AC GT3 @ Imola - Mon 9 June 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Qually fine, did my PB, and only 0.1 behind the leader and on 3rd place.
Well, nice race, but I just couldn`t keep up with BMWs. They both simply disappeared into distance (was constantly slower). Dunno about them, but I tired with hard tires, and I wasn`t happy with them. Maybe GT3 suits better medium tires.
Anyway, finished 3rd, nice race.
Just to Young: you had a huge ping, and you were letting me pass into that right hander before Rivazza- not good, i couldn`t avoid spinning on the grass. Next time, please let others by on the straights, ok? ;)

Good clean race...and clean start too by everyone :thumbsup:
Started 5th and finished 5th so gotta be happy with that.
Kudos to the back markers too....they were very aware of being lapped and made plenty of room..plenty of thanks were going out on TS.
Good race guys :)

Damn, all weekend preparing a nice set up for this race, and I forgot to turn fuel usage on... so I carried 60L all the way to the finish line.

Nice race, thanks for organising.

Congrats all for the impressively clean start.

Really sorry @Adria Perez.! :( I knew I was quicker going through the chicane, but totally misjudged putting the power down. Went too early and tapped your back!! :whistling:
Thx guys for an enjoyable race, can't believe I got off the grid, middle of the pack and through the 1st chicane without incident.!?.:thumbsup:...

Just to Young: you had a huge ping, and you were letting me pass into that right hander before Rivazza- not good, i couldn`t avoid spinning on the grass. Next time, please let others by on the straights, ok? ;)

Yeah sorry I thought I was fast enough on exit to let you pass me on the main straight. I thought you were going to make a move so it was a split second decision to give you some room.

Really sorry @Adria Perez.! :( I knew I was quicker going through the chicane, but totally misjudged putting the power down. Went too early and tapped your back!! :whistling:
Thx guys for an enjoyable race, can't believe I got off the grid, middle of the pack and through the 1st chicane without incident.!?.:thumbsup:...

No problem, you made a racing mistake, waited for me and apologised. :thumbsup:

Shame I couldn't convert that bump into extra forward speed to chase these aliens in the front ;)

nice race :)

incredibly clean start!! that means that if everybody pays attention and focus more on keeping his position rather than overtaking others we can make really good starts!!

I had also really clean battles with 2 different bmw, that was fun! :thumbsup:

thanks everyone ;)

I went with mediums. Was constantly doing high 1:44's without pushing it. The tyres probably had 98% or maybe 97% left by the end. I tried the hard tyres too, in the beginning they are slower by some tenths, but become as fast as or faster than mediums towards the end. I would take hards in GT3 for races longer then 1 hour.

While lapping the slower cars I noticed many of them swerve into the grass in corners when they see me get close to them. Instead try to keep your racing line and let faster cars by on a straight like the general rules state.

@Amedeo Fiorella I was actually looking to lap, but it seems you didn't notice, which you can't be blamed for with the lack of flags. Didn't want to risk though and stayed behind you. :)

While lapping the slower cars I noticed many of them swerve into the grass in corners when they see me get close to them. Instead try to keep your racing line and let faster cars by on a straight like the general rules state.

It was me guilty as charged!:rolleyes: I would not do this normally but I was struggling so much with this car and this track,:mad: that I was afraid at some of the corners if anyone was close to me I might do one of my epileptic uncontrollable wanderings:sick: and spoil someone else’s lap. I thought it best to keep clear in them corners I was struggling with. Unfortunately for me I would receive a penalty to add insult to injury, but hey I was last on track and no one to threat my position (I felt I should have the penalties off until I can at least race someone at least in that car:confused:) . All I was trying to do was master them corners, get some clean laps and try break the 1.50’s I was setting (not quite doing it though)

Saturdays race, unlike last night, I did manage much better and only had a few mishaps even though position wise I was 2 places up last night.

@Bram Hengeveld and everyone on the grid. Sorry i had to disapear after qualifying i had a huge spasm in my back and legs and if id of race i would of ended up crashing into someone and ruining their race so i left instead. Hope you all had a good race i wish i could of stayed but pain was to much.

See you all on track again soon.

@Amedeo Fiorella I was actually looking to lap, but it seems you didn't notice, which you can't be blamed for with the lack of flags. Didn't want to risk though and stayed behind you. :)

I'm sorry for that! I noticed you were in my back, but I was not sure I was lapped or not.. You were faster than me, I hope I didn't cause troubles! However you could say something on TS :unsure:

I also had troubles with my lap times.. I was really slower than usual, about 1.5/2 sec up during the whole race... Still don't know why!

See you at the next race! :D

It was me guilty as charged!:rolleyes: I would not do this normally but I was struggling so much with this car and this track,:mad: that I was afraid at some of the corners if anyone was close to me I might do one of my epileptic uncontrollable wanderings:sick: and spoil someone else’s lap. I thought it best to keep clear in them corners I was struggling with. Unfortunately for me I would receive a penalty to add insult to injury, but hey I was last on track and no one to threat my position (I felt I should have the penalties off until I can at least race someone at least in that car:confused:) . All I was trying to do was master them corners, get some clean laps and try break the 1.50’s I was setting (not quite doing it though)

Saturdays race, unlike last night, I did manage much better and only had a few mishaps even though position wise I was 2 places up last night.
@Edwin Collingridge,
i felt the same yesterday. If you miss the "back of the grid close racing" i'm more or less always there (at the back that is) and prepared to make this battle epic. :O_o:

@Andrej Svajger
@Edwin Collingridge
I'm up for a battle of the slow drivers too, but maybe we should organize a fun club race where the worst or slowest drivers from the quali (or RSR timing) get a 1 lap advantage against the Rest of the field. They can have a real race against each other and we get to fight them if they are closing, not only letting them pass by.
Additionally we can have a real battle at the front and could train the most basic racing behaviour - I would love that, but it would recquire a large amount of goodwill by the fast guys to acceppt this challenge.
For Example:
Imola, GT3 - 25laps
the fast drivers start their race when the 1st of the slow ones exits the Rivazza-

Last edited:
@Andrej Svajger
@Edwin Collingridge
I'm up for a battle of the slow drivers too, but maybe we should organize a fun club race where the worst or slowest drivers from the quali (or RSR timing) get a 1 lap advantage against the Rest of the field. They can have a real race against each other and we get to fight them if they are closing, not only letting them pass by.
Additionally we can have a real battle at the front and could train the most basic racing behaviour - I would love that, but it would recquire a large amount of goodwill by the fast guys to acceppt this challenge.
For Example:
Imola - 25laps
the fast drivers start their race when the 1st of the slow ones exits the Rivazza-
From the start on i wanted to suggest Bram to split servers from the quali, where the faster drivers get one server and the slower get the remaining one (if two servers are used). That way we would get closer racing, but this is unfortunately not possible, since it would require one more password to be sent and extend the time between the quali and race.
Nevertheless, we could organize a server for slower drivers, where aliens and the like would not race.

:roflmao::redface::laugh: Found my problem I was driving around with my brake gamma cranked all the way to the right!:confused::rolleyes: I had forgot I was doing some experiments earlier with it and had not set it back to the normal liner one.
Just did a couple of laps around 1:50 and topped my PB in the 1:49's without doing many laps at all :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.