AMS2 Group C @ Fontana Roadcourse, Tuesday 29th August 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
Cool cars and racing...bit thirsty those cars.
Results: https://simresults.net/230829-0Ko
Screenshot 2023-08-29 at 22-03-13 Result 230829-0Ko - Fontana_SCC - RaceDepartment.com #3 Tues...jpg

seconde race choose the vette was surprisingly easy on this track also. But the sauber was just to fast as was the Nissan, luckily those trucks love there fuel:)
I also struggled a bit keeping up with the Nissan on the straights, but it made mincemeat of the infield! Lift and coast was still needed to make it to the end, but I managed to get there with nearly 6L left.

I think it is twice as effective.... I just did a few sums and I'm fairly sure it's as simple as it sounds.... with the 4 seconds of off-throttle I was doing most laps, I saved nearly 5 L of fuel.

Fuel x1Fuel x2
laps1717
totaltime00:24:1000:24:10
fuel (L)50100
L/lap2.9415.882
avg laptime (s)85.2985.29
avg L/s0.0340.069
coast (s / lap)44
total save (L)2.344.69

It also made me realise that turning down the mapping is probably a bad idea as you are on-throttle for longer due to it taking longer to get to the braking point.

Yeah, I saved about 1 litre a lap on full lift-coast and medium fuel map. If you bring up the hud with the throttle trace, you'll see that reducing the map actually reduces the range of the throttle so you are not getting full power by the simple means of not having full throttle. A bit daft but that's how they implement it.

If you bring up the hud with the throttle trace, you'll see that reducing the map actually reduces the range of the throttle
that is an interesting approach..... I guess from a practical stance, it's effectively the same, but it does mean you have to be careful when checking your pedal calibration :cautious:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.