ACC GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Wednesday 13th July

Assetto Corsa Competizione Racing Club event

SwannyUK

ACC Club Staff
Staff
Premium
RD Watkins Glen GT3 Sprint Open Event https://beta.simracing.gp/events/L0QtNALPXNA9tWC9d_NKg

Open to all members of the Race Department SGP community - no premium needed.

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Discord: You don't have to use discord but if you like to chat join on the #Assetto Corsa Competizione voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and synchronize your premium account.

Timetable
Prac: 19:30 UTC / 20:30 BST / 21:30 CEST (25 minutes)
Quali: 19:55 UTC / 20:55 BST / 21:55 CEST (15 minutes)
Race: 20:10 UTC / 21:10 BST / 22:10 CEST (30 minutes)

Any questions just PM me :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Just a heads up guys - This is open to anyone who is a member of our SGP community. Hopefully this will mean better numbers than if it was premium only.

As such our usual club rules won't apply as much to these 3 races. I'd still like us to go by the club rules but you might need to give others the benefit of the doubt who aren't premium.

My hope is that it will give people a chance to try out racing with us and if they like it they will sign up for future ACC Club events.

For us regular ACC club members we'll just treat it as a fun get together to try out the new tracks.

Thanks for the racing last night chaps. I didnt get to race regular RD guys, but the 'guests' proved to be even faster, I need to find half a second a lap which I know is in there and where it is, its just getting it out somewhere. The BMW is really stable and you can really push it, but its so lacking in mid corner, off throttle rotation. Trying to remedy it makes it unstable elsewhere, losing time. This is something to work on.

Other than that, I made one mistake in the race, braking too late into T7 (the Toe) which allowed 3rd to get right up on me. A bit of stern defending down the straight took care of that and from there on it was a case of keeping the gap to 1 sec and not make any further mistakes.

Cya at the next one :)

Had fun being back in the Aston and managed to keep up with the Merc in front of me but going in to the chicane unsighted I flew over one of the kerbs which saw me fighting for control. This let 2 other cars by one of which was @sebastalona who gave me a good battle as always up until he picked a fight with the concrete wall!

Seemed like the majority had a clean race?

Watkins Glen for me is excellent, although the race result on Wednesday said otherwise... For some reason I went on auto pilot and filled the car for a 2 pit stop 45 min race and I realised this on approaching the first corner... Not exactly a motivator to race hard knowing you have to pit lol

I did get rear ended on the first lap at the chicane but by that point I wasn't bothered as I knew my race was over lol.

A decent turnout on the grid :thumbsup: :)

Last edited:
Sorry guys, i will miss todays race at indy. I have a sore right ankle after a painful error of myself when starting a training run of my "sled" dogs. I hope to be back next week, but this week is to early. I tried to race to make it, but its still not painfree. Wish you all a nice race.

Sorry guys, i will miss todays race at indy. I have a sore right ankle after a painful error of myself when starting a training run of my "sled" dogs. I hope to be back next week, but this week is to early. I tried to race to make it, but its still not painfree. Wish you all a nice race.
Get well soon fella.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back