AMS2 Group A (DTM) @ Hockenheimring National, Thursday 8th June

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event
That was great fun last night, experience in those cars let me down I think, in both races silly mistakes cost me. I was struggling predicting the grip point at the front especially in T2 and coming out of T6.

Had a quick crack in the BMW after and although it felt a bit more lively it also felt a bit more predicatable so probably should have gone with that :).

Had a quick crack in the BMW after and although it felt a bit more lively it also felt a bit more predicatable so probably should have gone with that :).
I haven't actually tried the Merc, but I also found that whilst the BWM is pretty lively, it seems to be fairly easy to catch and control any loss of the rear. I did lower the number of clutches and the diff load though.... I might have a play over the weekend and see if that actually made much of a difference

Great fun indeed! While I agree Hockenheim is a bit of a gloryfied car park, you can really slide those BMW's around on it as if they were Tokyo Drift cars.
I tried to slide a bit less in the second race, hoping to have some tires left for extra pace in the last 5 laps. But eventually they were just as worn, and the gap to Scott was only bigger.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.