AC GT Championship Round 1 - Watkins Glen Short - Sunday 14th January 2024

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
The only reason I am against low grip levels? is what ever is wrong with a simulated car and I don't know a car that does not have some sort of failing.
Low grip finds that failing and makes it worse.

Shitty day, shitty race

MiMiMiMi.PNG

(thanks for organizing Brian and the rest for clean cut racing.)

Grumpy out.

Only 1.2 seconds covered the field in qualifying, amazing.

I couldn't quite get the pace to threaten top 10 in qualifying so started near the back.

Decent start with no contact and then had a great close battle with Colin until he went off in the busstop. I pitted early ish and eventually Colin caught me again. Close every lap until Colin pitted but by then Paul and Patrick had caught me.

Eventually Paul got past and held it to the end while I fought off Patrick to finish p13.

Thanks for the clean racing and to Brian for organising.

Last edited:
Great race until the last corner. Could a referee please make a ruling on the situation between Richard and I?

It was a really great race up until then Richard. :thumbsup:
Hank I agree it was a great battle and a shame that we touched in the last corner. Watching the replay back I think I should have given you a little bit more space so I'll take the lions share of the blame.

Obviously I didn't pass you so there was no place to give back but a shame that Robert was there to take both places (not that I blame him!)

a great race overall for me some good overtake i was a bit in trouble with the lines but quickly got a good rhytm . now i have to say after my pitstop i had an huge close call with Dai he was under the blue flag luckly i was able to move my car away from that if sm1 can give me the replay of that cause apparently i cant find the replay this time, i didnt know if he was letting me by or not cause he slowed down on the straight just to completly miss the corner ,can happen . anyway thank you as always for hosting Brian , really well done to Paul Velasco great battle and good knowledge on whats around . and Congratz to Jason and Jhonny for p2-p3 .

Last edited:
a great race overall for me some good overtake i was a bit in trouble with the lines but quickly got a good rhytm . now i have to say after my pitstop i had an huge close call with Dai he was under the blue flag luckly i was able to move my car away from that if sm1 can give me the replay of that cause apparently i cant find the replay this time, i didnt know if he was letting me by or not cause he slowed down on the straight just to completly miss the corner ,can happen . anyway thank you as always for hosting Brian , really well done to Paul Velasco great battle and good knowledge on whats around . and Congratz to Jason and Jhonny for p2-p3 .
Sorry Fulvio about that -- coming to the straight I thought you were still far enough back was going to carry on until you were closer, but then I saw you flashing your head light so I moved over to the right and slowed down figure you would blow by me. Then we were getting close to the bus stop I still didn't see you going by, I was going pretty slow and didn't think I could get through the turn before you so I just stay to the right and tried to figure out where you were and ended braking later than I should thinking I was going slow. Than I saw you pulled even to me right after I past the guard rail to my right. Since I was already to the right along the guard rail, I couldn't turn right fast enough and bounced you on the side. Fortunately I didn't turn you around and hope I didn't cause you too much time.

I then just tried to stay off the track and let the next two guys go by. Hope didn't cause any problem for them.

Well, don’t change tyres, don’t put a load of fuel into the thing at the pit stop. I had hoped that tyre degregation would be an issue. The only degregation was my pointlessly long pit stop.:(
But the good news is that I had good pace, and held onto the front group, but could achieve no more than that. Let Fulvio pass, saw no mileage in holding him up, that being the only excitement, apart from early in the race, a Allan and Carsten spin and some grief from Brian.
The end

ok no problem thank you Dai for the explanation , btw i was able to steer away just before and avoided the contact , went on the result to see if was a client side and saw that i finished with 0 contacts POG :roflmao: .

Last edited:
Despite doing okay in practice I stuggled to put in a good lap in quali. I never understand how the track seems to change session to session when in theory it shouldn't. I suspect it is psychological.

I had a good battle at the start with some of the other back markers and made up places when people spun. I had a few good scraps with Colin, Doug and Partrick. I couldn't work out a reliable way to make a pass at this track though. Every passing opportunity seemed to leave me very compromised for the next corner. Several times I was alongside and then had to back out of it to avoid causing a problem for everyone else.

I went long on fuel hoping the others would tangle but it didn't work out and I was 6s off the rest of the group when I came out. I was catching up to the back of the group by the end which was reassuring.

Positives were okay absolute pace and not getting lapped. I need to work on being more consistent this year to be able to stay with the rest of the pack for the whole race. Maybe do some full length AI races beforehand?

I really enjoy racing the Ginetta - it's approach able like the Mx-5 but has more power and tuning possibilities without going as far as the GT3 cars. Very much looking forward to the rest of the series :thumbsup: Thanks for organising Brian.

David….
I don't think anyone had much of an overtake chance, irrespective of their placings.
Even Fulvio went in for a early pit stop rather than face trying to overtake the top 4, maybe wrong on that one, but no one here found overtaking, not to be very problematic.
Like yourself, I just relied on mistakes, rather than getting knocked off and then face an impossible situation 3 places further back.

694399CB-5C68-4D34-9064-860F3788E9F6.jpeg

David….
I don't think anyone had much of an overtake chance, irrespective of their placings.
Even Fulvio went in for a early pit stop rather than face trying to overtake the top 4, maybe wrong on that one, but no one here found overtaking, not to be very problematic.
Like yourself, I just relied on mistakes, rather than getting knocked off and then face an impossible situation 3 places further back.

View attachment 721749
Thanks Ernie - that's reassuring to hear!

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 151 86.8%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 28 16.1%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 51 29.3%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 61 35.1%