AC GT3 @ Silverstone - Saturday September 19th, 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Also, uhh, green weather? :p
clouds-in-green-sky.jpg
Must have mixed it up with 'Clear' :p

Having some major issues with freezing and soundlooping... among with my hand acting up. If I don't get this sorted, I'm out :(
Any ideas? Have allready removed third party apps, checked game data etc... it freezes every time after first or second stint when I'm back in pits :mad:

Waste of time except for the short battle against @Ricardo, until my ping once again decided to jump. Quit as I couldn't be bothered anymore.

Got bumped in the back by Matyas in turn 4 after I had to take evasive action on @SakL's slightly optimistic pass. Close to impossible to avoid that though. Race was over when I was shot off by @Christoph Wohlkönig in Becketts.

Had a conservative start, probably was a bit too close to @Chark around the outside of Brooklands, but no contact, so fine. Saw the chaos at Copse, and calmly picked my way through up to third. Awesome around the outside pass on @kedy89 through Becketts. Ended up second somehow. Chark was close behind for a few laps, but I defended fairly, and he ended up colliding with some other drivers, leaving the pressure off.
Then it was a case of staying on track and not losing a place.

HOW DID I FINISH SECOND :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Nah, that was a great fun, and a nice race to return to. It was a shame that there were a few crashes, and I spent most of the race alone (and that @Geof destroyed me by 53 seconds, but that's beside the point :laugh:)

Nice race, thanks for setting it up @Ricardo

First thing first, no hard feelings @Si whoever fault it was:)

Imo these kind of situations you have to leave space even if you are few meters ahead. From me it was a little bit silly Place to try owertake, because you got the faster line anyway. I should have wait to back straight:(. But maybe, just maybe you could have take little wider line to that corner just to be sure both fit there. On the other hand I was behind you, so sorry if that was my fault. But could we just decide it was a racing accident;)

Please Simon don't hate me. I still love you mate:laugh:

Had a decent race :)
Got away cleanly and didn't catch anybody the first half lap, then a few incidents put me in fifth, in a nice train behind @Jimlaad43 , @Chark and @Matyas Kone . Had a nice fight going up and down with Matyas whilst he was trying as hard as he could to take Charles. Then in lap 6 I got tapped on the back and spun in front of Charles his car and an unavoidable collision was the result. I had to pit. Came back just in front of @kedy89 and had a short fight. After a slight tap on the bumpers when trying to outbrake him, gave him the position, but then his internet acted up :(
Then it was just a sprint to the line, trying to beat my own records.
Congrats @Geof on the win!
Congrats @Quentis Gillispie on winning the random sweepstake, I hope you get in touch with me soon for your friends' premium ;)
Thanks all for your input as well, the obtained information is usefull for future events ;)

A 2 x 10 lap race format could help with these crash-rich races.. 5 cars out in the first lap could also call for a restart.

Good racing with @Quentis Gillispie with damaged cars though, thanks for that, and thanks to @Ricardo for setting this up :)

@Tomi Racing incident is fine by me! more my fault because I knew you were there, I thought I was clear because the red arrow went behind me as I turned in and thought there was no chance you get that brute of a car around that corner on that line without slowing greatly.

I could never hate you Tomi :) I was just annoyed because it ruined both our races and my time is limited now.

@Ricardo....thanx for the event m8!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea