RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Server 2 Qualify timing

racesteam20090314053632.jpg

racesteam20090314063834.jpg

server 2

race1*
never found the pace in praccy and qualy on top i was of to pee with 3 mins left in qualy
as i came back the race just started o.O

race*
i pulled out my old setup from the last years event and it was good for a 3rd place on the grit *lee nicked my 2nd spot in the last sec, grrrr :)*

got a awsome startand had to lift it a bit to not bump of gary from then i had first nigel on my back till he made a little error probaly forced by a error i did.
then i had marty on my tail trying to freez the hell to find a way past but i defended my line pretty well
suddenly the gab to gary was gone and i saw him recover at the hairpin infront of house
i flashed my lights to let him know i wont take advantage*i am a that good soldier:p*
then david started to reel me in and hell after a great fight i nicked my 2nd place with only half a lap to go *wd mate*

race3*
i was expecting much cuz this track is just :inlove:. but my pace was hmm non existend preserved a 5th place out of 12th had good start but not good enough to have a move on david
so i was closly following him prepared to take advantage of the smalest error after a few laps the field was melted down to 5 ppl running as i had a snap oversteer on the 2nd last corner i stuffed the mini into the barrier after i recoverd i was watching my mirror cuz hansi and paolo closed up fast
while watching i missed the braking point for turne 1 and finalized my mini

wd all and a big big big thanks to Andrew and RD for the event

Server 1

Charade:
Qualy: Went ok, was better before, was it a 2:13.9xy? Anyway second behind Bob, which was good for me!

Race: Start was ok'isch, Mark I just saw now that we touched each other just before T1, which send you off! Sorry, nothing I could see at racetime, you were in my dead angle (that how we call it in German, maybe 'blind angle'?). I am really sorry for that! Lost a position to Kieran, got him back in T1 of lap 2. A couple of turns later he got me again, which got actually prepared in the downhill hairpin (good racing!). Unfortunately I went off that lap in this turn after the high speed downhill. Came back on track on 8th. Made two passes in subsequent laps in T1 (I had this already in the last race in Charade, where I did nearly all my passes in T1 :) ) and in lap 8 I was following Lewis and Mark who had a good battel, after the chicane I was actaully in good position to get at least one of them. And here, Lewis happened what I meant, but I guess here I was in your blind angle, I guess you could not see me, because suddenly you wanted to overtake Mark, while I was near you (before you were straight behind him), I am sure I was out of your mirror when you drive in hood view, nothing you could do about, you actually did not hit me very hard, but you actually spun directly in front of me, at my brake point :D, which I missed because of that. Unfortunately a bad place to miss a break point! I appologize for my wording in the chat, you did not 'kick me off' (which would mean something different), but I already tried to calm you down in the chat, easy easy easy man, this is fun! Sure nobody wants to be kicked, but I guess this is only happening in serious cases, race indidents happen and sometimes when you look at the replay you even regonize that you did a mistake, happens to everybody, I guess (at least to me and I also pray not to be banned). But I trust the admins here, that they only ban people for real rude behaviour! And I trust that they know what they are doing! This was an unlucky situation for you and me, happens and I had still a good time afterwards!:handshake:
Came back 10th on track. Finshed 8th!
Most interesting, did a new PB on this track mid race (!!!!) of 2:13.275 which I nearly could not believe!

EDIT: What I thought is T1 is actually T2 :)

Le Mas Du Clos:
Qualy: Here happened something, which I did not expect: I got pole in absolute new PB 1:29.573.
Race: I am bad starter, I need to work on that! Steve, from behind me got me long before T1. Got a small bump from Kieran in this combination of hairpin which sent me little bit off, but he waited (fair!), happens, no problem m8! Lost a little bit the rhythm and with it a couple of positions in that lap. Was 7th after lap 1. Afterwards pretty uneventfull, finished 5th.

Limrock Montain
(the track with least experience for me):
Qualy: Got 3rd with a 1:52.143, which was new PB but a good gap to Laurence and Bob in front of me.

Race: Ok'isch start again, after lap 1 I was 5th (Mark got me at the start, Kieran during lap 1), on the straight Laurence was a little bit off pace, overtook him so that I was on the inner line for T1, which I should not have done, as I did not make it through T1 :(. Just missed my brake point, was actually back to the race line. Was 10th when I was back. Finished 5th, but was a little bit lucky with that one as e.g. Steve went off in the last lap, otherwise he would have been in front of me!

Good race night, had really fun! Thanks all! Somehow I need to work on converting my not to bad laptimes (qualy) into good race results!

Server 2

Defo agreed with Gary on the format being a good one and action packed - top banana Andrew ... and there being 3 races means that if anyone suffers any kind of game or human errors or discos, they are able to get a couple of rounds and still have a great night.

Race 1
Quali - landed 3rd, despite being 0.5sec slower than I had gone in practice.
Got a reasonably good start, was up behind Marty and Gary who were scrapping, but every time I got in front of em, I got blue flagged, ignored em, but when the third warning came, I had to throttle off and let Gary and Marty back past :sad: ... but slowed a bit too much in doing so and they got a bit of a gap on me. I could see Gary and Marty fighting, so pushed to get up to them when suddenly Marty disappeared (DQ, blue flag :rolleyes:).
Anyway, I was now in 2nd and had Paulo paying me some serious attention fro behind, but I managed to hold him at around 1.3 seconds for a good few laps when I think he made a slight mistake gracing me a bit more gap prior to disappearing due to his mother's phonecall (see his earlier post).

So, with a gap to Nigel of over 4.5 seconds and growing, I started trying to claw some of Gary's lead back, and it seemed to be working ... to my surprise I got down to within 0.5 seconds of him when suddenly I noticed I had miscalculated my fuel intake, and my fuel gauge was looking scarily low. Praying for the flag to drop we crossed the line one more time about a second apart, but no flag. :eek:
Now with only 1.1 litres of fuel left on board, and an average fuel consumption of 1.55 l/lap, I knew I really needed a bit of luck to make the finish. It was nearly 9 seconds back to Nigel in 3rd, so I started throttling it back, short shifting and coasting as much as I could. I made it to the final turn with 0.02 litres of fuel left in the tank, gave it one kick on the throttle in second and the engine died ... Nigel had also run out of fuel, so Yves rounded the final corner and stole 2nd off me with probably only 10 metres left to the line ... I luckily had just enough momentum to roll across the line in third, and the car stopped 2 metres over the line. Most amusing way to end a thoroughly enjoyable race :D

Race 2
Praccy and quali: was averaging mid pack times for a while, not clicking with the setup and lap then suddenly at the end of quali I found my rythm and on one final flying lap landed 2nd (sorry Hermy :D).

I got a pretty awful start cos of not practising hill starts with G25, and on the entry into T1 got a slight nudge which sent me way out wide ... scrabbling for grip I got back on the hunt but by the time things had settled I was in 7th place :doh:
David, Hansi and Hermy were in front, along with one or two others, but then a few of them spun so after avoiding their pirouetting cars, I was up into 5th, but now with Keith's very close attention and we had some very cool laps together - thx for avoiding me too mate on some of those wilder attempts at scaring me into letting you past :wink2: - you did manage it several times too only to lose it again :D
Lots of dicing followed, not many passing places, some great racing, Marty was also in the mix again, I finally got clear and was up behind Michael and David, but ran out of time so finished a very respectable 4th. Another great race ... thx all

I unfortunately had the dreaded nvdknl... graphics driver crash at Limerock during quali though, which basically went one better and took my whole system out ... so by the time I got things restarted it was too late to join and the race had already started - as the numbers had dwindled somewhat by this point, I also felt bad for the guys in the server ... sorry to depart at this point, but I really was looking forward to this one, especially after my form in races 1 and 2 :sad:

Thanks Andrew, RD and all the fellas on Server 2 ... great evening's entertainment, despite the cursed graphics driver crash.

Sorry ... a bit of a "war and peace" thing here, but shows how much fun just 2 races were for me tonight :clap::highfive::love2::victory:

been a bad day for me. Power suppy shorted out, so I picked a new one up and was back in time for practice. But once installed It powers up gets to windows and shuts down. Then the following power ups the lenght of time it remains on gets shorter. I'm worried I fried my mobo when the ps shorted. Any adVice?

Sorry I'm gonna miss race was really looking forward to this

Thanks to those involved and RD for putting this on :)

Qualified 12th. Race started and I managed to pull up to 9th within a few laps, then lost it, but ended up 7th. Had a few fun battles and for the first time ever didn't panic while defending my position. As a matter of fact, I actually defended it. I normally just let people by if I see they're faster than me.

Race 2 I started in 2nd place and got a good start into t1 and took 1st, Corey put a lot of pressure on me into the first big right hander and I got cracked under the pressure and forgot to brake. Slid off the track and tried easing back on but may have caused a bit of a jam. Sorry if I made anyone swerve to miss me :(
Anyway, ended up 16th by lap 1 and didn't go anywhere from there. I couldn't focus or even keep my car on the track. I'm a liability after 14 laps :D

Warren, I don't know if you saw it, but just before you and I both pit(Lap 7, race 1) I had a pretty sweet drift around the final corner before the pits. I'm glad you weren't right on my arse or I probably would have hit you. I don't know how I didn't spin :D haha

For me a really good night, I was feeling kind of tired so I had a shot of espresso and some chocolate before the race, it seemed to wake me right up.

Qualifying - After some good laps in practice I was worried that I might mess Qauly up, so I decided to go right out when it started while the track was still fresh in my mind. I managed to put a good lap together for the pole, only my second ever in the club races.

Race 1 - Both Rhys and Hansi shot past me on the start, but later Rhys swung a little wide and I was just chasing Hansi lap after lap. He wasn't making any mistakes and I could see no where to pass so I just sat back there til my pit. Hansi must have had trouble because I came out of pit lane in first and managed to hold it for the race one win. This I am sure was due to the fact that Yves and Warren both were in bmw's, which I think are a handfull on these tight tracks.

Race 2 - I lost a spot on the start to drop me to ninth, but in the first right hander Michel hit Warren and I barely got by them unscathed. In the next turn I saw 2 more bimmers off to the side and I settled into 4th behind Cam. Cam was driving flawlessly until he got a little wide in those infamous right handers and he was nice enough to let me past on the straight - thanks Cam, very gentlemanly racing. I was then left to try and catch Marty and Hansi. I settled in to a good rythm, but I didn't see myself getting past either of them as they were both driving good laps. Marty then got sideways on the dreaded left after the back straight and I was able to slip past. I tried and tried to find an opening on Hansi but there wasn't one. So Second place for race 2, but very happy about it.

My second Club win at RD and I really enjoyed the racing. I like our friday bunch of guys and I love these stcc races. See you all next week and thankyou. Sorry for your internet problems Mtommi.

Grats to William And Hansi for there wins. Rhys did a fantastic job in the Bmw for 2nd the 1st race.

Fun night and for me a very difficult track to be consistent. Had some good battles with Rhys, Yves and Hansi. Found myself in 3rd place race one and two and 3rd overall. And my number for the Mini league is going to be 3. Don't know how the guys in the BMW's drove so well here but WD.

(quote)
It was nearly 9 seconds back to Nigel in 3rd, so I started throttling it back, short shifting and coasting as much as I could. I made it to the final turn with 0.02 litres of fuel left in the tank, gave it one kick on the throttle in second and the engine died ... Nigel had also run out of fuel, so Yves rounded the final corner and stole 2nd off me with probably only 10 metres left to the line ... I luckily had just enough momentum to roll across the line in third, and the car stopped 2 metres over the line. Most amusing way to end a thoroughly enjoyable race :D

Lee I watched your whole last lap on the monitor from your car behind Gary and when you started short shifting I figured you were short on fuel. You could not have done it any better, it was like you knew what it would take to get to the line. Shame you lost second place after all that. Great Job!

Qualifying: 3rd. Excellent result. :victory:

Race 1: Rocket start, but ran wide at the first chicane letting Hansi and Willian through. I stayed in 3rd until pitting time, fending off Rafael and then Marty. After driving a few laps after coming out of the pits, I gained P2 and stayed there until the end of the race. I was overjoyed. :D

Race 2: As I said in TeamSpeak, a high is always followed by a low. I came through the first two laps okay, but I almost spun at the first chicane again, then got hit off. I stayed second-last for a few laps. I was gaining positions, but then I spied an incident between Michel and Olly at the last corner. I tried to avoid it, but Michel had parked his car in completely the wrong spot, right on the apex, and took off my splitter as a result. Into the pits. I managed to get P12 before the end.

Still, no matter. This event was so much fun for me, and I'm already looking forward to next week! Thanks Eric and RD for setting it up! :thumb:

Warren, I don't know if you saw it, but just before you and I both pit(Lap 7, race 1) I had a pretty sweet drift around the final corner before the pits. I'm glad you weren't right on my arse or I probably would have hit you. I don't know how I didn't spin :D haha

Yep got a good view, I think I saw you repeat something similar later on too, but I was smiling because I know how easy it is to lose the tail in a BMS. :laugh2:

Race Report:
Can't say I enjoyed this one too much, not sure what happened to the clean driving philosophy of this group. I always enjoy trying the BMW E46 occasionaly, even though I struggle with it. However, I didn't count on being punted off in the opening lap of both races, just to add to the challenge. Maybe it is "punt Warren" week, this makes six times in my last four races :wink2:

Qualy was a disaster, managed to almost spin off twice.

Race 1: At least the BMW is quick off the line, so I gained a couple of spots. Unfortunately Corey tried the old late dive into the inside of a turn and spun me around. That put us both last, but I slowly gained some spots but never got settled. To cap it off, I made a huge mess of the pitstop, as I came in two other cars were on my spot (I thought) so I waited for them to move, then forgot to hit the accept button. I finally woke up, but lost heaps. Finished about P9 I think.

Race 2: Another good start gained me a couple of spots, but was soon spun around by Michel who seemed to just drive straight through me exiting the turn. Once again, virtually last. The highlight was a really good dice with Raphael over the closing laps (thanks Raphael, always close and clean with you :handshake: ), but on the last lap he suddenly froze behind me. I wasn't sure what had happened and while looking in my mirrors, I forgot about the nasty chicane in front and went off track. That put Yves on my tail and we finished side by side over the line. Finished P7.

Grats to William for the overall win, and special mention to Cam and Rhys for a great couple of races. :highfive:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back