AC GT Multiclass @ Okayama - Sunday 9th January 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Still have no idea how to take the last turn though. Seem to find a new line every time around and it's never the fastest one! :cautious::roflmao:

I always try to go as far left as possible and brake when the curb on the left side starts. You might need to go in slower then you expect. You can carry a little speed into the corner but then you have to coast a little and not get on the throttle too early, otherwise you have a brief visit with the gravel.

good day all please sign me up with the nissan
can not find the pass word thanks Gary
Gary,

I've added you but from now on the password can always be found in the first post. In this event it's the same as the server password. In my events (Tuesday and Wednesday) there will be separate passwords but also in the first post.

You can change the livery until the s.gp server is launched.

Last edited:
Great race everyone and congrats to @Kek700 on the GT4 win! :thumbsup:

I'm always happy if I go faster than I did before, and don't make any big mistakes. Glad to report both were good this time, last race I couldn't get past the 1:29s, but this one I was deep into the 1:28s which was a nice surprise. I guess that's a year of improvement showing :)

Hope I didn't cause any trouble for any GT4s, tried to wait for a good safe spot to pass but on occasion made a bit of a mess of it. :coffee:

Simresults: https://simresults.net/220109-lP2

My VR onboard (remembered to remove the text at the top at about 39 minutes to go...):

I was taken out in turn 2 by Colin Jones. He did not stop to wait for me or anything so I started the race with a 15 second handicap.

As a side note, 4 turns left in the race, I finally managed to overtake Colin, then assetto corsa just froze for 5 seconds. That's just a side note in case anyone watches the replays and wonders why I went straight when I was supposed to turn left. Didn't impede or crash into anyone, it only affected me.

Last edited:
What a nice race to be back.
Although, Okayama definitely does not count to my favorite tracks I was happy with my quali result and started in P4.
Just to directly make a mistake on the right hander before the back straight, to let Brian through.
What now followed was a nice 59 min long battle for position through the field of GT4s.
Sorry for the two contacts on the rear Brian, both times I thought you wouldnt brake that hard.
Was very close and if I had not messed up my pit stop I might could have made the overtake there.
But, I was just not braking fast enough and had to reverse...
None of us wanted to give an inch which resulted in some more or less very close overtaking maneuvers.
Again apologies to Richard for the aggressive attempt in the last corner.
Same goes to Tim on the last lap. I though I was hugging the inside enough.

After all, fun and intense race and it feels great to be back on the grid again.
See you all next week.

I was taken out in turn 2 by Colin Jones. He did not stop to wait for me or anything so I started the race with a 15 second handicap.

As a side note, 4 turns left in the race, I finally managed to overtake Colin, then assetto corsa just froze for 5 seconds. That's just a side note in case anyone watches the replays and wonders why I went straight when I was supposed to turn left. Didn't impede or crash into anyone, it only affected me.

Hi Stefan.

Please see rule 8. We try to resolve incident by PM, rather than the potential handbags in the forum route.

Thanks

Good race, had a terrible start. I was trying a double clutch feature on the wheel, made a hash of it. Dropped to 4th place by T1. Once I got past Robert I could never quite close the gap on Ernie to try and challenge for 2nd. Last few laps I was catching Han, lost a bit of time to GT3s but then came up behind them lapping Han and Ernie, was a bit of carnage in front of me and I slipped past Han (sorry about that last lap Han!). I nearly got the run on Ernie too who had to avoid the same mess but wasn't passing without a big send.

Thanks Brian, I think this is a good combo.

Congratulations Chris and Ernie on the wins.

Last edited:
What a nice race to be back.
Although, Okayama definitely does not count to my favorite tracks I was happy with my quali result and started in P4.
Just to directly make a mistake on the right hander before the back straight, to let Brian through.
What now followed was a nice 59 min long battle for position through the field of GT4s.
Sorry for the two contacts on the rear Brian, both times I thought you wouldnt brake that hard.
Was very close and if I had not messed up my pit stop I might could have made the overtake there.
But, I was just not braking fast enough and had to reverse...
None of us wanted to give an inch which resulted in some more or less very close overtaking maneuvers.
Again apologies to Richard for the aggressive attempt in the last corner.
Same goes to Tim on the last lap. I though I was hugging the inside enough.

After all, fun and intense race and it feels great to be back on the grid again.
See you all next week.
Hey stefan, don't think we had any contact unless I missed it. Good race.

Last edited:
Always like to see what corners I'm not taking right after watching your post race vids @Chris Down :thumbsup:

As for myself, managed to jump out to p3 in the GT4s at the start and held Tim off for a bit, but knowing what qualifying times were, the overtake seemed all but inevitable :cautious::p. After that, despite my lap times all about within a second of each other (and a new PB) I just couldn't close the gap that opened up to @Kek700 @HF2000 , and @Fiberoptix who seemed to stay 3 deep the whole race without anyone dropping back to hang with little old me :D :thumbsup:

All in all I finished p4, which is where I ended practice and qualifying... So I'm nothing if not consistent :)

Been trying to work on keeping myself "on track" all race and I'm happy to say I only went off once when I tried to give some GT3s some room in the chicane and caught the kerb wrong with my right side, sending me spinning off into the grass (luckily I didn't hit anyone and ended up spinning around the right way with a rolling start so only lost a couple seconds)

Thanks as always for putting these together, congrats to the winners!

Always like to see what corners I'm not taking right after watching your post race vids @Chris Down :thumbsup:

As for myself, managed to jump out to p3 in the GT4s at the start and held Tim off for a bit, but knowing what qualifying times were, the overtake seemed all but inevitable :cautious::p. After that, despite my lap times all about within a second of each other (and a new PB) I just couldn't close the gap that opened up to @Kek700 @HF2000 , and @Fiberoptix who seemed to stay 3 deep the whole race without anyone dropping back to hang with little old me :D :thumbsup:

All in all I finished p4, which is where I ended practice and qualifying... So I'm nothing if not consistent :)

Been trying to work on keeping myself "on track" all race and I'm happy to say I only went off once when I tried to give some GT3s some room in the chicane and caught the kerb wrong with my right side, sending me spinning off into the grass (luckily I didn't hit anyone and ended up spinning around the right way with a rolling start so only lost a couple seconds)

Thanks as always for putting these together, congrats to the winners!
Good race Robert, I enjoyed racing you early on. You eventually went wide on the final corner and lost a bit of momentum allowing me to get beside you on the main straight, without that mistake it would have been very hard to pass you.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.4%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.4%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.6%