AC GT3 @ Watkins Glen - Sunday 10th May 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
@Stefano La Commare I'm sorry for trying to pass you like Verstappen but ending up passing you like Grosjean. I'm very sorry.

Great Sunday again @Chris Down @Medilloni and co.

The most important thing I learned today...........I beat the other Rodrigues again :thumbsup:. I'm kidding....or am i?

Till next weekend everybody. Stay safe.

No problem @Faceplant it was great fun. Thanks @Chris Down for organizing, see you fellas on the track next Sunday.

Amazing race everyone! After @Peppinho set that blistering time in qualifying, I saw that it was faster than my PB so I knew I had to really step up. Tried a few setup tweaks in the final stages of quali and thankfully for me my guesses on how to improve it were right, so with those changes and a great lap I (just) managed to get on to pole.

First few laps were pretty intense, I knew I was probably laden with much more fuel than @erazerr7 and @Peppinho, so my job was to keep them behind. Thankfully that all worked out, unlike Nurburgring ;)

A few code brown moments towards the end of the race, but amazingly I didn't bin it. Not a flawless race, but definitely one I'm happy with.

Thanks a lot everyone for coming out! I saw so many great battles and position swaps while coming through the field -- looks like most people had some pretty good fun tonight. As always, really loved racing with you all.

I'll release next week's event tomorrow, and would love to see you back! :inlove:

Last edited:
Suprise suprise... A road america setup does not work well on Watkins Glenn... :p

Can someone explain me why my car would drive all right in the beginning of the stint, but once I got to like 15% tyre wear the rear would slide all over the place? It was like someone flicked a switch and all of a sudden and my rear grip was just gone... And it seems weird to me that that happens when there is still 85% of the tyres left (even in green).

Also, does someone have the full replay? For some reason my computer only saved the last half of the race

For those that want to watch me being awful :)

Don't forget to sub :D
What happened Thys? I went on the grass to avoid the first lap chicane mayhem and didn't have enough grip to get back on - re joined in 32nd place. When I came up to you I expected a battle but I cruised past on the straight as if I had DRS. You didn't have any straight line speed.
But later in the race after I had lapped you, you caught me quite easily and if you hadn't been letting leaders through, I thought you would have caught me. A race of two halves? Or a radical strategy?

Overall very good race for me, probably my best. Without dropping back to 32nd on lap one I may have even got near the top ten.
Question for Nissan drivers - Is this car slow off the line or is it me? I must have lost half a dozen places at the start, last week as well.

Thanks for putting it on guys. See you next week.

Well that was a up and down race for me, qualifying I only managed to complete 1 lap and was right near the back, thanks to all the carnage on the first few laps got upto 15th I think then had @Steve O'Malley all over the back of me, nice clean racing I was holding you up so was only a matter of time before you got past, was a few times I thought you would have gone for it was ready to give you the space.
Then it went downhill had one spin and then a few more :( ended up last I think haha
Should have really practiced the track before the event.
Thanks for organising the event as always Chris.

Sorry to those who got hit by me spinning out in the back straight on lap 1. I was so much faster than the two guys in front, who had both gone wide, and as my left was suddenly blocked I moved right and hit Hape, who I thought was side to side with Dean, while actually he was further back. All my fault, no excuses.

It's a shame because it's two times in a row (even though at Road America it wasn't really my fault) that I am super careful in T1 but end up spinning and hitting others right after. Maybe I should sit out the next one as apparently I don't know how to race, I guess I'll see what gets picked tomorrow.

On the flipside, I finally got some on track action given I had to fight back from P33... Props to whoever I fought for P16 at the end, man you made me sweat so much to get it and once I got it my tyres were toasted, it legit could have been all for nothing.

oh boy. what a race. :confused: :laugh: :roflmao:
Somehow I got mixed between @GEO147 and @Medilloni trying to keep up the pace, but in the end I couldn't. But I did learn something: it's better to defend on the outside when you are catched up in the Heel (turn 8), because you just get the better trace for all the other corners.
Sorry @Medilloni for hitting you. I thought you saw I was still there, but you took the turn too abruptly. I went outside of the white line cause in turn 10, the fast left-hander better finish, the aero just didn't hold on the outside so I had to go wider. @GeekyDeaks sorry for making you avoid an accident. Also, you should have not let me pass on the straight.
@SOLO59 you've let me pass on the straight, why?
@Norkin what a great battle we had in the end. That GT-R has some rockets attached o it's bottom in 4th, 5th ,6th. I wasn't able to gain on you beeing in the slipstream at 0.3-0.4s back :confused::confused::confused: I justcouldn't pass you. your car was so big that all the line eevery time :)) and the R8 is not small either.

Thanks for the race everyone!

I was doing ok until about lap 10, then started to frequently loose the rear on corner exit. After about the third spin I noticed my left rear was bright red (I'm in VR and I left the display out the way a bit) and then started to feather the power more on exit. This was a little unexpected for me though, because all through practice I was struggling to get it out of the blue, so I am not quite sure what I was doing different. My race pace was about a second quicker than my qualify pace though, so I'm not sure if I was just being a bit more heavy handed with the throttle?

No worries @Raresch that kept me on my toes and the back felt a bit odd which was why I backed off. I didn't realise I had cooked my tires at that point I think.

Maybe I should sit out the next one as apparently I don't know how to race, I guess I'll see what gets picked tomorrow.
no. you shouldn't. it's a whole week where you could practice with some AI. make a 10 min race, start from the middle or the back with some AI around 90. If you pass all of them in the first lap, just put it stronger until you can barely take a few places. That's how you could improve your startup awareness.

Last edited:
Thanks Chris and congrats to the podium. Intense track, I like it very much except of that damn busstop chicane. I loose a lot of time there and got passed twice during the race while braking for the first right (and one of these cars was a Nissan, on the BRAKES :confused: well done @Kek700)

@GEO147 and I already thought you were waiting for me to get revenge for last week ;)

oh boy. what a race. :confused: :laugh: :roflmao:
Somehow I got mixed between @GEO147 and @Medilloni trying to keep up the pace, but in the end I couldn't. But I did learn something: it's better to defend on the outside when you are catched up in the Heel (turn 8), because you just get the better trace for all the other corners.
Sorry @Medilloni for hitting you. I thought you saw I was still there, but you took the turn too abruptly. I went outside of the white line cause in turn 10, the fast left-hander better finish, the aero just didn't hold on the outside so I had to go wider. @GeekyDeaks sorry for making you avoid an accident. Also, you should have not let me pass on the straight.
@SOLO59 you've let me pass on the straight, why?
@Norkin what a great battle we had in the end. That GT-R has some rockets attached o it's bottom in 4th, 5th ,6th. I wasn't able to gain on you beeing in the slipstream at 0.3-0.4s back :confused::confused::confused: I justcouldn't pass you. your car was so big that all the line eevery time :)) and the R8 is not small either.
Thanks for the apology Raresch, I saw you disappearing completely off the track on Helicorsa (and watched the replay, which confirms it), never expected you to rejoin and be on the inside.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 25 23.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 10 9.3%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.6%