AMS2 Group C @ Cleveland, Tuesday 15th August 2023

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
ss135919RD.jpg

Join us Tuesday for more Group C goodness as we throw caution to the wind and 900 hp at the bumps and concrete confusion of the Cleveland GP circuit.
Ahhh, Cleveland, a bewilderingly simple, flat, featureless sea of tarmac, where every lap presents itself as a new puzzle. To help you find your way, the Server is up with AI to show you around and, for this outing only, we have enabled the driving line aid.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Tuesday Race Club
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup.
Server Settings: X2 fuel, X2 tyre wear, light cloud
Setups: Open
Assists: Factory Defaults. Auto Clutch, Driving Line
Track: Cleveland GP
Cars: Group C: Porsche 962, Corvette GTP, Nissan R89C, Sauber-Mercedes C9

Group C Liveries

ss143453.jpg

Sauber C9
Porsche 962
Corvette
Various Skins

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.
ss144813rd.jpg

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Race 1.
Practice:
18:30 UTC (60 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (23 minutes)
Lobby Break
Race 2.
Qualifying:
20:10 UTC (10 minutes)
Race: 20:20 UTC (23 minutes)

ss142802.jpg

Entry List
  1. Redvaliant
  2. rockracer
  3. Craig Dunkley
  4. Munkyboo
  5. GeekyDeaks
  6. Eric S
  7. Bas Kriesels
  8. max1966i
  9. Twoddle
  10. * Jan Larsen
  11. Lloyd Johnston
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Hi Adrian, added. Yeah, it's not so much the track layout -which you can learn in a few laps - it's the lack of any markers for the corner entries. Plus the bumps. I turned the driving line on and it is nowhere near my line for most of the fast corners, but it's there for people that may need it.

Yes please! This track brings back memories of racing it in the old Papyrus Indycar days and none of us having a bloody clue when to start turning. It's still pretty much the same for me! :) I guess it's no different to the blind corners you get on other tracks, but there are so few visual clues it just seems a lot more tricky here.

Hi Eric added. Yeah, I'm thinking of moving back to 18:30 UTC start time but for a 30 min practice. Probably for the following week.

There's been an update -one that alters the tyres for the GRP Cs: minor adjustments and the hards are now available for the Nissan and Corvette. it's fairly big so best to get it soon.

Lol, yeah it's a tricky track alright. I think the driving line is kinda wrong in a few of the fast corners, I'm going in much earlier than that stupid green/red snake is suggesting, but it's there as an aid for anyone struggling with the entry points for the corners. Another thing, that Sauber driven by the AI is stupidly fast, too fast. I tried following it for a lap and couldn't stay with it through a few of the fast corners.

I have tried all 4 cars and again the Porsche is (my opinion) to most drivable but lacks power/speed on the straights! The sauber drives like a truck as does the Nissan. But then again I don't know if the Corvette is the way to go for me??? ........... Which car do I take? What do you guys think drives the best?

I was on with DanRock on Saturday and tried the Sauber, Corvette & Porsche. Sauber was quicker for most of the lap over the others, but hard work. I was a few tenths off in the Porsche, eventually...it's just so much nicer to hustle than the Sauber. I don't think the Sauber,Nissan or Corvette can run away from the Porsche due to the bumpy, tricky corner entry nature of the track.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.