, what should I use then?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.