AC GT3 @ Spa - Sunday 3rd January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
the replay file itself is 1,02GB and I have the limit on the max with 2GB
Something is not working or displayed properly. Cause most of my Race replay files are around the 1GB mark.
Maybe the limiter is just for show lol.

Last edited:
Something is not working or displayed properly. Cause most of my Race replay files are around the 1GB mark.
Limiter never worked for me either...
Always 1gb... Such a shame, really. Would love to record max quality with infinite length.
I mean we have 400gb of mods...

That will teach me to be hopeful. :(
Was really looking for at least a top 5 placing, certainly had the lap by lap pace.
Second lap, minding my own business, whack, off I went, many apologies to the people who I got in the way of when returning to the track, still reeling from the dizziness of it all. ( pretty sure that was just bad luck ) ( racing incident )
I am sure it was Scott, who must have felt some sympathy for my situation, kindly letting me go, he could rightly have had a moan about my rejoining the circuit.:thumbsup:
That really finished any hopes of a high placing, spent the rest of the time being a pain in the rear, to, @Raresch , @GEO147 and @Luca Badin ,
To me, overtaking, is an art form, i really put a lot of effort into my overtaking, over taking and punting someone off, really is the worst case scenario for me, Back marker were so difficult, ( not all, just some ) not only racing me aggressively, but when I did very carefully get by, with a comfortable gap , proceeded to dive bomb me, for what reason I cannot imagine. Three times I got punted, + one very laggy car, who still insisted racing me , lag or no lag.
I came across some great driver as well, racing with most of you was a pleasure.
I alway look forward, weird I know, of being lapped, take that opportunity to find were I am loosing or not loosing time. I don’t get the racing with the blue flag car at all.

Just something I have always wondered, damage, I noticed the car never had the same pace after the first crash, just my imagination. ? Does a pit stop give you a repair, did not seem the same after the pit stop either.

5F7DD9E1-D340-426F-B556-5778B956BA70.jpeg

think I need a drink to console myself.:(

A79E785E-CD03-4ACC-9FED-225F4B988CB3.jpeg

I edited the replay setup text file to over 4gb yesterday to see if it solved the issue. Didn't get to test it yet...

Limiter never worked for me either...
Always 1gb... Such a shame, really. Would love to record max quality with infinite length.
I mean we have 400gb of mods...

Probably got this wrong,:confused: I hope I understand what you are getting at correctly. My replays are 600mb max, always assumed the quality settings meant FPS, mine is set to medium, maybe high! That gives me a direct file size ratio.

Probably got this wrong,:confused: I hope I understand what you are getting at correctly. My replays are 600mb max, always assumed the quality settings meant FPS, mine is set to medium, maybe high! That gives me a direct file size ratio.
Mine was set to high, wich should give me 2 hours of replay with 24 cars. Have tuned it down to medium now and see if that is doing the trick now.
Is you replay complete? would like to have it ;)

Last edited:
I usually, and have deleted it, running out of SSD space, now only save the more memorable ones. :(
I know someone else will certainly help you.
:thumbsup:

Hehe I just wanted to say that ac is so big if you have a lot of mods etc that some replays won't really matter.
Of course it's nice that assetto has a setting for the file size but I personally wouldn't mind my replay being 10gb big, if that would mean I would have the tyres app working during replays for example.

Really gutted with a last push spin as it felt like I was closing @GeekyDeaks down and we've been close in recent races so was really hoping for a last lap battle.
I think you were quite a bit faster than me when you got into the flow, but I just managed to keep a pretty clean race the whole time. I started to lose concentration in the last 15mins and missed my braking a few times, but I don't think I left the track at all other than a few times I messed up Raidillon. I followed @RasmusP through the carnage after T1, but he disappeared into the distance pretty quickly, then started to have a closer battle with @Taj Johal until some faster guys came through and I lost my rhythm for a bit. Had to do a bit of collision avoidance when @Kek700 slid back onto the track, but otherwise fairly uneventful. I think this is my first GT3 race that I didn't see the blue flag; only taken me about 8 months :D

Thanks for organising @Chris Down :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for the race guys. Once i got taken out on lap 2-3, i decided to just get the car repaired, get my head down settle into practice mode. Managed to make up a few places as people dropped out and quit! I decided to stay to get experience of the full 60mins and enjoyed it, cya at the next one.

