AC GT Multiclass @ VIR - Sunday 30th January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Just want to say how much I appreciate the RD AC club community. Seeing your messages before the race really warmed the cockles of my heart. We always support each others' endeavours and that sense of community and cameraderie is one of the key things which has kept me coming back to RD for the last 4 years :inlove:

So this one is dedicated to you folks, then:

Good race, I watched the first 15 then the last 15 as you went through traffic. Was that fuel load by design? it looked like you literally ran it dry in the pit lane.

During the race I noticed that due to lower fuel use than expected we could get 1 more lap out of the tank in my stint. The tyres felt fine-ish so I decided to go for it, but yes, it was a bit tighter than desired in the end :p It was great to see you there man!

Have a wonderful race at VIR tonight, chaps! Should be terrific fun in the GT3s.

Last edited:
OIP.jpg

Well done Tim, so pleased for you. :) :) :) :)

PS. a very well deserved win too.

Not much to say, the Nissan was always for me here totally unsuited to this circuit, but it was the only GT3 I could keep on the circuit.

So I was really happy with my race, especially as I had the opportunity to give Thomas some grief, so all in all a good VIR for me.
Well done podiums and a big thank you for the organisation.:)

Great race all. Congratulations Martin with another dominant performance in the Ginetta.

It's my first GT3 win here. I haven't driven in one since we started GT4 here at RD but fancied giving it a go to see what the GT4 experience has taught me. It was actually less of a step back up than I anticipated but I think the Ginetta bridges that gap quite a bit.

In the race Patrick was clearly faster than me, but it came down to him having 2 offs and I only had one so his bad fortune was my gift to get a win. Interesting being the faster class, I hope I passed every body cleanly.

@Interslice I hope you make a speedy recovery and thanks @HF2000 as always.

Good sunday drive everyone :thumbsup:

I think I love the idea of this track, but as someone said earlier on in the chat during the race, this track doesn't always play nice :rolleyes:

For me, it was a race of staying on track longer than the drivers ahead as I didn't have the fastest pace. Luckily I got a few openings to slip through and thanks to the great experience I've gotten in all these races with you all, I managed to stay on track all race, a big win for me :). Not something I could do a few months ago.

Decided to give an early pit a try around 37min. Ended up allowing me to drive relaxed for the next 20min, even lifting on some straights to let the big GT3s through. Eventually the cars ahead had to pit, which is the first time my pit strategy gained me spots ;) :geek:. Eventually I managed to nab p3 after Han ran it as long as he could, then still cut a 10s gap to 4.5 on the last lap :confused: but the race ran out of time.

Great first 15min of racing Colin :thumbsup:. Never thought I'd see daylight

Congrats to the winners. I don't know how you guys find so much extra time around the track :O_o::thumbsup:
Thanks for hosting Han and get better Brian :coffee:

Last edited:
View attachment 536930

Well done Tim, so pleased for you. :) :) :) :)

PS. a very well deserved win too.

Not much to say, the Nissan was always for me here totally unsuited to this circuit, but it was the only GT3 I could keep on the circuit.

So I was really happy with my race, especially as I had the opportunity to give Thomas some grief, so all in all a good VIR for me.
Well done podiums and a big thank you for the organisation.:)
Thank you Ernie. :) it's been a pleasure developing my racing here with everyone for the last year. I have spent many laps watching your onboard, Chris, Patrick, Han etc.. and learning as I go. Much to learn from others in this club

Hi guys, congratulations to the winners, what a tricky track thought, i end up in the middle of nowhere at least two times ahah.

Great race everyone, and I hope I did all of my GT4 overtakes clean, some of them on turn one where a little bit of a dive, but i tried to keep inside the corner and give space on the outside.

See you on track next week.

Just a noob question, how do i join the discord server?
I was trying to go to the AC section, but the "ask to join" button for some reason was not working.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.