AMS2 Group C @ Silverstone Historic, Tuesday 8th August 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
So I've done some laps and here's what I've found: (X2 tyre/fuel and a coldish track) Sauber is a beast & harder to tame than the others; Nissan is stupidly powerful and a wee bit more managable than the Sauber; Corvette is somewhere in between the two - not as powerful but no turbo lag/boost to worry about. Porsche is the least powerful but, and it's quite pronounced, it is very drivable. It's by far the nicest car to race and, after hustling the living **** out of it, quite close to the others in outright lap time. Server is real weather for practice/qualy but dry & light cloud cover for the races.

Last edited:
Welcome Deyan, you're in. I'll send you the PW.

Here's some stuff about huds from the last few races where we had people new to AMS online.

There's a host of things to sort in AMS2 to enjoy it to the fullest, like getting your FFB set up well.
That's for another time though, first, here's how to order your huds in-game.
You have two cockpit huds, plus a telemetry hud and a clear screen option that you navigate through a funky switch or D Pad depending on your wheel. The key bindings for scrolling through the huds are in the Options/Controller/Game setting.
Here's what the 1st cockpit view in options looks like:
20230725223609_1-jpg.682982

You can select the option you want and move it where you like as well as enable/disable all the elements too.
Here's mine with the leaderboard, full speedo, full tyre/damage/wear & the laptime icons.
20230725223443_1-jpg.682980

The 2nd Hud, and the one I actually use during races is the Light version. Minimal speedo and tyres and the relative timing screen enabled.
20230725223452_1-jpg.682981

There is more you can adjust such as size and depth and other tricks explained in the help screen seen above in the customisation menu. These setting will be mirrored in both VR and monitor view with slight differences.

If you wish to use Crew Chief or Simhub you need to enable shared memory and UDP in the system settings. If you don't use 3rd party apps don't use UDP as it's been known to cause issues.
20230725223121_1-jpg.682984

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea