Sell GS-5 G-Seat - Seattle Area Pickup Only

Lightly used, in great shape. Includes a mounted 5-point harness, which you can optionally use to increase the effect of the paddles.

Why am I selling it? I built a custom, DIY 6-direction belt tensioner seat... I'll post about it sometime.

Buyer must pick up from me (Seattle area). It's heavy and a large racing seat - we'll need to carry it down my front stairs together and to your vehicle (a truck or SUV, won't fit in a car).

Asking $2000.

gs5_cat.jpg

I just can help wondering about DIY 6-direction belt tensioner seat. It must be pretty good, since you are willing to part with your GS-5. :D

The GS-5 is an awesome motion simulator and whoever buys it will be very happy with it.
Although the picture with the cat is cute, but it does make one think about how many cat hairs are on it? :roflmao:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: CC
I just can help wondering about DIY 6-direction belt tensioner seat. It must be pretty good, since you are willing to part with your GS-5. :D

The GS-5 is an awesome motion simulator and whoever buys it will be very happy with it.
Although the picture with the cat is cute, but it does make one think about how many cat hairs are on it? :roflmao:
Not too many, I generally don't let them in my office... I don't want a cat getting squished under the motion platform :)

Here's the belt tensioner system. Front, back, left, right, up, down. It's only a bit more work than a 5-point harness to put on. The servos are driven by a microcontroller running custom firmware and my own telemetry processing software. It's strong enough to squeeze you pretty tight, but is also responsive enough that you can feel vibrations from rumble strips at high speed (up to 200 Hz or so...).
front.jpg
back.jpg
IMG-7433.jpg
IMG-7434.jpg

I don’t want to clog up your sale thread, but your seat is really interesting, it would be great to hear more on it if you considered a thread on it?

I don’t want to clog up your sale thread, but your seat is really interesting, it would be great to hear more on it if you considered a thread on it?
Sure, I'll make a post about it in the hardware forum when I get a chance. Might be a few days.

Sure, I'll make a post about it in the hardware forum when I get a chance. Might be a few days.
That would be great, totally at your leisure, I’m just a pure nerd when it comes to seeing different approaches to achieving.similar goals!

Last edited:

What @Philip K said :thumbsup:

I would also love your thoughts from your new seat to the GS-5.

Back on topic : Anyone who lives in driving distance of the seller and has their eyes set on adding some serious immersion to their rig, should jump on this immediately

Currently the GS-5 is sold out and at 2/3 of the new price this a very good deal

Hi I know you wrote Seattle pick up only. But would you consider shipping? I can bear all the shipping costs (and hopefully can find one that is willing to move it for you all the way)

Hi I know you wrote Seattle pick up only. But would you consider shipping? I can bear all the shipping costs (and hopefully can find one that is willing to move it for you all the way)
Maybe, if you can find someone who can pack it and help carry it down my stairs. I was chatting with dMASS about what it'd take to ship internationally, and it's probably more than I'd be up for:

"I think it's about 45kg, but also pretty bulky - it's on the big side for a seat. I think I'd have to put it on a pallet and reinforce the seat with plywood to keep it safe. Too much work for me and probably not cheap...

When you buy it new from them, it comes in this huge box with plywood reinforcement. I guess they just barely manage to ship it disassembled w/o needing a freight pallet, but it totally destroyed the box during shipment"

Kind of like moving house with a big TV - the movers usually build a custom wood box around it. Something like that, or a freight pallet. I'd prefer not to go through the trouble of disassembling it, too, which of course makes it bigger... compare vs just tossing it in the back of a pickup truck or large SUV :)

Hey AlexN, I was keeping an eye on this thing for sale (trying to determine if I'm committed enough to iRacing to drop 2k) and then it dropped off my radar. I'm local to Seattle. You still have it?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.