RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Hey guys, I converted this track to EVO and wanted to answer some questions and maybe get some feedback since you're the ones running it.

About the issues:

-lines on the road

AA issue from RBR.. I can explain if you want, but it's kind of a long story. The important thing is that I figured out how to fix it and you can expect no lines on the next update.

-6 car max:

I initially set up the track with a rally timer (described below) which works great in rF. However you need to know in which sector you are for launching properly and EVO doesn't have a proper Motec tool yet(at least not one that requires multiple displays). So for the EVO release I made the six car grid and thus the 6 spots.

I don't know how much bigger I can make the grid since the staging area is quite short but adding more garage spots is easy. How many slots would you like to see?

-timing issues ( sorry no short way to explain it )

The problem with gmotor games is that when you turn your outlap not all register as legal. When you drive an outlap on a closed circuit you collide with xsector1, then xsector2, when you collide with xfinish(start line) timing starts. Easy as that. A valid out lap is passing through xs1 then xs2.

The sequence of timing plane instances you must pass through in a PTP track is as follows(Andrew Jon Godlewski's method) Dummy XS1, Dummy XS2, XF, XS1, XS2, XF. The first XF starts the timer, the second stops it for the lap.

In a perfect world we could trigger a countdown timer when you pull up to the line, but we can't (Animation starts when you enter a server, and is not synchronized between clients). So you should have a rally master assign launch times. So that spreads the field, but everyone still needs to launch from the same place. This is how the rally timer is set up in Joux Plane, but the rally signage specs and distances I use are from the NASA rulebook and are as follows:

//Start area//
1.Yellow clock signs (Dummy xsector1) ~25m from red clock signs
2.Red clock sign (Dummy xsector2) ~8m from the start line
3.Start Line

Basically people get into their cars and form a queue. The rally master assigns launch times. (every 30 secs or so) Passing the yellow clock signs will show "Sector 2" on your Motec/HUD. You inch up to the red clock signs until the Motec/HUD shows "Sector 3"; this is where you launch from. The timer will start once you cross the Start Line. By using this method people launch from approximately the same spot at an equal interval which makes for a fair way to compare times.

Like I said, this is already set up so if you guys want to try it on your server I can add a Rally layout to the next release for you to test.

-minidumps

Can you be more specific as to what cars you were running, track setup, etc? I haven't had this problem so far.

Cheers,

-E

I try and brake while turning and my car slides, so I just jam on the brakes at the 150 mark and crawl through the turns...

The Sheivlak 3rd/4th gear right downhill turn (6th turn) is a very good place to practice braking and cornering (in rain even more so). You go fully flat-out until the hill crest, then turn in into the downhill apex while braking slightly, when you hit the apex give it full power again (this “full power” is relative to the car).

The next turn, Marlborobocht (the 7th turn), and the next “Renaultbocgt” (the 8th) are also good places to train braking and turning. This last one has a considerably strong braking and turning and some room for error, so it’s good for training.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back