AC GT3 @ Nurburgring GT - Sunday 25th of September 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Started 3rd and finished 7th... I'm very disappointed :/ I made 3 very big errors during the race, so i threw almost 35-40 secs away... and in the last lap i had an enormous lag in the first sector, so a yellow Ferrari could overtake me... Very disappointed, I'm hoping for a better race next time!

But I'm happy as well, because with a not bad lap i could achieve the 3rd position on the quali :) so that's not that bad... But the race.... eh...

Started 6th and finished 6th. That's quite okay and I only found out during the qualification session that I can go faster but it was too late to make changes to the setup.:D The beginning of the race was pretty tense as the front runners were pretty close to each other. It was fun! However I eased off when I noticed that the driver in front of me doesn't want to let me pass at any cost necessary. Then the race became pretty much uneventful until the last couple of laps. I was on position 7 and had to fight hard for 6th since the driver in front of me again was blocking all ways although he was somewhat slower than me and couldn't hold the car on track properly. Took the risk, hit the brakes late and overtook him in the last chicane before the finish line. Was lucky enough that he didn't close the door once more. Who ever drove that orange/white McLaren was not a great sports man at all.:cautious: But I love this track!:inlove:

I'll post some screenshots soon.:)

Sorry, that was me. I had only one mirror in the middle, i haven't seen U lot of times, plus i was very angry because i made amateur mistakes, and my car was ina very bad condition.... And during the last lap i had a very big lag, so i was so angry... sorry.

I saw that live timing website had a live map on it. I opened it on my second monitor and it was useful in qualifying because I could see when there was going to be a gap in the traffic and so when to come out of the pits to start my run. Cool.

screenshot time:)

Attachments

• Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-18-43-47.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-18-43-47.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 154
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-18-48-23.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-18-48-23.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 120
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-18-56-55.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-18-56-55.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-4-16.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-4-16.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 128
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-9-4.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-9-4.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 146
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-14-55.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-14-55.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 148
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-23-37.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-23-37.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 132
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-28-27.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-28-27.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-34-7.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-34-7.jpg
    470.5 KB · Views: 158
  • Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-7-48.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_ferrari_488_gt3_ks_nurburgring_26-9-116-19-7-48.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 153
Thank you all for the race! Even if finishing 1 lap behind, it gave me a pleasure to race with you guys.
I switched from street cars very recently so have to do a lot of training and gain experience with slicks and aero downforce, but I'm already doing repeatable lap times and there is always someone racing with similar pace:)
The greatest thing, in comparison to public servers, is that almost everyone here is respecting racing rules and each other. When I see a blue flag, it is a priority for me to let a faster car pass safely even if losing few seconds (by the way - to the guys responsible for the blue flag on my screen :) - what's in your mind the safest way for other drivers to let you pass without losing time?).

@Jozsusz I find calling you "not a great sports man at all" a bit of an understatement. I'd like to remind you of your very unsafe reentry, when you crashed into my car and caused me leave the track and loose a position. An apology would be appreciated.

...The greatest thing, in comparison to public servers, is that almost everyone here is respecting racing rules and each other. When I see a blue flag, it is a priority for me to let a faster car pass safely even if losing few seconds (by the way - to the guys responsible for the blue flag on my screen :) - what's in your mind the safest way for other drivers to let you pass without losing time?). ...

I learned that it is best to let the faster drivers pass/slip through before that corner that leads into the next longer straight. Another good situation would be directly on a straight. There you can leave the racing line open and ease off the throttle for a bit if necessary. But it's most important to drive predictable. Sudden changes of direction or even braking in places where someone wouldn't expect it can quickly lead into misunderstanding. Let the faster driver decide when the situation is best for an overtake attempt and aid him the moment he goes for it. It is the responsibility of the faster driver to get around the slower driver safely and it is the responsibility of the slower driver to help him the moment he overtakes. By all means a blue flag doesn't mean that the slower driver literally has to jump aside and discontinue his race until the faster driver is gone. He just keeps racing like he does and observes the mirrors.

What do you mean by leaving it open?

hmm... like for example when coming out of that last corner before the straight the slower driver leaves the racing line and let the faster driver pass on it. But it's also perfectly fine to let him do the overtake... it's really situational and needs a bit of experience.

I have found this video on youtube, maybe it helps a bit

Thank you all for the race! Even if finishing 1 lap behind, it gave me a pleasure to race with you guys.
I switched from street cars very recently so have to do a lot of training and gain experience with slicks and aero downforce, but I'm already doing repeatable lap times and there is always someone racing with similar pace:)
The greatest thing, in comparison to public servers, is that almost everyone here is respecting racing rules and each other. When I see a blue flag, it is a priority for me to let a faster car pass safely even if losing few seconds (by the way - to the guys responsible for the blue flag on my screen :) - what's in your mind the safest way for other drivers to let you pass without losing time?).

@Jozsusz I find calling you "not a great sports man at all" a bit of an understatement. I'd like to remind you of your very unsafe reentry, when you crashed into my car and caused me leave the track and loose a position. An apology would be appreciated.

Sorry, i haven't seen You, because i have only one screen and i can't see the side mirrors.
I couldnt come back to the track somehow else.
Sorry

I saw that live timing website had a live map on it. I opened it on my second monitor and it was useful in qualifying because I could see when there was going to be a gap in the traffic and so when to come out of the pits to start my run. Cool.
It is a feature that was recently introduced in Stracker. It will also be there for the league, and it it works really well to get an overview of the track. The latency between what is happening and what is being show is really low:).

hmm... like for example when coming out of that last corner before the straight the slower driver leaves the racing line and let the faster driver pass on it. But it's also perfectly fine to let him do the overtake... it's really situational and needs a bit of experience.

I have found this video on youtube, maybe it helps a bit
Much clearer now. Thanks guys!
Leaving the racing line can be quite dangerous, rule of thumb is keep your line and let the faster guy make his way through, only then you should make it easy by lifting the throttle. Leaving the racing line can be done when the slower driver makes it REALLY CLEAR and there is ENOUGH SPACE for it. What we see in F1 is what should never be done in slower categories, as it takes more time to cover up the distance, especially when involving multiple classes.
A good example can be seen at the Spa 24 GT3 race. WEC onboards involve multiple classes and some situations only work because the LMPs are at around 50-60 Kph faster than the GTs, not even considering the massive acceleration difference.
Check this video at this timestamp (1.44.55)

Sorry, i haven't seen You, because i have only one screen and i can't see the side mirrors.
I couldnt come back to the track somehow else.
Sorry

Use the minimap next time, it kills a little of the immersion, but it is a compromise we have to take for safety reasons;).
If it was a league for example you still would get penalized for it even though you couldn't see your mirrors.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 28 19.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 25 17.7%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 5.7%