I was on comms, just keeping quiet ;)
Good for you! I try to have a similar mind set, mostly because I don't get much chance to play/drive, so I'd just be throwing decent practice time out of my pram. It's surprising how often you can make up places and still get to have a few battles. It tends to mean you get blue flagged pretty quickly, but I still find that useful as you can get an idea where you are losing most of the time...

...which just made me think of something else. I was discussing the fact I had noticed my corner speed was a little down with @Neilski a few weeks ago and he kindly offered to review a replay and give me a few pointers. I thought it would be best to put together a replay of a race we both took part in, but it got me thinking that maybe we could do something after a race with this group. i.e. anyone who wants feedback, posts a vid/replay of a lap from the race/qualy for analysis whilst it's fresh in everyones mind. I figure a vid from the cockpit would be easier to review. Any thoughts?

...which just made me think of something else. I was discussing the fact I had noticed my corner speed was a little down with @Neilski a few weeks ago and he kindly offered to review a replay and give me a few pointers. I thought it would be best to put together a replay of a race we both took part in, but it got me thinking that maybe we could do something after a race with this group. i.e. anyone who wants feedback, posts a vid/replay of a lap from the race/qualy for analysis whilst it's fresh in everyones mind. I figure a vid from the cockpit would be easier to review. Any thoughts?

Absolutely. I'm also more than happy to do review of onboards in threads (not in PM, please), although can't guarantee any timeliness :)

Immediate peer review is the best way to get constructive feedback. We do the same in the competitive precision flying i do, the judges are able to give immediate feedback. Nothing like competition to help people progress!

BTW I noticed most people turning in early for the chicane, even the fast people, but when i do that its slow for me. I keep left very late and then almost square off the entry so I then get the car into a shallower angle through the exit and its always given me a better time, especially on a qually lap as any compromise is on the previous lap as the speed is gained for the next lap. I'm sure someone said I was quick in the chicane during practice. Shame i'm slow everywhere else.

BTW I noticed most people turning in early for the chicane, even the fast people, but when i do that its slow for me. I keep left very late and then almost square off the entry so I then get the car into a shallower angle through the exit and its always given me a better time, especially on a qually lap as any compromise is on the previous lap as the speed is gained for the next lap. I'm sure someone said I was quick in the chicane during practice. Shame i'm slow everywhere else.

The bus stop is probably the hardest part of the entire circuit, and it's easy to lose even 0.3-0.4 seconds there just because it's such a slow section, so all errors have larger time loss. It's also not always obvious or easy to take the "best" line, so it requires some adjustment on the fly :)

Personally, I trailbrake moderately into 1, taking a late apex to put me roughly in the middle of the track for turn 2. Depending on speed I will probably apply just a dab of braking for 2 and take it fairly tight, since with the low speed, there's plenty of exit room anyway.

It may seem like it would be faster to go further to the right of the track to get on the throttle earlier for the straight, but in my experience, you're just going too slowly at that point, so the extra track distance makes this not ideal.

Last edited:
Isn't just called "the chicane" now since the layout was changed? thought the "bus stop" was a double chicane (left/right then right left with a very short straight between).

How often do you run AC events? I see loads of ACC GT3 events went up in the calendar for next weekend, don't want to enter those if you're going to post another one for this weekend?

Isn't just called "the chicane" now since the layout was changed? thought the "bus stop" was a double chicane (left/right then right left with a very short straight between).

How often do you run AC events? I see loads of ACC GT3 events went up in the calendar for next weekend, don't want to enter those if you're going to post another one for this weekend?

As far as I know, it's still colloquially called "bus stop", since it's still close to it. Semantics though :)

As for events, we're here every Sunday, I'm about to post this week's event, so stay tuned :thumbsup:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.