Graphics settings suggestions for gaming laptop?

I have a 2yr old HP Omen gaming laptop. i7-7700HQ @2.8, 16g ram (don't know the speed) and AMD RX580 8g vidcard. I know it's not the ultimate gaming machine, but it's what I have. I am after smooth fluid gaming with the best visuals, as anybody is. I don't understand all the jargon and settings actual meanings, so sme insight from the knowledgeable would be great. The game looks okay right now, but wondering if I can make it better, or if I am already at what's best. Is there a specific file I can upload here for you to analyze my present settings and tell me where changes can be made?? Thanks all.

I am running a 32" at 2560x1440x144. Would running it at 60 make a big enough difference in being able to up the graphics? My laptop is capable of 4k, so it has the oomph to it. The new 32" is 1440 at most. Running it using HDMI not DisplayPort.

I have a similar spec laptop, but with an NVidia 1060 6Gb GPU. But I considered the pixel resolution of the standalone monitor had to be the native 1920x1080 of the laptop display. ACC is pretty demanding but I can run most settings at high or epic at that resolution. I get around 90-120 FPS. I’ll grab some screenshots for comparison but if you’re pushing almost 1.8 x the number of pixels I am you will have to make some compromises.

I'll try to drop the resolution down and see what happens when I bump up some settings. I am assuming once I get racing, I won't notice the resolution drop too much anyway. Thanks for the input and your time. It's appreciated.

Well that’s weird. I took 3 screenshots of my graphics settings but they are all identical, as if I didn't scroll down to the lower sections. I’ll give it another try After work.

Not sure if you saw this but it may help triage what settings to turn down and what to try to keep higher.

I had found that post after. I used it to adjust and think I've found useable settings that I can watch the replay without it being pixelated or a slideshow but gorgeous. Thanks for the help.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back