GT Sport GT Sport January Update Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport January Update 1.jpg

GT Sport has been updated, with some new features and content released to the PS4 exclusive racing title.

Having not shown any signs of slowing down into 2019, Polyphony Digital have released the latest update to GT Sport - adding no less than eight new, free cars to this increasingly impressive console racing simulator.

GT Sport January Update Car List:
  • Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 1953 (Gr.X)
  • BMW Z8 2001 (N400)
  • Ferrari Dino 246 GT 1971 (N300)
  • Honda Integra Type R (DC2) 1998 (N200)
  • Nissan Fairlady Z Version S (Z33) 2007 (N300)
  • Porsche 356 A/1500 GS GT Carrera Speedster 1956 (N100)
  • Shelby G.T.350 1965 (N300)
  • TVR Tuscan Speed 6 2000 (N400)

GT Sport January Update 2.jpg

Don't be fooled into thinking the latest build 1.32 is all about the cars however, as Polyphony Digital have also thrown a bone to those players asking for more variety in the way of circuit configurations. Coming to the new update released today is the 'Special Stage Route X' track layout. According to PD, the new track will be something a little bit different - a massive oval circuit! At an impressive 30,283m in length, the new track has over 65m of elevation changes and a main straight at 120000m in length! The Special Stage Route X is a return to the Gran Turismo series of games, having last made an appearance in GT5 from 2012.

GT Sport January Update 3.jpg

As well as new content, GT Sport January update also contains two new GT leagues for the Nissan Z cars, expansions of the Stars & Stripes (Beginner), Vision GT Trophy (Amateur), X2014 Nations Cup (Professional), and Gr.1 Prototype Endurance (Endurance) events and a brand new 'Circuit Experience' for the Tokyo Expressway track.

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RD? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Last edited:
At an impressive 30,283m in length, the new track has over 65m of elevation changes and a main straight at 120000m in length!
I dont own a console but when I read this article I thought WHAT WHAT - an oval 30km long and with a main straight of 120km!!!
Thats a hefty long oval.
Or rather an oval with a mainstraight longer than the total oval length!!
Is it laser scanned?:ninja:

D

Deleted member 503495

• Deleted member 503495

More Mission Challenges with a better variety of cars and Circuit Experiences would be very welcome. Selling prize cars should be enabled too.

It doesn't get as hyped up as much as the content being added but there's been a physics update too. I don't have the real life experience necessary to judge the relative merits of the changes, but so far the consensus elsewhere is that certain MR cars that were unreasonably taily before are actually driveable now. I'll have to try the GT3 Huracan (the hardest Group 3 car to control pre-update) again to see if that one was amongst the cars tamed.

The BoP updates however are questionable. The next Group 3 weekly race at Bathurst will be the ultimate judge but I have my doubts. Because on paper, a lot of cars that were fine got adjusted and the cars that needed buffs or nerfs were mostly left alone or given the wrong adjustment. A physics change would have to be pretty drastic for this new BoP to make any sense.

Last edited:
I dont own a console but when I read this article I thought WHAT WHAT - an oval 30km long and with a main straight of 120km!!!
Thats a hefty long oval.
Or rather an oval with a mainstraight longer than the total oval length!!
Is it laser scanned?:ninja:
Special Stage Route X is the track that was originally in GT5.
Overall length 30.2km with two straights of 12km.
Think Mr Jeffrey needs to amend his km > m conversion, lol.

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 90 19.0%
  • €151-500

Votes: 125 26.4%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 81 17.1%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 42 8.9%
  • €1501-3000

Votes: 48 10.1%
  • €3001-5000