Grand Prix Legacy Manager II

95lK0aU.png

1996 World Grand Prix Season (9-12)
0OB2rWh.png
3hWVbf3.png
TiNmeGE.png
DnZOT3b.png
HW7pL0o.png

The 1996 season is over ! Congratulations to the winners !

uDMGldP.png

vfShbCP.png

Drivers market and Setup Window are open for (at least) 48h !

Well let's have a talk folks !

I realized during the last months that some of us were less involved than before. No one to blame, and I understand, I also was a little less involved than the years before. Around Christmas some of you told me that they will "retire" which would make almost half of the grid controlled by no one (in fact it means controlled by me). I thought that it wasn't fair for those who were still in the game to just let it go and I wanted to see if some of you would ask for some news. After a week or two, then a month, nobody asked which made me accept the fact that it will be the end of this game.

I've joined RD on Nov. 2013 to ask questions about F1 2013 mods because I was modding the game myself. Of course my original mods were classic F1 ones :geek:

Then I discovered the Forum section which brought me back to my High School years when I was involved in a management game like those. I studied the type of games you had and thought that it could sound like a good idea to come back in the management game excel-based business :thumbsup:
@Jimlaad43 answered me Nov 6 2016 : "Excel games have rather died out. If you have any idea based on actual racing games with videos of racing involved, I think it would gain more traction."

And here we are ! 2023, nearly 7 years after my very first Formula Legacy Manager game here ! I have met some great guys, practiced my english sooooooo much (don't forget that I'm french and french people are almost the worst people on earth in foreign languages) and discovered a thousand of features in Microsoft Excel. Most of all, I felt great, having my own little secret field here. Sometimes you've annoyed me, sometimes a lot, never happy with a regulation change :D but in the end everything was fine.

I've ran 4 iterations of my F1-Historic-management game, and (almost) each time you were there ! I just wanted to thank you all for the time we spent together :inlove:

PS : my original dream with GPLM was to make it a mobile game. And I ended up designing an Excel solo game (special thx to @Milos : Macros changed my life :roflmao:). I keep updating it and also designed an NFL, an NBA and a Football management game inspired by the games I ran here. Most of them are not finished but some are playable. Let's talk in PM if you want to know some more.

I just didn't want to keep asking for updates since I never liked that myself when I moderated a game. Just figured you'd have plenty of reallife stuff going on with your family etc, and that it would continue in due time.

Shame to have it end just as I was about to dominate the **** out of everyone with the Michael and Seb, but that's life. Thanks again for the many years of fun you've brought us all with your game :inlove:. And sorry for all the times I've been a pain in the ass complaining about whatever.

@Meff28s

So...is it over? I for one am definitely still in it. All the other games I've been a part of have died off.

No Rock Paper Scissors for over 2 years.
No Track Design since November.
Connect the Dots has been a year.
Forum Racing ended June 2022

The only game right now that still has movement is Countdown from 100k, and sometimes the Racing Pictures. But those are not really games. What's missing? What will get people interested to play, but is easy to create and moderate? What will bring in new members?

Well I have to say that my excel sheets are still perfectly working. We COULD finish the game, especially because I know @kedy89 you were waiting your MSC+VET run, @Milos your ALO one for example. I get that some of you are still definitely in (Jason I know you are @rubaru), but in the end how much are we ?

Here is my plan if we resume GPLM2 : every "AI team" will still be there, spending and saving no PP at all each update (which makes it simpler to manage for me), building A cars only to get the best of their drivers' peak years (and I'll handle that myself). Every season will be simulated exactly like before (with PP orders for each round) but I'll post the results at once (I mean the whole 12 races at once instead of 3 updates to complete a season).

So in the end, who's in ?

(special thx to @Milos : Macros changed my life :roflmao:)
I too learned from the excel sheets for GPTCC, which I believe were made by @kedy89 , so I don't want to take a false credit here. :roflmao: Actually was kind of my intro to c#, and then c++ and java, and then my current job in unreal engine.
I just didn't want to keep asking for updates since I never liked that myself when I moderated a game. Just figured you'd have plenty of reallife stuff going on with your family etc, and that it would continue in due time.
^^

I'll still be playing, but may take some time to get used to checking RD forums again

I too learned from the excel sheets for GPTCC, which I believe were made by @kedy89 , so I don't want to take a false credit here. :roflmao: Actually was kind of my intro to c#, and then c++ and java, and then my current job in unreal engine.
It's been so long I honestly can't remember. I even had to look back who initially started running GPTCC, good man Jack. Pretty cool that it got you working with UE now :thumbsup:

Good old times, peak of forum games.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back