AC GT3 @ Spa Franchorchamps - Sun 09 Dec 2018

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
An eventful but fun race there. Never raced here with the AMG so was quite happy with the result. and thanks to @jayk for spending a few laps racing most of the track side by side :thumbsup::D (including at one point Eau rouge!:confused::confused:) Always much more fun than a quick overtake.

@robt100 You made my race buddy, those where some awesome laps of racing. Side by side into pretty much every corner and we kept it clean!!

Thanks to everyone for a great race. Glad I managed to get my AC and setting half sorted to be racing tonight! My 2nd race back with race department as I don't sim race in the summer, and it just awesome getting some good clean racing! Love it!

Spa it's not my cup of tea and I did not have a chance to work harder on my timing as I should.
In a perfect lap, could not go any lower than middle of the pack. So quali it was what I expected.
For the race I went for S with a conservative setup (low camber almost no toe and tons of downforce) and half tank.

At the start I got lost staring at Chris and I was two places behind already. Next, got in a mid of an accident and hold tight for Craig that instead went for the pit, more cars getting in front, race is definitely getting steeper... Had a hard time for clean passing for a timely come back and the race was already over despite the many doors open on top of the roster.

Later a little kiss from a faster Henry put me off track, had to play with cramps while holding back Anders with no success until they had the best of me sending me into the sand, facing the wall.

Good news I got a ticket to Australia for next week, will try to avoid the beach!

Tough race for me this time. I really apologize for the unconvinience due to my teamspeak. It is a totally ignored problem to me. I can hear you nice when on the pits, also i didn't care during driving. During the race i could devine someone had pronounced my name. Of course i when to the pits where i stayed for about 30"-1 min, asking for help. Without answer, i went back on track but stopped again almost immédiately on a safe zone . I finaly could understand my mic was the problem. I had to hold another headphone, and then i went on the race again. Of course my race was killed, but it is not important. As always i try to finish, respect for the organisation. Once again sorry for the teamspeak problem. I must solve that before entering a new race.

I need to find something in the setup to keep the rears alive for quali. Was purple in S1 but had no tires for sector 2.

Race went okay, gained some positions at the start at found myself leading after a couple of laps. Didn't push too hard to save the tires a little but I was going to use 2 sets of mediums anyway. If I had pushed a bit harder, I might have been able to get those 3 seconds to Dmitry.

Anyway, here's my VR onboard, race starts at 33:00.

I have a lot of respect for your pace . Indeed, i am totally unable to pusch the car like you. Yesterday i have made the entire race on one set of soft (dead at the end). And full tank am start to limit as much as possible the time into the pits. I have to be conservative on the driving, but if i push more, i lose for sure the car. Respect !

All,

This was my first race in a while with RD, but I have been practicing on SRS. In the mean time I upgraded my gear (from Logitech to Fanatec), so I was really pleased with my fastest ever GT3 lap on SPA of 2.21:4xx. Just to see you guys whizzing past 2-3 seconds faster even... I somehow managed to swerve around the pile-up in the chicane during the 1st (2nd) lap and ended up in P10 for a couple of rounds. Totally undeserved, so after a few overtakes and a change to mediums (~2 seconds slower) I ended up where I belong: at the back of the midfield.

Gerbrand

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea