AC GT3 @ Road Alanta 03 March 2019

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
My apologies ..I will take you off it

Nw. I couldn't agree more with what you say, people who don't value your time and effort needs to start setting alarms if it's a problem remembering what they signed up for. I always try to honor such agreements, and this is why I don't sign up - got a 10 month old that sometimes don't respect her daddys commitments, if you catch my drift. If you could let people book, but also keep a number of slots non-bookable so that one could show up when time comes if real life gives the opportunity. I would at least be able to drive sometimes then.

Nw. I couldn't agree more with what you say, people who don't value your time and effort needs to start setting alarms if it's a problem remembering what they signed up for. I always try to honor such agreements, and this is why I don't sign up - got a 10 month old that sometimes don't respect her daddys commitments, if you catch my drift. If you could let people book, but also keep a number of slots non-bookable so that one could show up when time comes if real life gives the opportunity. I would at least be able to drive sometimes then.

Honestly mate, I know what life can throw at us sometimes ..screaming wife screaming kids, just don't feel like racing ...I honestly do not have a problem with ,,,but guys please sign out, if your reason is personal you do not have to even mention why :thumbsup:

I had a disaster. Modified the wrong profile for the race setup. Just before the off I realised something didn't look right. Tried to muddle round in settings and jumped the start lol. Then when I pulled in for pitstop I had loaded a setup with no fuel.

Can only get better next week. Well done to the podiums and thank you to Craig as always.

Well I am some what disappointed, not only did we get six yes six "no shows" I never managed to do not one lap ..I was hit from behind and sadly for the driver he never waited...and yes I will be pursuing it, for the good of all. The "Golden rule" was even spoke about before the race and 110 seconds later it is broken? why? Is the rule so difficult to follow? or maybe you think it is for other drivers only and not yourself?

Rant over ..sorry

On the bright side the majority of you follow the rules and sign out if something comes up, it is a pleasure to race with you guys. I did watch some of the racing by jumping in one or two cars :thumbsup: ..It looked fun, I wished I had the talent that some of you have :thumbsup:

Hope to see you all next week

Many congrads to the podiums, it was well deserved on this Technical track :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I know on the last corner of either the 1st or second lap, I was on the inside hugging the curb, and another driver on the outside of me. As we were exiting the corner, my car (as every car does through that corner) began drifting to the outside. I was expecting some room on the outside exiting the corner, as I left room on the outside going into the corner. But I ended up hitting said car on their passenger side door and they lost control. I slowed down on the front straight to wait for said driver and I kept my eyes on my mirrors for him, but he appeared to have left the track as I suddenly couldn't see him anymore. After letting the whole field by except the driver in last position, I carried on. My game volume was too loud and couldn't really hear teamspeak that well. I decided to pull off again and wait half way through that lap. That's when the driver in last passed me which wasn't the guy I hit. So I figured the guy I hit must have left.

I apologize for ruining your race if that was you. If not, I apologize to that driver

I apologize for ruining your race if that was you. If not, I apologize to that driver

Yes it was me, but after watching the replay several times from several angles, it is not as bad as I first thought. Because of the incident prior, there was four cars trying to get round the same corner, I thing the incident was sadly inevitable.

Had a bit of a nightmare race, lost concentration for a second and was off. This circuit
is really punishing for just a bit of lazy concentration. ( think it was a double shift, must check to
see if my slip rings need a clean )!
One big apology to @Celtic Pharaoh Tariq , i should have, first of all let you pass, i did check to see if you were in a battle, to me you seemed to be completely alone . So , i was struggling to get passed Hernry S . i new if i let up with so few laps, so i ignored the blue flag ( sorry ). So thanks for letting
me continue to battle with Henry.
Then to cap it all on the last lap i was going to let you pass out of “respect” and was concentrating
so much on my rear view mirror, i forgot about the corner, it was a close shave for you. op’s:redface:
There must have only been millimeters in it:confused:
i do struggle assessing distance with the rearview mirror, it’s all i have.:ninja:

@Craig Dunkley thanks for organizing a great race, ironically after all of the above, had a great race.

Had a bit of a nightmare race, lost concentration for a second and was off. This circuit
is really punishing for just a bit of lazy concentration. ( think it was a double shift, must check to
see if my slip rings need a clean )!
One big apology to @Celtic Pharaoh Tariq , i should have, first of all let you pass, i did check to see if you were in a battle, to me you seemed to be completely alone . So , i was struggling to get passed Hernry S . i new if i let up with so few laps, so i ignored the blue flag ( sorry ). So thanks for letting
me continue to battle with Henry.
Then to cap it all on the last lap i was going to let you pass out of “respect” and was concentrating
so much on my rear view mirror, i forgot about the corner, it was a close shave for you. op’s:redface:
There must have only been millimeters in it:confused:
i do struggle assessing distance with the rearview mirror, it’s all i have.:ninja:

@Craig Dunkley thanks for organizing a great race, ironically after all of the above, had a great race.
No problem Ernie. I saw you were battling so it was fine and you have a right to race with Henry :)

Haha yeah, coming out of that right hander was a little too close for comfort but thankfully, we survived :D

Was talking with @Celtic Pharaoh and @Strand79 after the race about tips to getting closer to their pace (I was about 2 seconds per lap slower)...lots of experience and practice was suggested, which is a helpful recommendation of course...but as a music teacher myself, I know that experience gained from practicing the wrong thing will only make you an expert at the wrong thing... :roflmao:

A few books were recommended...so I'll definitely will be looking into getting these to go more in-depth. Always thankful when I can get practical advice to getting better, so thanks guys :thumbsup:

• Aryton Senna's Principles of Race Driving - by Aryton Senna
  • Drive to Win - by Carroll Smith
  • Tune to Win - by Carroll Smith

Last edited:
The following drivers were "NO SHOWS" meaning you entered this event and did not sign out.

Not only are you wasting my time but also your own, you may also be taking a slot that another driver may have wanted, you could see how popular this event was.

@Isaac Chavira

@birle1

@durielk

@Bruno Iwanczuk

@yshmana007

Please do not enter one of the events I have put on, unless you are prepared to sign out if a personal problem should occur

???? I have been racing tonight craig. I have finished nineth. Why do you think i have not been?? Do not undertand!? I think i use my real name because i do not have other player name in ac. Please, tell me if i am banned for a month, or whatever, or not.

???? I have been racing tonight craig. I have finished nineth. Why do you think i have not been?? Do not undertand!? I think i use my real name because i do not have other player name in ac. Please, tell me if i am banned for a month, or whatever, or not.

NO of course not, nobody is banned ..because I was out early I decided to check on numbers ..there were 19 racing and 26 signed up ...yes it was your real name that got me ..very sorry I will remove your name. I was looking at race names and names of who was racing ..it appears I made a few mistakes

Thoroughly enjoyed 2nd race here on RD - it has been awhile since I have been in organized racing and this is exactly the respectful type of racing I was looking for. thanks to all and hope to see you in a few more

Gotta tell y'all that this track is a b**ch. My wrists hurt more by the race finish than they did after 90 minutes at the Nords :confused:

Wasn't just me then. I normally run my small MiGe at 40% for FFB and by half way my wrists were killing me. I'm thinking I could run low 20's and just claw back towards the front and that plan was going well. By the time I got around to my first pit stops I had major wrist pain and forearm twinge. I dropped my pace by about a second a lap just trying to get to the end. It's the first half of track trying to wrestle the car down the esses that killed me the most I think.

Wasn't just me then. I normally run my small MiGe at 40% for FFB and by half way my wrists were killing me. I'm thinking I could run low 20's and just claw back towards the front and that plan was going well. By the time I got around to my first pit stops I had major wrist pain and forearm twinge. I dropped my pace by about a second a lap just trying to get to the end. It's the first half of track trying to wrestle the car down the esses that killed me the most I think.

But it was brilliant fun all the same!! Even at the very back.

Shame I couldn't find the NOS button to catch @Celtic Pharaoh last night, but awesome race regardless. Had a good battle with a couple of drivers (sorry I can't remember who it was) so thanks for that and thanks for keeping it clean!

Here's my qualifying lap for anyone interested. Horrendously sloppy lap, and I probably lost a full tenth at the bottom of the hill with that moment, but still kinda proud - PB

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%