RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Omg, can't believe this.. was looking forward to the race - the track is very demanding over more than 1 lap :p

I got a problem that when I alt+tab and switch back can't see the image from Evo no more.. every other game works just fine, not evo.. guess I'll have to stop chatting through the shift+tab Steam system or fix that.
Sorry for leaving during warm up of first race. :quiet:

Ahhh bum ... sorry chaps had to miss this ... was thinking I might just sneak race 1 one before my Christmas parental duties called.

Machine was in standby as I rushed in through the door, woke it up but when I got in game wheel was off kilter quite badly. Decided to reboot before quali ... but Evo mini dumped on me as I tried to post a chat message saying as much.

Anyway, long story short, didn't get back in before quali and family duty is/was calling so decided to call it a night - sorry Gary et al, hope it was a fun one :good:

Name in game: João Andias
Your Country: Portugal
Control: G25 (Logitech)
Car: C6R
Special remarks:I'm Prepared to step aside to make room for Oceania members if needed
[FONT=&quot]
If all goes well, this will be my fist RD race... :)

One question, although this is an Oz event, the server is in EU ?
My ping to Australia is high...
[/FONT]

Totally enjoyable nights racing.

Race 1
Started at back and through various mistakes by others moved up quite quickly then on 3rd lap (i think) skidded badly and cut the hairpin, felt guilty, so parked it to let the 3 behind me pass. Then while playing catchup made to many mistakes finishing down the field.

Race 2
Started at back again and this time made very few mistakes while others in front of me made big ones giving me a nice 4th place. Probably got a PB out of it but was having a ball and didn`t bother checking my fastest lap lol.

Thanks Gary for another great event, RD for hosting and everyone for a very well mannered race as everyone seemed to wait for space before rejoining track after going off. Probably as good as the AU event last Sunday.

What we lacked in numbers we made up for in good racing spirit.

Completely enjoyed both cars to the max,and the track i just love too much,i reckon this might get repeated in the new year at some point for a nice full grid after all this xmas hooha is over....

Many thanks to all who raced tonight and big thanks to RD for our facilities :good:.

What we lacked in numbers we made up for in good racing spirit.

Completely enjoyed both cars to the max,and the track i just love too much,i reckon this might get repeated in the new year at some point for a nice full grid after all this xmas hooha is over....

Many thanks to all who raced tonight and big thanks to RD for our facilities :good:.

Do it ... I am gutted to have missed it :good:

Race 1 (Lister):
Quali 4th
Finish 5th
Good qualification with my best time ever, and a good race seeing Ries overtaking me like a rocket at the beginning of the first lap. Sorry Ries, I touch you a little bit at the second turn. After that trying to stay on the track because I only drive few minutes with these cars on this track. And a good 5th place for me at the end.

Race 2 (Corvette):
Quali 2nd
Finish 3rd
A nice time for the qualification with the new best time for me with the C6R. For the race, I had the opportunity to drive during a lap at the first place. After time, a good fight with Gary and Sam, but they are too fast for me. I finish 3rd.

I was finally allowed to race, and it was a ball.

Race one, I got a reasonable start, held my line n tried to stay with Gary... lol. While running second n loosing sight of Gary, I started making mistakes. And, as I was being harried by Ries, it was only a matter of time.. Ries got by n again was just a disappearing dot... started 2nd, finished 3rd.

Race two, I was back in the pack, after making a complete horlicks of quali. Got a reasonable start again, the car infront didn't, so I was patient n bided my time. He had a coming together in turn two, which resulted in my gaining two places. Made another two in the chicane, with a couple of peeps out braking themselves. Running 4th.. I think.. didn't want to be caught out on cold tyres or brakes, so braked early for the hairpin. Ben made the slightest of touches, I was speared across the grass... thankfully, I got it pulled up before running into anyones path. The car ran ok, till I got another slight nudge and again the reaction of the vehicle was extreme. It handled differently after that, so I did a pitstop. But the game sent me out, as soon as I came to a stop. (I obviously imagined it) I was eventually caught by the leaders n gave them room.. finished 6th I think but only cause of others misfortune... and Bens' reluctance to finish infront of me... lol.

Thankyou again Ben, you had pace so shoulda went on yer way.

Thanks to the usual suspects, a great event, as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back