rF2 GT Maserati @ Mid Ohio - Monday June 18th 2012

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Okay I caused a bit of a mess there, I'm very sorry. I did a 1:22.7 in Q, but I figured it would be more interesting to start from the back, as the nearest rival was over 2 seconds away from me. So I started from the back and got a lot better start than the rest and went through from the middle, but unfortunately clipped a few cars along the way. rFactor 2 hit detection is quite a bit different to rFactor's so I'm very very sorry about that. So the race went on and everyone seemed to be OK until Guy Moulton stopped and started calling me a cheater and a wrecker. From then on he requested banning me and restarting the event. I tried to explain him the situation but yeah.
I ruined the event and I'm sorry. I didn't think that much drama would come out of a quite simple mistake though.

pics:
http://puu.sh/BTQR
http://puu.sh/BTQt

Starting from the back when you are a faster and more likely a more experienced driver, is never a good call IMO, it put the fear of god into the other drivers when someone is racing up there backside putting them under unnecessary pressure on the first lap.

Well....pfffftttt.... that was my worst experience here at RD so far....

Okay I did get my pole :) , but before the first corner was rammed off the track by ... and was last. :( Not waiting for me, like it should... :(
In the first corner ... also had contact with someone else and they span, so I could gain a spot... A bit later in the race a hell broke loose and it was decided to restart the race.
In the chicane I was rammed off again and then I decided to just to quit....

Too bad I have trouble making a youtube video else I woud have.

Come on guys club races should be fun!!!!!! Driving people off is no fun, so lets do it better and cleaner, less aggresive and have fun again next time! :)

We had a wrecker. He using some sort of cheat- watch his straight line speed. There's a reason he had the fastest practice laps but could barely turn a lap and had no clean laps at all. Worst race ever. I've had 3 RD races- one last year and 2 with this mod and I'm less than impressed. I don't know how to make a video of a race and put it on youtube, and I'm not here to save the world. But that was blatant.

I just want a decent race and we get that mess.

And as for the shouting and chatting- we had to boot the cheater but no one seemed to agree. Yes, that was me. But when one guy is obviously cheating and takes out half the field, what's the point in racing at all? So I left and let the rest of you try to race. I did leave once I realized that no one else had a problem with a wrecker on the server.

We had a wrecker. He using some sort of cheat- watch his straight line speed. There's a reason he had the fastest practice laps but could barely turn a lap and had no clean laps at all. Worst race ever. I've had 3 RD races- one last year and 2 with this mod and I'm less than impressed. I don't know how to make a video of a race and put it on youtube, and I'm not here to save the world. But that was blatant.

And as for the shouting and chatting- we had to boot the cheater but no one seemed to agree. Yes, that was me. But when one guy is obviously cheating and takes out half the field, what's the point in racing at all? So I left and let the rest of you try to race. I did leave once I realized that no one else had a problem with a wrecker on the server.

**** doesn't cheat as far as I'm aware. I've raced with him and i have not ever had an issue with him. Yeah we might not have great days but driver skill and setup will affect speed differences in straight line speed. (Exit speed, downforce levels = wing settings)
http://gpcos.formula-simracing.net/results.php?eventid=558&leagueid=5&menu=season&menuoption=2
I suggest you take a look, and also if you got evidence please post or send it to one of the admins.

**** is racing in *******, where he needs to run an anti-cheat tool during the race, and he has never given any problem. I don't know what happened at all, but you shouldn't call him "cheater" without solid proofs.

i think some driver's need to re-read the rules, they applied to RD for a license knowing they have agreed to the rules, if you knock some1 of you wait for them , it's a rule and it's out of respect.

:poop:

You can check my setup, I posted in the setups subforum. But as I was running max rear wing and you say you were slower on the straight, then the problem must be on your side.
In the race when I was behind Stefan I only got next to him in the later part of the straight due to slipstream. I really don't understand you. Posting what you did on my profie is pretty ridiculous.

Some simple facts, regardless of what happend.

- Chatting during an event is FORBIDDEN! Please read the opening post of EVERY race posted here.
In case you have a bad experience, you file a report to ME! Not here on the forum, not on the chat during a race. Period!
- After hitting someone, you wait.
This is the golden rule of club racing. When you hit someone, which can always happen in a race, you wait until the driver is back on track, and let him pass. Even if this costs you all places in the race.
- Respect other drivers.
Regardless of what happens, respect each other. again, in case of an incident, you contact ME!

I will evaluate all aspects of this incident, and will give out penalties where I find it appropriate.

Last thing I want to mention here. I will see this as a one-off incident. I do like you all to re-read the rules you signed up for here. Just so we all know what is expected again. I believe I have not let you down on the racing club so far, so I do not see any reason why people would not have faith. IF someone misbehaves, let me (or any other staff member) know, and I (we) will deal with it in a appropriate way.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • More leagues

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 24 18.2%
  • Trophies

Votes: 15 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 8 6.1%