• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured GT Sport: Update 1.43 Now Available

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,495

Another free update has arrived for GT Sport - adding wet weather conditions, new cars and plenty more besides!

Ok, the wet weather update ended up being a bit of a bummer considering it only applies to the Austrian Red Bull Ring venue - I'm sure many folks were hoping for a wider sprinkling of the wet stuff - but don't despair, plenty of other free goodies are included in the new build too..

As always, the update has been deployed as a free content drop to the PlayStation 4 exclusive racing game from Polyphony Digital. Alongside wet conditions for the Red Bull Ring, the August build also includes five new cars from the likes of Honda, Mitsubishi, Subaru and Toyota, plus the now customary GT League Round updates - check the details out below:

New Cars
    • Honda S2000 ‘99 (N200)
    • Mitsubishi GTO Twin Turbo ‘91 (N300)
    • Nissan Silvia K’s Dia Selection (S13) ‘90 (N200)
    • Subaru Impreza Coupe WRX Type R STi Version VI ‘99 (N300)
    • Toyota Corolla Levin 1600GT APEX (AE86) ‘83 (N100)
    New GT League Rounds:
    • Two rounds added to the Beetle &Samba Bus Festa (Beginner League)
    • Two rounds added to the J-Sports Meeting (Amateur League)
    • Two rounds added to the All Japan GT Car Championships (Professional League)
    • One round added to the Porsche Cup (Endurance League)
    Tracks:
    • Rain conditions added for the Red Bull Ring

GT Sport August Update.jpg

GT Sport is available for PS4 now.

Check out the RaceDepartment GT Sport sub forum for news, discussion and everything GT Sport related!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
  2. Mr Latte

Mr Latte

Ratings:
    +675
    How much fun or rewarding is this title with the Fanatec DD wheel?
    Is it even possible at R|D forums to ask, mmmmm :unsure:

3. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +672
    If I could connect my wheel to a ps4, I would probably enjoy GTS every once in a while.

4. Nick Gregory

Nick Gregory
    Forever a backmarker Premium

Ratings:
    +656
    I'm sure there are people out there who have bought a Podium PS4 just to play GTS. I would like to try it, but that would mean buying a PS4, plus GTS, and probably a PS+ subscription. I do intend to get a Podium PS4 though.

• Beer Beer x 1
  5. Mikec87

Mikec87
    Premium

Ratings:
    +78
    Having owned a MY98 WRX....that interior is so very good. Great modeling :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ryno917

Ryno917

Ratings:
    +598
    I fire it up every now and then to throw the GT3 and GT4 stuff around when I don't want to commit to something more strenuous (like AC) but I don't like anything else in the game.

Note that the throttle is non-linear: the first ~60% of travel does basically nothing, and then the throttle spikes, and the last ~15% does basically nothing. It's very difficult to apply power smoothly because of this, which makes all the classic cars a chore to drive and not at all fun and the furthest thing from realistic.

The wheel rotation is set automatically per car by the game and you can't do anything about it. Some cars are OK, and some it feels weird in. YMMV

Both of the above things are by design (the throttle being especially terrible, and weird that it's intended) and you can not change them.

Those two things are the reason I only ever drive GT3/4 because they're just a bit less sensitive to that stuff. Anything faster and the steering becomes an issue, anything with less grip and the throttle becomes an issue.

Honestly, unless you already have a PS4 and a wheel that works with it I wouldn't bother.

• Like Like x 2
    • Beer Beer x 2
  7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,881
    when I play on PS4, fully enjoy the wireless controller, it's almost like the whole point of the console is to sit on sofa :) rather then being strapped into racing seat with steering wheel :) but I understand that everyone has their own ways of enjoying games

it is true though that the single player experience isn't really deep, and multiplayer can still be quite a destruction derby,

plus one thing I definitely hate about it is that you can't pick your region. I have my account as Czech Rep. becasue that's whee I'm from, there's where I had my PS account , but live in Canada now
    and where this sucks is that in MP racing, I automatically go to europe, so the network lag makes it difficult to enjoy racing :(
    and on top of that , when I play, most of the europe sleeps, so matchmaking can take quite a while, and also the "balancing" can be ingored, becasue of not enough people :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Chris Frays

Chris Frays

Ratings:
    +1
    Yes, I am also thinking about to buy a PS4 with GT Sport. Just for the fact to race on the couch and have some proper online racing. Watched recently some Super-GT Videos on YouTube and it really looks like fun, even with a Controller. For the overkill setup you have iRacing and your rig.

9. A man with a Harmonica

A man with a Harmonica

Ratings:
    +17
  10. DKOliver

DKOliver
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    Cheaper option is to buy a GIMX https://blog.gimx.fr/ it's a lot cheaper but also requires more tinkering, but it works like a charm with my G920 on a PS4

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. AngryWolfCorey

AngryWolfCorey

Ratings:
    +37
    Proper online racing in GT Sport? GT Sport online racing is a great bumper car sim.

12. DKOliver

DKOliver
    Premium

Ratings:
    +59
    It's not near as bad as Forza. If you get your SR rating to S you can get some alright racing in GT Sport

• Like Like x 1
  13. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,881
    but i you play at time when nobody is online, wouldn't it push you with the other guys ?? I guess I could try, my rating is probably still C

so it's B
    https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gtsport/user/profile/1014595/overview

14. Alexander Santos

Alexander Santos
    Sim Racing Aficionado

Ratings:
    +4
    Which wheel do you have? I run FANATEC CSW 2.5 and I play GT Sport with DriveHub, https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/ . It's awesome. Any USB Wheel can be played on PS4 or XB1 with this $100 box. Check out my review!

• Like Like x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.