AC GT Championship Race #4 - Sunday 12th December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Lost my internet connection about 25 mins in. Struggled to transition initially to lower grip and a full fuel load but after having Brian breathing down my neck for the first 10 laps I was starting to get away. Congratulations to the winners though, Brian I think we were going to have a close one if I hadn't dropped out. Thanks for organising.

It was a pity we didn't get to find out what would happen in the last 15 when the tyres started to go and the grip dropped again. Without a mistake or a slap of a GT3 car I think you would have been comfortable enough to be honest.

A steady run in qualifying had me starting in P8 and for the first few laps I managed to hang on to the group ahead and gap Hape behind.
I was cautious in passing the GT4's and took my pitstop at the halfway mark for fuel and a new set of softs. My race was with Hape and I could see that he was going long as was Bart. But Hape got the undercut on me when it looks like he just stopped for fuel only.
Apparently if you pray to the racing gods (Christian Horner Abu Dhabi Dec 2021) :D then something might happen. But while I was catching Hape in the closing stages, there was no safety car or incidents that allowed me to get close enough, so P9 at the finish.
But I was pleased with my overall pace and consistency and felt that I could confidently race. A big thank you to Brian for setting up the series, congrats to the podiums and also thank you to the GT4's for their consideration in the passing moments.:thumbsup:.

This was my last race until after Christmas, may I wish you all and your families a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2022. Good luck at Fonteny.

That 650s is really a pain in my ass to get the setup right. I was hoping to get more time to practice, but unfortunately I didn’t. Car was awful to drive and I had 20% left in my tires after the race cause it was sliding all the time.

But atleast I had some nice battles with Jens, Thomas and Ernie! I tried to catch Ernie but with that Drifter-McLaren it wasn’t possible.. :D Great driving Ernie! P5 is okay and now I have to try to practice Nordschleife because I haven’t spent much time there..

Last edited:
Couple of interesting statements above, Paul @Shed 17 kept an eye on you a lot in this race, you are not far off the pace now, almost there, not sure about the next jump to Aki @ Chris, but you never know. ( I will be very pleased if you can get there ):)

Make racing so much better to get a cross field balance.
Imagine turn 1 and 2, if we all had Aki and Chris pace
:-/

The Nissan is not as fast as the McLaren, “any where”, but it has a strong race pace, as long as it’s softs work okay, which normally they do.
The McLaren is a cornering machine so when the grip goes the McLaren suddenly becomes plain difficult.
Nissan relies on grunt out of the corners. so even with poor traction it can still be stable and although it will lose performance, it will still be just as competitive around most of the circuit. Even though it’s lap times drop.
So on that note, well done podiums and many thanks for the great organisation.
Hope I did not tread on any gt4 toes.:-/

Last edited:
Really nice event last night. A great way to finish out the year. A big thanks to everyone who took part. A really high standard of racing again.

The first 25 minutes of the race until @Fiberoptix Dc'd was really enjoyable, if a bit intense early on!! I had a bit of a pace advantage over tim for the first few laps but it wasn't quiet enough to get a safe overtake into P1, especially with @EireGreen™ and @HF2000 threatening to take advantage of any slip up from a failed attempt. The 4 man train eventually broke up a bit and tim slowly pulled away to make a 2 second gap. Micheal dissapeared off my tail, a spin or an off im guessing.

Tim unfortunately dissapeared into the stands after turn 2, about 25 mins in and the rest if the race was quiet enough. All about surviving the GT3 cars, so i was kept busy! Han and micheal seemed to be slowing each other battling for second, so the was no late drama on the worn tyres.

Congrats to the podiums and chris for the GT3 win. It will be an interesting finale at the ring.

Happy Christmas to everyone and see you all at the next event. It's been a pleasure to race with you all throughout the year :thumbsup:

A steady run in qualifying had me starting in P8 and for the first few laps I managed to hang on to the group ahead and gap Hape behind.
I was cautious in passing the GT4's and took my pitstop at the halfway mark for fuel and a new set of softs. My race was with Hape and I could see that he was going long as was Bart. But Hape got the undercut on me when it looks like he just stopped for fuel only.
Apparently if you pray to the racing gods (Christian Horner Abu Dhabi Dec 2021) :D then something might happen. But while I was catching Hape in the closing stages, there was no safety car or incidents that allowed me to get close enough, so P9 at the finish.
But I was pleased with my overall pace and consistency and felt that I could confidently race. A big thank you to Brian for setting up the series, congrats to the podiums and also thank you to the GT4's for their consideration in the passing moments.:thumbsup:.

This was my last race until after Christmas, may I wish you all and your families a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2022. Good luck at Fonteny.
hi Paul
yes for me hoping some drivers make errors so have a chance to pass them it was the only option to be fast enough to make a splash and dash. We are so close together in the lap time (if you look at the result of the fastest lap time) and i know i make more errors (you can see it in the consistency). So i decide at 8 o'clock to test it and i feel good to drive the last rounds not so hard because tyres are gone for sure. But in the race i also make no to big errors so i pass you in the box :). My decision was that i was not so much faster on the softs then on the mediums (i think its my driving style).
So we battled each other without ever have contact in the race. (fuel for 24 laps and 6 laps)
Now i get more and more familiar with overtaking the GT4 but it is hard work for me because i didn't know what the driver ahead wants to show me (left or right or nothing).
I was very pleased on my result and i didn't know that you saw my strategy in the race (in the race i only see cars in front or in the mirror).
to all :)
I have to say after years on racedepartment that i drive better than in the beginning (much better) but that the most drivers around me have a much better learning curve. Yesterday for example i didn't recognize a GT3 car in the dirt. So it makes much fun to drive and i think nobody drives unfair which makes it a nice Sunday evening every time.
I appreciate it that i are allowed to drive with all of you
thx Brian and Han for organizing this events (could we goto standing start next year - for me it felt like SGP now works?)
hape

So, a standing start for Nords? I still don't understand how you could do a rolling start there on that layout we're racing on

No we'll see out the rolling starts for the final race. With T1 here we might as well. I just meant next year in general :)

It won't be a full lap. The 'start' point will be confirmed and clear in the race thread. I'll even post a pic! We'll roll as far a flugplatz at the very least.

My maser setup from this race. It's an update of the original one from the bathurst thread, in the pre ABS days. It is still slow and steady so should suit anyone who finds the car a bit too loose, which a few did mention.

Attachments

• race.ini
    1 KB · Views: 22

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back